Loews Gold Member Suite Upgrade at Royal Pacific?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
We are Loews Gold members and were able to take advantage of upgrading from a standard room to a waterview room after booking but it wasn't easy! I called Loews who had me call Universal who told me I couldn't upgrade until 48 hours before check-in and transferred me back to Loews even though I told her that Loews cant see the availability...needless to say I was on the phone for over an hour and bounced back and forth 6 times until a reservationist at UO knew what they were doing and they really made me work for that upgrade!! It makes me slightly nervous with this being our 1st trip and I am hoping that it was just bad luck :)
On Loews website it states that Gold members are eligible for an upgrade to a suite for $50 extra per night. We will have 4 in the room and a King Suite only sleeps 3, so what suite would be offered at the $50 upcharge? and does this ever happen or are the suites usually booked up? We are traveling the last week in October if that helps.... The UO reservationists I asked knew nothing about this upgrade--is it possible to call the actual desk of RPR 48 hours before check in and inquire about the upgrade or do I need to wait until we are actually checking in? Do suites at RPR include Club Level benefits or is Club level separated on its own? I do not want an animal friendly room and was told that waterview rooms are not offered to animals so my only request was high floor. Any other room requests I should ask for?
THANK YOU!!!!

Due to the fire codes, only 3 allowed in King suites

Did you tell the TM you have 4 in your party ?

The King suite is the only upgrade for Loews YouFirst program at rpr

Pbh has different suites that can accommodate more than 3 maybe book there now to avoid any problems at check in time

King suites are on all floors

If you want a room with club, it would cost more than it would for a non club room

Looking at YouFirst policies, thought the upgrades are not guarenteed at levels blue and gold but near check in

Platinum members can book 24 hours out for a guarenteed room

Maybe that is why you have the 48 wait to request the upgrade

If you check in with 4 in your group you would be placed in a standard room at rpr
But if you end up booking at pbh and request the YouFirst upgrade, you would not have any issues there

At gold level, very easy to upgrade from standard room to water view at time of booking

So-we would not be able to upgrade to a Kids Suite or Club Level room with our Gold Status? I apologize in advance for all the questions--but it seems DISers know more than the UO reps sometimes..lol

I'm platinum and have been getting the perks a long time

When I was at gold, they did not budge very much to the prior to 48 hours out for the room perk

At rpr. They have no substitute suite for the upgrade

It is King suite only for platinum and can be guaranteed at time if booking

gold can book it 48 hours out with the additional cost

To be on club level it is an additional charge for YouFirst members or non members

If you book at pbh , they have more choices for room upgrades for gold and platinum members
Same policy for gold to have the surcharge of $50 added to the nightly stays

At gold you can get the automatic upgrade from standard view to water/park view at rpr or pbh at time of booking if you request it when you book

Don't wait until checkin to request the water view

Take a look at pbh and see if you would want to stay there for one of their suites
You can get better mileage with your gold status there for room than at rpr

If you want a kids suite and stay at rpr, it would be at the price you see on the website

Try for the smsm code for a discounted kid suite room

So-we would not be able to upgrade to a Kids Suite or Club Level room with our Gold Status? I apologize in advance for all the questions--but it seems DISers know more than the UO reps sometimes..lol

Not just the UO reps but the WDW reps too!

Can someone enlighten us on the $50 platinum upgrade procedure? We were told by reservations that only a King suite (RPH) and a Portofino suite (at PBH} were available for upgrades. I think.I have seen other folks getting different suite types. We're those acquired at reservation time or checkin? We are a family of six so our options are limited and kinda need to know in advance. Thanks!

Last edited:
Can someone enlighten us on the $50 platinum upgrade procedure? We were told by reservations that only a King suite (RPH) and a Portofino suite (at PBH} were available for upgrades. I think.I have seen other folks getting different suite types. We're those acquired at reservation time or checkin? We are a family of six so our options are limited and kinda need to know in advance. Thanks!

You were told correctly. The King suite isn't going to help you at RPR. At PBH the Portofino suite has two queen beds and a pullout in the parlor.

Gold members can get a suite upgrade for an additional $50 per night, if available upon arrival.

Platinum members get a suite upgrade at reservation time and it does not cost anything.

https://www.loewshotels.com/youfirst/benefits

Thanks for the clarification! I see there are 12 of those room types at the PBH, and they must be popular as we are not finding much Saturday night availability in the next few months. Out of curiosity, there is one night with a portofino suite available but no standard rooms. Would that have a chance at working?

Thanks for the clarification! I see there are 12 of those room types at the PBH, and they must be popular as we are not finding much Saturday night availability in the next few months. Out of curiosity, there is one night with a portofino suite available but no standard rooms. Would that have a chance at working?

You have to book a standard room and have it upgraded. If there are no standard rooms available, they won't upgrade you.

Has anyone ever been upgraded to a better suite as gold? I booked an aph rate portofino. But now we want to spend an extra day and no portofinos are available (Sat. night) But the other suites are. Has anyone pulled off getting bumped? Should i just book a standard and see what happens?

1/14-1/15 2017. I can get a club level for all 4 nights, just no portofino. I was going to book through Amex FHR, but the girl at the front desk told me I would get credit for the stay, but not get bumped to a suite. I know there is no way of knowing until 48 hours out, but will they usually bump you to portofino from deluxe @ gold level?

Just to be clear...I have 1/12 and 1/13 booked in a portofino with an aph rate which is decent. I need 1/14-15 and no protofino rooms show. I am APH and Gold Ufirst. Has anyone been bumped from a portofino to a high level suite? I am thinking if I book the 1-14-15 in deluxe club level, they might give em a higher level suite to keep the whole trip? Anyone pulled it off? I would have book AMEX plat. FHR for the 4th night free, but they just killed the promo.

Just don't know....

That weekend is MLK isn't it?

Could be peeps will book for a 3 day weekend to make it Saturday-Sunday-Monday stay which is why they don't have the first choice of room for you

I would book soon for the extra dates so you can look in your rooms

Just to be clear...I have 1/12 and 1/13 booked in a portofino with an aph rate which is decent. I need 1/14-15 and no protofino rooms show. I am APH and Gold Ufirst. Has anyone been bumped from a portofino to a high level suite? I am thinking if I book the 1-14-15 in deluxe club level, they might give em a higher level suite to keep the whole trip? Anyone pulled it off? I would have book AMEX plat. FHR for the 4th night free, but they just killed the promo.

No, even when booking a parlour suite @ time of reservation via platinum have I ever received a 'high level suite' bump. That said, the parlour suites there are sweet lol

I've booked a regular room relatively last minute there several times when the suites were unavailable. By watching the website, I was able to call & request the platinum upgrade before arrival a few times (both there & RP).

JHMO but most platinum status likely watch availability in same fashion, leaving little opportunity for an upgrade the day of arrival during popular times/weekends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter