Lobster?

jms531

Mouseketeer
What is the best place to get lobster in the World? I only have 1 TS to spare and I'm not even sure if any 1 credit places serve lobster??:confused3

TIA:flower3:

out of luck. The few places that serve lobster; Fulton's, Bongos, Blue Zoo, Blue Bayou and Narcossee; are not on the dining plan or are two credits. This with lobster being incredibly cheap in Maine this year. Whole lobster costs about as much as bologna.

I'm from Maine. Don't waste your dining credits looking for Maine lobster on ANY menu in WDW. They are cheap up here right now. You're best bet is to order some from our local places here and have it shipped to you to enjoy before you go!

Have fun!!

:banana:

Thanks everyone:) Looks like I'll have to figure something else out to fill the only hole in my overscheduled dining itinerary:laughing:

This is because lobster is a victim of the Basic Disney Dining Plan!

Unfortunately, many people on the DDP, whether they pay for it directly or paying a higher rate for their room and getting "free" dining, look to the highest price items on the menu. This is based either on the attitude of "I paid for it and can get whatever I want" or "as long as it's free, let's get the best items".

For example, at Le Cellier where is a $22.50 difference in price between the lowest price adult lunch entree and the highest price dinner entree. Each restaturant receives a fixed dollar amount credit for each meal sold under DDP. Each restaurant has to make a profit.

As food costs go up it takes more money to operate a restaurant.

So as things progress more and more of the higher end cost items will vanish.

The signature restaurants do not have so much of a problem as they get paid double the regular restaurants.

If they ever do away with the Basic DDP within about six months you will find a lot more high end selections at all the restaurants.

Years ago when we ate at Fultons the chef said they fly freash lobster in from Maine daily. At least you know it's fresh Maine lobster all be it expensive!

It use to be on the menu at Captain Jacks. That was last September prior to the dining plan changes. I noticed it's not even on their menu now. Sorry.

What is the best place to get lobster in the World? I only have 1 TS to spare and I'm not even sure if any 1 credit places serve lobster??:confused3

TIA:flower3:

Don't even bother with the high WDW prices for lobster.

Instead, travel over to International Drive to the Boston Lobster Feast for AYCE lobster and a large variety of other seafood.

See the following for info on their other 2 locations in addition to the I-Drive location:

www.bostonlobsterfeast.com

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Shula's has Main and Australian Lobster...

I cant tell you anything about Australian, but I know that South African are very tender!

Maine is good, but its a bit chewier...which I also like!

We used to own some restaurants, so I have had my share of lobster. I still enjoy it, but I sort of ruined it by eating so much!!! haha

If you are on the dining plan, the only DDP restaurant that serves a lobster entree is Narcoosees, which costs 2 credits. No 1 credit restaurant currently serves a lobster entree.

Find a second credit Narcoossee's lobster, service and atmosphere really is a treat. It would be well worth it to drop something else, get your lobster and treat yourself to just a really nice meal on vacation.

I'm from Maine. Don't waste your dining credits looking for Maine lobster on ANY menu in WDW. They are cheap up here right now. You're best bet is to order some from our local places here and have it shipped to you to enjoy before you go!

Have fun!!

For 2 credits (@$50/pp) you can get lobster that someone has cooked for you at Narcoosee's and where they will do all the clean up and wait on you or...

for about $200 including the shipping you can order 2 Live New England Lobsters with all the fixings and have them shipped to you (Live animals are expensive to ship) - add $50 for each additional lobster - oh and you have to do all the cooking and clean up.

I think Narcoosee's might be the better deal.

For 2 credits (@$50/pp) you can get lobster that someone has cooked for you at Narcoosee's and where they will do all the clean up and wait on you or...

for about $200 including the shipping you can order 2 Live New England Lobsters with all the fixings and have them shipped to you (Live animals are expensive to ship) - add $50 for each additional lobster - oh and you have to do all the cooking and clean up.

I think Narcoosee's might be the better deal.

How big are the lobsters at Narcoosee's? We had been to Cap't Jacks 3 times and althought the twin lobsters were tasty they were small, maybe 4 bites each, and now they are not even on the menu.

Have fun!!

Hmmm....who would I contact to ship me cheap lobster? This is a great idea!

I have never done this but it does appear from other threads that people (meaning people on the plan together) share meals while on the dining plan. If you and your partner shared a main dish - the whole lobster or surf and turf plus ordered a couple of appetizers you might just be able swing narcoossee with out dropping any other reservations. Anyone have any experience trying this?

Have fun!!

second that, they're probably not real "Maine" lobster anyway, just the species generally known as Maine lobster, caught on the east coast somewhere?? or in the Canadian Maritime. Not to be picky but the cold water of the gulf of Maine make the difference in a good lobster and a great lobster IMHO

and don't bother with that Boston Lobster Fest on rte 192. YucK!!!! They overcook the lobsters, and they're tough and rubbery. They may be cheaper, but they're awful. I highly recommend Narcoosee's; or have them shipped from Legal Seafood in Boston, MA. Ymmmmmm.

I second the idea of sharing the whole lobster (between two already on the DDP). Order a couple of appetizers along with it and it more than enough, especially since you get dessert. The almond cheesecake there is to die for!

I had the whole lobster, and it really was a very large one and full of meat. We also ordered a couple of appetizers, along with with another entre (surf & turf) and ended up taking the desserts home.

So you definitely could share, if having appetizers and the dessert. The surf and turf lobster tail was not nearly as good as the whole lobster.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter