LMM Plays Tour Guide - Spring Break at the World

I attempted to take a few Soarin' photos (they say no flash photography!)...

Soarin' by vshingl, on Flickr

My favorite...

Max's favorite scene is the orange grove because he loves the smell of oranges.

Since Marcia didn't ride again, we let Jim use her FP to ride again since he loved it so much.

In the meantime, we caught up with Max's mom (it was very confusing because her phone was dead, so Jim gave her his, and she said she was outside of the ride to the right... so we thought she was in The Land Pavilion, but outside of Soarin'.... nope, she was outside of The Land, exactly where we left her).

She came inside, and then we debated on what to do for lunch. She was telling us that she saw a place where we could get lunch (sounded like Electric Umbrella), but I suggested that we just get lunch here. Then dinner came up, and I reminded them about the reservation I had made for Biergarten in Germany because Jim loves German food. However, Max was starting to get uncomfortable about that because he isn't a big fan of German food. I wasn't sure about Marcia, since she's a vegetarian, but she said she was willing to eat anywhere because she hasn't been to any of these places before. Max wanted reservations for someplace else, so I pulled out my handy dandy Mobile Magic App (love this thing) and searched for dinner reservations. Coral Reef popped up with availability, and before I could check for anything else, Max is hooked. "That looks AWESOME! Let's eat there." I told them it was kinda pricey, but they didn't mind. So I made a 5:00 reservation for Coral Reef.

Finally, we got lunch at Sunshine Seasons.

I got the kids' Mac & Cheese. As I was checking out, the lady behind me in line gripes, "I hate it when adults get kids' meals. It p*sses me off!"

:huh: What exactly did I do to you? And why are you judging me? For all you know, I could be buying this meal for a child. And what does it matter if this is for me? It's what I want to eat... and look at me... it's all I can eat. I'm not being a cheapskate, I'm just buying what I want. If I wanted a big meal, I would buy that.

But, as someone who would rather ignore strangers than start a debate, I just stayed quiet (this is just the beginning of the count of people who I not-so-secretly wish I would have told off).

We had our meal, and Marcia was starting to freak out that we lost Jim and that she shouldn't have taken his cell phone. So Max went and waited by the Soarin' exit, and I guarded the table... we didn't lose Jim. He just hadn't come off of the ride, yet.

:wave: Hi, I'm joining in and looking forward to hearing about your trip. When I saw the first picture of you I thought to myself "hey, I know her". Well, not really ;) but I did read one of your other trip reports and I reconigized you from that.

LOVE THIS TR!!!

And let me just say...you are a GREAT person..I do not have patience for people's stupidity..and my DH always says I should take the high road!!! :duck:

LOVE YOUR PICS!!

Can't wait to read more!!

:wave: Hi, I'm joining in and looking forward to hearing about your trip. When I saw the first picture of you I thought to myself "hey, I know her". Well, not really ;) but I did read one of your other trip reports and I reconigized you from that.

Yes! I did a TR on our 4th of July at the Grand Floridian last summer! :)

LOVE THIS TR!!!

And let me just say...you are a GREAT person..I do not have patience for people's stupidity..and my DH always says I should take the high road!!! :duck:

LOVE YOUR PICS!!

Can't wait to read more!!

Thank you, thank you! :)

I'm loving my Nikon 1 - I think my pictures turned out pretty good for just getting acquainted with a new camera. Now I'm wishing I would've taken more pictures! :rotfl2:

After lunch, we did Living with the Land.

Living with the Land by vshingl, on Flickr

After the Land, I took them over to the Imagination Pavilion to ride Journey Into Imagination with Figment.

DSC_0408 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0412 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0413 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0409 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0411 by vshingl, on Flickr

They weren't the biggest Figment fans. I tried to explain who Figment was and how much better the ride used to be... but I'm afraid newcomers just don't get it. I'm afraid that if things don't turn around, Figment's days are numbered.

The Imagination Pavilion is just in poor shape... very sad. It needs a new sponsor!

DSC_0414 by vshingl, on Flickr

Next up was The Seas with Nemo. Marcia loved the clamshell vehicles.

After the ride, I noticed it was near 2, and I had originally hoped to be in World Showcase by lunch (which of course was thrown off with our early lunch). And our new dinner reservation in Future World also added more transportation time. So, I suggested that we come back and explore The Seas more after our dinner there.

DSC_0415 by vshingl, on Flickr

There was a construction wall up, but I couldn't recall what they were doing there. I'm guessing just a face lift?

DSC_0420 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0421 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0423 by vshingl, on Flickr

Normally Max is rather camera shy, but he wanted me to take his picture everywhere on this trip! He tends to warm up to the camera when I'm around, but at Disney, he was totally embracing it.

Gran Fiesta Tour...

Gran Fiesta Tour by vshingl, on Flickr

This is the first time I had realized a problem we might have.

I was first in line, little baby me, so he asked how many, and I said four. So the CM assigned us one row. We go over there, and I line up on the number he tells us, but I guess just looking at the seat, Marcia and Jim realize we aren't all going to fit (they also don't really understand the line up on a number concept... we had trouble with that at Test Track because I guess they didn't realize how we were seated in the car... I think they thought it was three rows of 2, rather than two rows of 3), so they become confused on which row they are supposed to get on. So we let that boat go without us. But the CM doesn't understand and it's not something I could exactly yell out to him without completely embarassing us, "Hey - we aren't going to fit! We need two rows!" I always thought the CMs would be able to look at people and determine how many rows they need... I doubt this is the first time four people haven't been able to fit on one row. We hop on this boat. Marcia sits in the row with me and Max, and Jim hops to the row ahead of us and sits with a family of two. I believe Marcia was completely embarassed by the whole scenario.

I would also like to add that I think we could've all fit if Max's legs weren't so long. He had to sit with his legs spread because his knees couldn't go straight since the seats were so close together. I know there is a section on AllEars for "Oversized," but being pixie-size, I'd never paid much attention to it before. Now I wish I would've done some research.

World Showcase Lagoon by vshingl, on Flickr

Next, I'm sure you could've guessed, was Norway.

Norway Pavilion by vshingl, on Flickr

Jim stopped for Pretzels.

It was such a beautiful day!

Viking! by vshingl, on Flickr

Maelstrom by vshingl, on Flickr

Today was battle of the boat rides.

Once again, I was in front, so they assigned us one row. I thought - I seriously thought about just telling him we needed two rows. But they assigned us one. Once again, seating confusion. Marcia and Jim automatically split us into two rows, not realizing that they couldn't because we were only assigned one row. The people for the row Marcia and Jim got on were telling them it was there row. I wanted to just tell those people they could wait one more boat because we weren't going to fit, but it wasn't their fault.

So we tried it. We squeezed. And I mean squeezed! I was pretty much twisted sideways so that only the left side of my hip was on the seat so that we could have as much room as possible. Thankfully for this ride, there was enough leg room for Max.

After we squeezed in, Max goes, "Well none of us are falling out!!!" :rotfl2:

Vikings! by vshingl, on Flickr

After we watched a bit of the acrobats, we saw the 360-degree film, Reflections of China. Max thought it was really cool.

Marcia, however, is scared of flying. It makes her sick. It didn't occur to me that the flying scenes in a film that you watch while standing on ground could make her sick. Oops!!!

DSC_0481 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0484 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0480 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0482 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0485 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0486 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0487 by vshingl, on Flickr

Continuing our hat sequence...

DSC_0479 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0478 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0488 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0489 by vshingl, on Flickr

I liked the Haiti Pavilion for Flower & Garden Festival.

DSC_0490 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0491 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0492 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0493 by vshingl, on Flickr

Jim had to get pretzels in Germany, as well!

DSC_0494 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0499 by vshingl, on Flickr

This pose was Max's idea.

DSC_0496 by vshingl, on Flickr

Max's again.

DSC_0498 by vshingl, on Flickr

Mine! :laugh:

DSC_0497 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0500 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0504 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0502 by vshingl, on Flickr

It was getting close to our ADR time, so I decided it would be best to backtrack to Germany and take the boat back to Future World.

DSC_0542r by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0545 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0543 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0546 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0544 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0548 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0549 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0547 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0551 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0556 by vshingl, on Flickr

The gator clap - (he was a huge Florida Gator fan before he went to Clemson)

DSC_0554 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0557 by vshingl, on Flickr

Dinner time! Coral Reef Restaurant

DSC_0559 by vshingl, on Flickr

DSC_0560 by vshingl, on Flickr

546966_10151474968330013_569450012_23316795_1680817659_n.jpg

I requested to be seated along the aquarium, and while we weren't right beside it, we were on the lower level with a good view. I remember eating there with my family, when we were seated behind a wall with no view of the aquarium, my dad said no - we weren't sitting there, so they moved us right beside the aquarium (ohhh, Dad!). So when we were taken to our table, I briefly thought about requesting a change, but Max, Marcia, and Jim were all very happy with our location so I just kept my mouth shut.

DSC_0579 by vshingl, on Flickr

I wish someone had told me what a mess my hair was!

DSC_0591 by vshingl, on Flickr

I've heard terrible food reports from Coral Reef. It had been several years since I've eaten there. The food wasn't awful, but I didn't really think it was anything spectacular, either. The crab cake appetizer was also pathetic in size if you ask me. Max and Marcia, the Diet Coke connoisseurs gave Coral Reef high marks for their fountain Diet Coke. Thought it was the best all week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter