• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Logistics between Boardwalk and Yacht club

Macdonx

Contrary Mary
How long will it take to walk from Kouzzina to the Yacht club marina around the lake.
Is it shorter to take the boat launch across?
Thanks!

All of the Epcot resorts (Boardwalk, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Swan and Dolphin) are withing easy walking distance of each other. The walk from the Boardwalk to the Yacht Club is at about 5 minutes (at most). You certainly can take the Friendship boats, but you will wast a lot of time waiting for one and then lose more time with the unloading and loading of passengers.

The Beach Club and Boardwalk are the farthest apart. You can still make the walk in about 8 minutes or so.

If anyone in your group gets motion sick, definitely skip the boat.

It is a nice, pretty, quiet walk, especially in the evening. We often take walks around the lake. At a slow pace, it is about 20 minutes.

It's just over 3/4 of a mile around Crescent Lake. If you start walking at the Boardwalk dock, the YC/BC/BCV dock is about 1/2 way around the lake.

An adult, walking at an average rate of speed, should be able to make it in about 10 minutes.

Boats from the Boardwalk destined for DHS go directly to the YC/BC/BCV dock. (and then stop at the Swan/Dolphin before going to DHS).

If you are going to YC, not BC, then head left when exiting Kouzzina. Head towards the S/D, but when you leave BW property, at the bridge, go right..this will drop you at the YC...takes about 10 mins tops, depending on your walking speed.
You could take the boat to DHS.....the YC dock is the first stop after leaving BW. But, if the boat is just pulling away as you get there, it could be another 20 mins before the next one comes.

We're having breakfast at Kouzzina, and then my son is taking the Albatross cruise. I wanted to make sure I left enough time to walk him around the lake, but I've never been there, so I have no concept of the size of the lake.

I didn't know if I'd need to shovel some breakfast into the lad, and then leave the rest of our party to hustle around the lake.

Thanks for all your input. I appreciate it.

Cheers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter