Lock you cart trailer ...

MrKTI

Mouseketeer
Speaking of golf cart stuff ... our trailer was stolen from the overflow lot about a week ago.

I almost always lock it, but must not have this time. Probably thought "who would steal a trailer from Disney property". Doh .....

Right next to where mine was, there where two more trailers not locked. I suggested to the security guy he contact them them have them secure them.

Not Disney's fault, although they were very sorry and helpful.

We rented a trailer to get our cart back to Polk City, so things worked out.

Just a word of advice to you folks that take your carts to FW. I am sure most of you lock yours, but I would consider a cabel thru the wheel (what we normally do).

John

Definately some theft going on.. Our clothes were stolen from our pop-up door step. Like 300$ worth of new clothes! Who would think - someone steal our clothes- no way. Wrong!
Sorry for your mishap.
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:

Sorry about the loss. Hope it was insured.

We keep our trailer hooked up to our RV and locked. I have always been cautious about our trailers especially the light ones that you can easily lift by the tongue and push around. Too easy to drop it on a ball hitch and go. I bet it took the thief who got yours less than a minute to steal it.

I wonder if someone might have gotten yours by mistake???Did you check to see if any were "left" by checked out campers????

Thanks for the tip. We just got a trailer for our cart because I am leery of putting the cart on the truck bed for long trips. I will definitely take your advice. Hope everything turns out better for you.

AuburnJen92 said:
Thanks for the tip. We just got a trailer for our cart because I am leery of putting the cart on the truck bed for long trips. I will definitely take your advice. Hope everything turns out better for you.

Oh my god!!

Thanks for the tip, sorry for your trailer and for the clothes too!

mum4jenn said:
I wonder if someone might have gotten yours by mistake???Did you check to see if any were "left" by checked out campers????

This was suggested by security. In fact the trailer sitting next to where ours was, looked kinda' like ours. They checked, and the owners were still there. They said it might show up, but not likely.

They are working on the landscaping around the overflow lot, and we wondered if one of the workers spotted ours and passed on the find to an accomplice ... or maybe they just cruise thru and check.

On this trailer, you can lock the hitch, but all you need is a socket to unscrew the ball clamp bolt and away you go. That's why we use a cable thru the wheel .... well sometimes ...

John

We have had our water hose, clothes line and dog leashes taken. When i contacted the front desk they sent someone out. I was told that they weren't 'stolen' but that someone must have 'borrowed' them :confused3

Anyway, disney gave us new stuff from the camp store.

WOW we are still on the road. we just left fort wilderness today I had all my stuff outside and nothing got touched I guess I trust people to much

Well , i have been camping at the fort for 10 years so i think my 1 incident in 10 years is good. I leave stuff outside as well, including the bikes, rollar blades and scooters. We also spend holidays there and have never had our decorations touched.

I think the disney personnel were funny, they were offended when i suggested someone 'stole' it. All i know is whoever 'borrowed' it never returned the goods.

We're headed out next weekend and I've been thinking about this topic already! We haven't camped alot and I hope this doesn't happen to us. I was wondering though, what do I need to do to the golf cart? Should I bring a chain/lock with me and hook it to our camper?

All we did with our cart is take the key with us. Without that, it wouldn't go. If you don't have one, I wouldn't worry. Your cart should be different from the rest of them and (at least at the boat docks) there is a cast member close by. Hope this helps and enjoy your stay!

We have camped at the fort about 10 times, and have never had anything touched at our campsite, we do keep the bikes behing the camper. We actually have never "lost" anything at any campsites, maybe we are just fortunate, but I would hope that continues....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter