Locked out of Poly for honeymoon - what to do??

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by isabelle315, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Zeppelin

Zeppelin DIS Veteran

its funny you say this....we are a Contemporary Resort family- have stayed there near a dozen times...i've always wanted to at least try the Poly despite the objections of my wife and daughter....recently someone at my club who stayed at the Poly had basically the same criticisms you posted...hence we are once again going back to the CR next month...

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. aaarcher86

aaarcher86 DIS Veteran

I-O!!! lol

We're actually right by that - right where Reynoldsburg/Pataskala/Blacklick/Gahanna all meet together! Small world!

4. prune1977

prune1977 DIS Veteran

Well, so far we've stayed at WL, AKL savannah view and Poly (where we thought would be our dream resort) Guess what this is the order of our favorites.
    1. WL by a lot the boat ride to Mk was so nice & pretty short, bus ride to there was short as well.
    2. Poly
    3.AKL resort just seemed to be spread out way too much for my liking.

5. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

We've stayed at both WL and AKL and IMO, you can't go wrong with either one. WL is great as it's convenient to MK via boat and the bus transportation (in our experience) has always been great. Plus you can take the boat to the CR where you can hop on the monorail to go to the Poly.

AKL is also a great resort. I wouldn't worry too much about the transportation. Even though AKL is out away from everything, we didn't find the buses to be bad at all. It didn't take more than about 5 extra minutes to get to the parks compared to other resorts. Since the buses only go to AKL and Kidani, there's no sharing with any other resort(s).

We've had great stays at both resorts and wouldn't hesitate to stay at either one again. I would choose the one that appeals to you the most and then keep checking to see if something opens up at the Poly. Good luck :).

6. jcjen519

jcjen519 DIS Veteran

sorry to hear that you cant get the resort you wanted. i hope that you will get it if you keep calling. if not though, all the resorts are special. we have stayed at and enjoyed in addition to the Polynesian...cr, blt, bc, bc villas, boardwalk, akl, akl villas both kidani and jambo house and okw. gf seems like a great fit with a 5 year old girl.

sounds like that discount is booking up quick! i would book what i wanted from whats available and then keep trying to get the Polynesian. i am sure you will have a great time regardless of where you stay.

7. Pea-n-Me

Pea-n-Me DIS Veteran

WWID? I'd keep trying, of course, and keep my fingers crossed, but if not, I would consider WL Concierge. :goodvibes

8. Dreamsdocometrue9112

Dreamsdocometrue9112 "hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here'

I would do WL! It's a boat ride from MK and so cozy and romantic (especially in October!). To get to poly is fairly easy...hop on the boat to MK and hop on the monorail or other boat! I'm not sure if there is a boat that goes to all 4 resorts, someone will need to verify but I think there might be!

9. SanChan

SanChan Earning My Ears

Congratulations:)

10. isabelle315

isabelle315 Earning My Ears

Went ahead and booked at WL - sounds like we will love it there, too! Aside from easy monorail access, I don't think we'll be disappointed at all if we end up staying there.

Thanks again, everyone - you are all so very helpful!!! :hug:

I'm not sure which I'm more excited for - the wedding or the disneymoon!!! :yay:

11. mickeynut1

mickeynut1 DIS Veteran

You won't regret it. The WL is beautiful and romantic, IMO, and is a great place for a honeymoon :goodvibes.

12. heidijanesmith

heidijanesmith DIS Veteran

I see you picked WL. I have never stayed at WL, but ate at Whispering Canyon as part of a tour. WL is a beautiful resort, hope you love it!

13. goofy4prez

goofy4prez A guy can love Disney and still keep his man card!

You are going to absolutely love the WL. It is my favorite resort and am going to be there for my upcoming trip the end of November-beginning of December. The boat ride to the MK is so relaxing and convenient, there is a quick boat ride to the CR and access to the monorail, and the theming of the resort is awesome. Your breath will be taken the first time you walk into the lobby. Congrats on the upcoming wedding and the Disneymoon at the WL.:thumbsup2

14. Princess Disney Mom

Princess Disney Mom DIS Veteran

Have you considered the SOG? It's right near the poly so you could easily eat there and the rooms are very large. You should get a good price too.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards