lodging for several months?

snjmorrison

Mouseketeer
We are looking for a short term rental...about 3 mos while our home is under construction. We were at Club Cortile behind the Sams Club, but the property managers would enter when I was at work. Once, my two younger children were sleeping, and my daughter ran into them leaving the condo. I wasn't comfortable with this, and my husband's gun was stolen. It was a key..not a coded door, so I suppose a previous renter could have entered. We recently rented from an owner in Emerald Island, and I could smell the mold/mildew before I even opened the door. We didn't stay and are trying to get our money back. We are trying to stay 1800/month or below and close to toll road 429. Any suggestions?

We are looking for a short term rental...about 3 mos while our home is under construction. We were at Club Cortile behind the Sams Club, but the property managers would enter when I was at work. Once, my two younger children were sleeping, and my daughter ran into them leaving the condo. I wasn't comfortable with this, and my husband's gun was stolen. It was a key..not a coded door, so I suppose a previous renter could have entered. We recently rented from an owner in Emerald Island, and I could smell the mold/mildew before I even opened the door. We didn't stay and are trying to get our money back. We are trying to stay 1800/month or below and close to toll road 429. Any suggestions?

Most of the vacation rental on Homeaway, Flipkey, etc will post a monthly rate. I would try that although it would be tough to find one with 3 months wide open. You might have to stay one month at one place, then move. Paradise Palms is very close to 429, its also clean and new. Other close communities are Indian Creek, Windsor Palms, Windsor Hills. To stay under $1800 you will probably have to get a condo.

The only sites I know of that let you search by community (once you get to the Kissimmee rentals) are Homeaway and Trip Advisor. The other sites like VRBO lump all Kissimmee area homes together and you have to search through them yourself.

I am reading this eagerly as I am considering relocation to Orlando however I need to be closer to the UCF area. I want to rent or do a long term vacation rental until I make a permanent decision. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

I am reading this eagerly as I am considering relocation to Orlando however I need to be closer to the UCF area. I want to rent or do a long term vacation rental until I make a permanent decision. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

If you find a place, it would be a good idea to view it before paying. I wish we would have done that...I would have smelled the mildew. We did find a place in Windsor Hills, and I went to see it before paying. Several years ago we stayed at Vista Cay. It was very nice, but I'm not sure if it the location you need. You can find rental listings online..google "Orlando vacation rentals"..some also have reviews. Some apartments offer leases that are less than 12 months. After my nightmare, I am very cautious.

Blue tree resort has a good long tween rental program, but it may be only for certain times of the year, and it may be too far from ucf. Kind of a no frills resort, but its clean and has requisite pools, grills, etc.

Following this thread for two reason thinking of buying a place in Orlando and long long term rentals (DBF already does own and manage real estate in NYC and Boca Raton, Fl) and because I am a seasonal CM and next year think long term rentals would end up cheaper than what I currently do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter