locals at BB/TL on an October Saturday?

disneynewbeemom

DIS Veteran
Will locals be coming to BB/TL on October Saturdays? I know that Saturdays are usually busy for the water parks throughout the summer, but I wasn't sure about how busy they stay in October?

We were just at Blizzard Beach yesterday (9/30). It did SEEM crowded but it didn't affect our day. We have 3 children 10, 8 and 5. We never did summit plummet which had the longest wait of 15-30 minutes. Everything else was virtually 5 minutes or less. The lunch place was not crowded and there were plenty of chairs everywhere. The love bugs were the worst that I had seen all week.

To get to your locals question, when we left there were charter busses lined the length of the Disney busses. They were high school charter busses ( I think I read Columbus High). I never really noticed them in the park but there must have been 10 of those busses waiting to take them back.

This is a great park and we enjoyed it thoroughly!

Hi, I just listened to the WDW Today podcast the other day and it was about waterparks. There they said that over the summer they actually found out that the water parks are most crowded on Thursdays and least crowded on Saturdays and Sundays. I do not knwo wether this is also true for October, but it seems that the people staying at the resorts hava a bigger influence on crowd levels at the water parks than locals...

Also be aware that Disney usually closes one of the water parks near the end of October for refurbishment. In the past they have closed BB, so then all of the crowds go over to TL.

You might want to check the refurbishment schedule for the parks....

Duane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter