• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Locking Luggage?

LoveStitch

Mouseketeer
If we're NOT flying, but are just driving to the terminal, can we put a lock on our luggage? Or is it like the airlines, where they'll want to be able to go through the luggage if necessary?

There is a cheap and easy solution to this problem...just use zip-ties to "lock" your luggage compartments that you feel the need to. That way the security folks can get in if needed, while the casual bored teenager will usually just move on. It's what I did last month and worked like a charm. Be sure to have something on you that you can use to cut the ties.

These are what I use all the time when traveling. Have never had a problem, and I know instantly when someone has opened my luggage (TSA, Port, etc.)

http://www.magellans.com/store/Luggage___Luggage_Accessories___Luggage_Locks___TagsSL742

I've been considering locks. These locks in the link that you posted. It was a little unclear but it appears you get two locks in the package for the $18 or so? Can you confirm?

We've got 7 people travelling with two bags each and would need 14 locks. That's over $250 if I only get one lock at that price. Not sure it is worth it.

It says two locks per order. AND the price is a tiny bit less if you buy more than one!

I've been considering locks. These locks in the link that you posted. It was a little unclear but it appears you get two locks in the package for the $18 or so? Can you confirm?

We've got 7 people travelling with two bags each and would need 14 locks. That's over $250 if I only get one lock at that price. Not sure it is worth it.

Yes, it's 2 locks per package. If you purchase more than 1 package, the price is the lower price quoted.

I love them, because if TSA opens my bag, they usually leave the little piece of paper, and the security "window" shows red instead of green. No paper, I look through everything before leaving the airport just to make certain nothing gets ripped off (although anything valuable is in my carryon anyway).

I use them also in hotels that have teeny tiny little safes. I can put valuables also in my luggage, and put the lock right back on. It's not fool-proof, nothing is, but I've never had a bit of trouble.

We also use zip ties to "lock" our luggage. I just tuck a set of nail clippers into one of the outer pockets of the bag... works great.. TSA can cut them off easily..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter