• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LMM Plays Tour Guide - Spring Break at the World

Soo... we did Mickey's Philharmagic. I knew Max would like this one. He loves Donald. Quote Max: "Donald's my boy - he don't take no [stish] from nobody!" And he loves the music from Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King.

Then, we went on it's a small world. I was expecting complaints from Max, but there were actually none! He was in a good mood and up for anything.

DSC_1112 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1113 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1114 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1115 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1116 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1117 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1120 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1121 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1122 by vshingl, on Flickr

Funny story about the last room. Marcia asked what it was, and I was explaining to her that it was everyone together. Max goes, really loudly, "WE'RE IN AMERICA!" And Marcia was mortified because we were sitting behind a Japanese family. But, I mean, he had a valid point - it's a diverse nation.

DSC_1124 by vshingl, on Flickr

I got us FPs for Splash Mountain, and decided that Max and I needed to take some good castle pictures before we got all wet. So we headed to the Castle, and of course, the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It party was going on. Drat!

DSC_1131 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1132 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1134 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1135 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1136 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1137 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1138 by vshingl, on Flickr

I've always wanted this picture...

DSC_1140 by vshingl, on Flickr

Then it was lunch time. We ate at Pecos Bill Cafe.

After that, Splash Mountain! Marcia sat this one out.

DSC_1141 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1143 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1145 by vshingl, on Flickr

We got pretty wet. I wasn't happy. I know - it's Splash Mountain, expect to get wet. But normally we get seated in the back, which is relatively dry. The wettest part of me was my butt because there wasn't anyone sitting in my seat before me, so it was wet when I sat down.

Great TR and pics ... can't wait for to hear more .... still have 6 months to go before our family trip ... so this is a nice distraction until we leave!

Hello Victoria (from another Victoria)! :laughing: I'm loving your TR so far, and am working my way through a couple of your more recent TRs as well. I've really enjoyed everything so far -- thanks so much for sharing!

Love you and Max in your pirate hats, BTW. pirate:

Yay! More readers!

We had more FPs for Splash Mountain, but when we went, they were experiencing technical difficulties. We gave our FPs away and went to watch the parade.

DSC_1156 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1160 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1161 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1162 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1163 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1164 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1165 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1166 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1167 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1168 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1169 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1170 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1171 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1172 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1173 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1174 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1175 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1176 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1177 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1178 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1179 by vshingl, on Flickr

Then we decided to sit down and watch the castle show... and Max got his popcorn. Another item to cross off his list of Disney treats.

DSC_1196 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1197 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1199 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1200 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1202 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1201 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1204 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1208 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1211 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1217 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1218 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1219 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1196 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1222 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1224 by vshingl, on Flickr

We had an hour or so to kill before our dinner ADR, so we headed back to Tomorrowland. I took them to Laugh Floor. Max thought the "This Guy" joke was funny (I have to agree - that's my favorite).

When the monster said that he could read minds and that this lady was saying, "Please don't pick me, please don't pick me," he was absolutely correct! He picked on Marcia who is really shy. Max, of course, thought it was hilarious that his mother was chosen.

DSC_1226 by vshingl, on Flickr

He kept leaning over to me, "Look at my triceps!" and flexing for the screen! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

DSC_1227 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1228 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1228 by vshingl, on Flickr

He made her make antennas. Marcia didn't exactly appreciate the attention, but Max ate it up.

Of course we had to do the People Mover...

DSC_1231 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1233 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1234 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1236 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1238 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1239 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1240 by vshingl, on Flickr

And then we went on Buzz Lightyear

DSC_1241 by vshingl, on Flickr

I had to push some little kids out of the way to get this picture... (just kidding)

DSC_1242 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1243 by vshingl, on Flickr

After that, it was time to leave for dinner at the Contemporary.

DSC_1245 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1246 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1247 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1248 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1249 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1250 by vshingl, on Flickr

We were prepared to take the boat, knowing that the monorail had special hours (it wasn't scheduled to open until 6:00 that day, and it was round 5:00), but it was up and running.

DSC_1252 by vshingl, on Flickr

I booked the Wave because I had been curious about it, and the entrance and lobby looked amazing from pictures (yes, I will choose to eat at a restaurant because of the architecture). Of course, I hadn't really kept in mind Chicken Fingers Max when overlooking the menu. He wrinkled his nose at it because nothing met his kid-taste palette. Again, we offered to leave. There were other restaurants at the resort we could eat at. But no - Max and I both ordered the flat iron steak. Marcia ordered a salad (I can't remember whether or not I've mentioned that Marcia is a vegetarian). There was something wrong with the salad, and she had him take it back. Max and I both enjoyed our food (See, Max? It's okay to try new things!). The atmosphere was cool, but it's not at the top of my list of places to return to.

DSC_1253 by vshingl, on Flickr

Max really liked the Contemporary, though. Before going to Disney, Max and I watched Undiscovered Disney Parks on Netflix, so we learned all about the construction of the Contemporary - how the rooms were pre-assembled, then slid into the structure. As a civil engineering student, Max found that fascinating. He said that he'd definitely like to stay there some day.

After dinner, Marcia got off the monorail at the Transportation and Ticket Center and went back to the resort, while Max and I headed back to Magic Kingdom.

DSC_1254 by vshingl, on Flickr

We didn't have a lot of time before it was time to line up for fireworks. Max had spotted the Astro Orbiter and really wanted to do that, so we waited in line.

DSC_1255 by vshingl, on Flickr

We barely fit in the Space Ship together. Max is a big dude, so once he squeezed in, there was hardly any room for me (good thing I'm pixie-size)! We were in there really snug - add this to the list of rides not meant to accommodate the big and tall.

It was over an hour before the Electrical Parade was to start, and we were surprised to find that it was already pretty packed. Thank goodness, there were only two of us, so it was easy to find a spot. With just two people, one being significantly bigger than the other, it's also easy to save a seat. So I left Max on the curb and went to get us ice cream. But the ice cream parlor was closed, and they were only selling frozen treats. Max wasn't interested in any of those, but I knew he wanted a turkey leg (he had been wanting one all week), so I trekked it to Frontierland, stood in a ridiculously long line for a turkey leg, then fought the crowds back to our spot on Main Street.

Max's first turkey leg!

DSC_1258 by vshingl, on Flickr

And I am unfortunately focusing on the little girl in the background. Drat.

It was a lot bigger than he thought it was (which is funny because I've always thought those things were huge). He had been telling me before that it was just a snack, but after getting one, he decided that this could definitely be a meal. I'm glad we got his turkey leg without Marcia there because she would not have enjoyed watching us eat that. It's pretty disgusting to eat, but I'll admit it's really good. Rather expensive, though...

Now, when you're sitting on a curb for over an hour, you get to know your curb neighbors. We were sandwiched between two families with small children. The family neighboring me had been saving a spot using their stroller - the kids were meeting Mickey Mouse at Exhibition Hall. Well, when the kids came back, they had no interest in sitting in the stroller. So their dad parked the stroller (of course when he started to move the stroller, the kids wanted it back. As Max says, kids suddenly become interested in things when they are being taken away) and offered the little kids behind them to move up into the spot. How sweet.

Except those were the RUDEST, MOST OBNOXIOUS CHILDREN EVER!!!

Seriously. The little boy was ridiculous. He had his light sword and was pretending to direct music with it until he hit Max and became embarassed and stopped... for a minute or two. During the parade, he would run into the street. Why are these kids obnoxious? Because their parents are obnoxious. His mother insisted on sitting in the kids' place on the curb during the middle of the parade and had her son stand practically on top of me. She then realized that the little girl was behind her, so instead of offering the girl her spot, she pulled her OVER MY HEAD onto the street IN FRONT OF ME. And the little boy and girl literally sat in the street in front of me and Max. Snow White danced by and told them that they needed to move, but she was difficult to understand. Thankfully, parade patrol spotted them and told them they had to move. Of course, these two kids were directly in front of Max and me, so they thought they were ours. And I wanted to say, "Heck no, these obnoxious kids have no relation to me - please take them away." The parents weren't very obediant, but then Dad, who was standing behind them, told them they had to go... so they left. THANK GOODNESS!!!

Seriously... this was the day that I noticed bratty children all over. I'm beginning to worry about the future of our society. Parents are raising their children to believe that the world revolves around them. Hopefully this type of behavior just occurs more often at Disney World and not on an everyday basis at home.

DSC_1259 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1269 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1274 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1275 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1282 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1286 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1293 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1298 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1301 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1305 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1312 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1324 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1327 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1334 by vshingl, on Flickr

Here comes Snow White to tell the obnoxious children to go away...

DSC_1335 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1337 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1339 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1340 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1401 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1411 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1416 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1420 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1429 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1430 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1445 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1464 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1469 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1482 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1486 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1492 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1502 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1508 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1512 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1515 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1520 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1525 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1528 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1534 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1535 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_1539 by vshingl, on Flickr

Now brace yourselves, guys - it's finale time!

DSC_1541 by vshingl, on Flickr

We had about an hour until park closing. We rode Buzz Lightyear again, then used our Space Mountain FPs, then Buzz Lightyear again.

See... I found some magical thing to shoot and get an awesome score on Buzz Lightyear. Then we had to ride it again to see if we could beat our scores from the previous game. We were doing pretty awesome.

My first random high score:

DSC_1545 by vshingl, on Flickr

And Max's (yeah, I beat him... no big deal... :whistling:):

DSC_1550 by vshingl, on Flickr

My second time:

DSC_1555 by vshingl, on Flickr

And his (drat, he always comes back the second round):

DSC_1557 by vshingl, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter