Lobster Bisque - Chef de France

TXMomof3boys

Mouseketeer
Just read Mickey Nicki's review of Chef de France and she took pics of the menu. I did not know that Lobster bisque was an option on the price fixe menu. I was wondering if anyone has tried it? Is it good compared to others you have had? DH and I LOVE lobster bisque so we are curious how it is. Thanks!

I had it in April and it was okay. It is much better at Yachtsmen Steakhouse or Fultons Crabhouse.

DD gets it every time we go. It's almost a puree. It's tasty enough, but I personally prefer the onion soup, which I'll put up against most anyones, anywhere.

CDF's lobster bisque is not a cream-based soup. They use water instead. It is not thick but rather very viscous -- I agree with the PP -- Yachtsman's is much better.

I really like their french onion so their lobster bisque would have to get rave reviews to get me to switch. I do like a goo bisque though!

I'm going from memory here ... because our table everyone had either the lobster bisque (did not care for this -- Coral Reef and Grand Floridian Cafe both do it better) or the french onion (3 of us had that & we loved it. But I do believe there was also a salad available on the appetizer section; in the entrees the choices were salmon, beef short ribs, macaroni & cheese (not your usual mac & cheese -- this was wonderful) and chicken. The desserts had the profiteroles (highly, highly reccomend this dessert...it is outstanding. I think that was in Mickey Nicki's review also. ) There is also a creme brulee (good, but not as good as the profiteroles) and I think there was another one on there- maybe a homemade sorbet - but not sure.

Can anyone tell me what is on the French set menu for dinner besides the 2 soups?

The menu set in question was for lunch. Not sure if they have one for dinner.

The choices for lunch entrees were Croque Monsieur (a French grilled ham and cheese sandwich), a quiche, or mac and cheese. And someone already mentioned the dessert options of creme brulée or profiteroles (chocolate sauce on cream puffs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter