location on deck 9 for adults without kids

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the short summer cruise on the Fantasy. I can get a room on deck 9, 5A, without a connecting door, in all three locations (aft, midship, forward). The midship and forward rooms seem to be close to stairs. The aft room is the last 5A before the rooms become 4A.
We will not have any kids with us. We will eat breakfast and lunch at cabanas, use the adult pool and area, and have a rainforest pass at least one day. May not even get off in Nassau as we've been there twice. We were on the dream in 2016 so I have a vague idea about area; we were midship last time but I'm willing to try something else (in fact if we do another one I will want a room on rear of the ship; they are gone at this time on this trip).
Any suggestions or other reasons I should consider a specific area or does it not really matter?

I am looking at the short summer cruise on the Fantasy. I can get a room on deck 9, 5A, without a connecting door, in all three locations (aft, midship, forward). The midship and forward rooms seem to be close to stairs. The aft room is the last 5A before the rooms become 4A.
We will not have any kids with us. We will eat breakfast and lunch at cabanas, use the adult pool and area, and have a rainforest pass at least one day. May not even get off in Nassau as we've been there twice. We were on the dream in 2016 so I have a vague idea about area; we were midship last time but I'm willing to try something else (in fact if we do another one I will want a room on rear of the ship; they are gone at this time on this trip).
Any suggestions or other reasons I should consider a specific area or does it not really matter?
I would do aft as I like to wake up, go straight up to deck 11 for coffee, then take it up to Satellite Falls to wake up to beautiful scenery.

I do not like to be anywhere between the forward elevators and the aft elevators. I prefer to be on the 'dead end' of hallways. Simply for noise control. I dislike kids (and sometimes adults) running up and down the hallways to get to the next midship detective agency portal.

That said, where do you think you might enjoy the aft room the most. You have all the dining in close proximity, all the lounges and clubs and adult spaces after dark. The front of the ship only offers you the adult pool and spa area (based on your list of things you have planned). I will warn you the walk from midship elevators to the aft is walls and walls of staterooms. After a week you'll be tired of it. So if you can, walk the length of the ship on one of the non-stateroom decks!

If you are ambulatory, it shouldn't matter too much as the ships aren't all that large and are relatively easy to maneuver.

We prefer to be right under the quiet cove area when we cruise without kids. So convenient.

This is the one to get back on schedule after the 11 night southern carribean
Ah thanks! I did not remember that the southern schedule altered the schedule!

We did 3 nights last year on the Fantasy as part of a Back to Back.

We like 9512. It's 7a with obstructed veranda, but the obstruction doesn't affect the view. The obstruction is just slightly on the upper left corner. We like it because it's forward and we use the gym, spa, and quiet cove a lot on adult only cruises. We don't mind the walk to the other end for food, but appreciate being able to quickly get to our rooms after swimming or being sweaty.

Well of the staterooms open I booked 9148....right up the stairs to Cabanas. I won't mind the walk down to the adult areas when we want to swim or chill out. Good way to try out if I really like aft! I did have to call DCL (17 minutes hold) because they didn't recognize my name for CC # and I had to call and add it. Second dining and I added my bday...she said "Oh, actual birthday". I'll be at CC on my birthday, hurray!

we've stayed 9 forward three times now and really like it. Easy walk up two flights and you are on the pool deck coming out in the adult area, and senses is right there too [rainforest room for us]. easy walk from there to sodas and food. and everywhere else on ship is easy to get to to by elevator or stairs. being forward the forward elevators are not as crazy busy as the midship ones are.

We love the aft staterooms, because they have the extended decks. As mentioned, it's cconvenient to Cabanas, but it is a bit inconvenient fue a coffee drinker like me who goes to the Cove Cafe for his morning coffee. But to me, the advantage of the larger deck outweighs that minor inconvenience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter