Lodging in West Yellowstone, MT &/or Jackson, WY

StregaNona

Mouseketeer
We are planning a last minute trip to Yellowstone NP and the Grand Tetons in the fall. The visit coincides with a work related trip for my husband. We will probably only have two or three days which is better than no days :).

Does anyone have any lodging recommendations for West Yellowstone, MT &/or Jackson, WY? We are flying in and out of Idaho Falls or Salt Lake City, but those area are covered.

Thank you.

For West Yellowstone I would recommend the Alpine Motel.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...ws-Alpine_Motel-West_Yellowstone_Montana.html

Alpine Motel
120 Madison Ave.
West Yellowstone, MT 59798

The lodging in West Yellowstone doesn't tend to be too fancy. The Alpine Motel is rated #1 on tripadvisor.com, and it's a real "Mom & Pop" place. It's very clean, not too expensive, and the owners are very friendly and helpful.

On another trip I stayed at the Best Western Weston Inn. It wasn't anything special and it cost about 50% more than the Alpine Motel.

I thought there was good value in the Alpine Motel.

HTH :earsboy:

FYI - We were able to get a room for one night at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. Has anyone ever stayed there?

Any suggestions for a night or two near Jackson, WY? Place to eat there?

Thank you.

The Snow lodge is the only modern hotel in Yellowstone National Park. It's across the parking lots from the attractions, Geyser Basin, Inn, Visitor Center, etcetera. The walk across the parking lot is a little hectic, be careful. Of course you will only make that walk once and see the rest of the park the rest of the time. Since you are staying in Old Faithul Village if the moon is full watching Old Faithful at night is incredible.

If you have young kids the visitor center is a must. It's new and really nice. Look in the lodge, from the front entrance make a right past the restrooms and out the doors. Look in the windows across from this exit. It's an employee gym and the architecture is amazing. Go inside the Inn and check out the lobby.

Down in Jackson, please tell me what type of meals and lodging you prefer and budgets. PM me if I don't see your reply.

FYI - We were able to get a room for one night at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge. Has anyone ever stayed there?

Any suggestions for a night or two near Jackson, WY? Place to eat there?

Thank you.

Staying in the Park is great. Hopefully you have more than an overnight at Yellowstone, even if you need to move to a hotel out of the park.

If you are into beer - http://www.snakeriverbrewing.com/

We just stayed at the Buckrail Lodge while in Jackson. It was a terrific, cute place within walking distance from the main Town Square. Below is their website, and you can also read many reviews on the lodge at tripadvisor.com

http://www.buckraillodge.com/index.htm

We flew in & out of Jackson, so we chose to stay those nights at Buckrail. While in the Grand Tetons, we stayed at Signal Mountain Lodge, which was fantastic. We stayed three different locations while in Yellowstone...Old Faithful Inn (Old House), Canyon Village (Dunraven Lodge), and Roosevelt Lodge (Roughrider Cabin). Of these three locations, it was a tie b/w OFI and Rossevelt for our favorite.
:thumbsup2

We just stayed at the Buckrail Lodge while in Jackson. It was a terrific, cute place within walking distance from the main Town Square. Below is their website, and you can also read many reviews on the lodge at tripadvisor.com

We flew in & out of Jackson, so we chose to stay those nights at Buckrail. While in the Grand Tetons, we stayed at Signal Mountain Lodge, which was fantastic. We stayed three different locations while in Yellowstone...Old Faithful Inn (Old House), Canyon Village (Dunraven Lodge), and Roosevelt Lodge (Roughrider Cabin). Of these three locations, it was a tie b/w OFI and Roosevelt for our favorite.

PS. We did eat at Snake Rive Brewery and we really liked it...fun, casual atmosphere with good food.

:thumbsup2

We flew in & out of Jackson, so we chose to stay those nights at Buckrail. While in the Grand Tetons, we stayed at Signal Mountain Lodge, which was fantastic. We stayed three different locations while in Yellowstone...Old Faithful Inn (Old House), Canyon Village (Dunraven Lodge), and Roosevelt Lodge (Roughrider Cabin). Of these three locations, it was a tie b/w OFI and Roosevelt for our favorite.

PS. We did eat at Snake Rive Brewery and we really liked it...fun, casual atmosphere with good food.

Thank you for the info on the Buck Rail Lodge. We just looked at their web site and I will call them tomorrow morning about availability. The Trip Advisor reviews are very positive, too!

Snake River Brewing looks good, too! Thank you.

Unfortunately we only have two - maybe three - nights in the area. We plan on seeing as much as possible, but we do realize we cannot see everything in a short trip.

Unfortunately Buck Rail is not available for our dates :( ... back to square one for lodging in the Jackson area ... Any other suggestions? Thank you.

I went to Jackson Hole, Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone a few years ago and, while in Jackson Hole, stayed at the Snow King Resort.

This is a small ski area located right in town (we walked to downtown both nights we were there). The ski area has some nice lodging. You may want to check it out -- when we went it was one of the more inexpensive but nice options.

Bummer about Buckrail Lodge. Another place that we were considering was the Antler Inn. It was reasonably priced, located right off the main square and the reviews on TA were favorable. I remember them being very friendly when I spoke to them on the phone. Good luck! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter