Lobster & Clothing Steamer??

The Chief

Earning My Ears
OK, I've got your attention now. :D

1) Is Lobster served in any restaurant other than Palo's for the 7 night Eastern?

2) Are clothing steamers allowed in the staterooms since we can't have Irons?

Thanks for your help. ;)

The Chief

8/24/02

Hey Chief! We'll be down your way next week for a day at Magic Mountain!!
There's a great hotel right off the 5 in Santa Clarita, right next to MM.

Anyway...

Lobster is served in the dining rooms on thursday night on the eastern cruise... and in my ever-so-humble opinion, it's better than what they serve at Palo's.

Sorry, I don't know about the steamers... It would be nice though, in case you wanted to reheat your lobster leftovers!! ;)

'Beano'

Hey Chief!!

Lobster is served in the main dining rooms, with the luxury of your head server taking it out of the shells for you. You can even have seconds if desired.

As far as the steamer, I am guessing you are talking about for your clothes? I'm not sure about that, but for your convienence, there are irons available in the laundry room. Don't go right before dinner time as it is busy. Or another suggestion that I have seen on these boards is Downy wrinkle releaser. I know I'm going to take a bottle and stick it in my over-the-door hanging bag.

Looks like we will be sailing together !! Hope you are getting as excited as we are!!:earsgirl:

I have a ?
DM asked if we are taking our steam iron. I told her from what I understand no iron's in stateroom. For saftey reason, She understood. But then she asked if no steam iron or iron's in the room what about my curling iron for my hair. I said that it was ok. But then her reply was that it that culing iron gets just as hot as the steam iron so what was the differance. I said I was not sure. So what i guess I need to know is it ok for me to use the curling iron.

Thanks for all the info!

Good point about the curling iron. Anyone know if they are OK??

BeanoC,
Have fun at M.M., but if possible, avoid Saturday. Way too crowded. If you have any other questions send a P.M. my way.

The Chief

We brought a "wonder steamer" each of the 3 cruises we took. They have no heating element in them. We used it and just put it away up in the cupboard above the t.v. and we never had any problems using it. It is the type that needs a little salt and water so I packed it all in a ziplock bag. The salt we brought in a small tupperware container and used the small measuring cup that you measure the water with and plugged it in on the desk and used the bed to iron on it or hung something and steamed the wrinkles out. Also used the wrinkle spray that works really well too.

Had curling irons on both previous cruises. I'm guessing those are ok because people tend to use them in the bathroom rather than laying them on upholstered items.

Deb

Back to The Chief's question #1-- we had grilled lobster tails for lunch at the adult beach at Castaway Cay when we sailed on the 7-day Eastern. I don't think they ALWAYS have them there, but it's worth checking, because they were really GREAT!

From the DCL website:

Is there laundry service?
Laundry services are available at your Walt Disney World hotel and we suggest you take advantage of them if you have a lot of laundry to do during your stay. On board, laundry and dry-cleaning services (with stateroom pickup) are available for a charge. There is also a self-service Guest Laundry Room with coin-operated washers, dryers, detergent, and ironing equipment.
For safety reasons, irons or steamers may be used in the laundry room only.

Windemere,
Thanks for that Post. I hadn't noticed that before. I guess we'll be using the wrinkle spray.

The Chief

Heck, hang you clothes on the back of the door whenever you shower. The steam there will help. then use the wrinkle releaser if you still need to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter