Lizards, ducks, and FUN! Our week at the Polynesian!*Updated 7/21* Page 10

Ok, you're in on mine and I'm in on yours! I can't wait to see if we were in the same park on the same day ever!

Hi Stacy,
Sounds like a great start to your trip. Can't wait to hear more!
BTW, this is the first TR that I have every subscribed to! I have read many TRs, but always was more of a lurker. Looking forward to reading the next installment.
Janet
:)

I can't wait!

Mrs. Spratt

Hi and thanks for joining in!:goodvibes

That tiger viewing area is awesome! So cool! Can't wait to hear about the Disney arrival. :banana:

Ben and I knocked on that glass until our knuckles hurt trying to get him to look down towards us. No luck though! It was my favorite part!

Ok, you're in on mine and I'm in on yours! I can't wait to see if we were in the same park on the same day ever!

Hi, I am glad you came on over!:cool1: It will be neat to see if our paths ever crossed!
Hi Stacy,
Sounds like a great start to your trip. Can't wait to hear more!
BTW, this is the first TR that I have every subscribed to! I have read many TRs, but always was more of a lurker. Looking forward to reading the next installment.
Janet
:)

:welcome: Janet! I am so glad you decided to join in. I know it took me forever to actually start to reply!!
There's more coming up!

Friday, June 19 part 2
So, when I left off we had picked up supplies at the local wally world and were finally headed for Disney. A short trip down the road and finally we saw this
IMG_0475.jpg

I got a little teary and the kids were ecstatic. Just a few minutes and turns later and we saw this sign
IMG_0476.jpg

I was so excited to finally be here and the resort was absolutely beautiful. We parked in self parking and went in to check in. I snapped a few pictures along the way.
IMG_2195.jpg

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0478-1.jpg

There was no line at the check in desk so we walked right up. We hadn't been able to do online check in because the system was down. We got our stuff and then she told us we were in the Fiji longhouse. Well, we had requested to be in Tokelau so we asked if she could check. She called and they didn't have anything in there for that night. I didn't want to get into changing longhouses so we asked to check for a longhouse near Tokelau. We wanted to be at that end of the resort because of how close it was to the TTC. She said they had a first floor in Tahiti! Yea!! This is the longhouse that I had wanted but DH had wanted Tokelau...needless to say he quickly decided that I had been right all along. But, I digress... We finished up at the desk and went back to the car. There was a small parking lot right in front of that area of longhouses so we moved over there and unloaded the car. We piled each kid up and made it in one trip!
IMG_2132.jpg

I was SO impressed with the room. This is the largest room we have ever had by far! I only have two complaints-and those are minorOne is that the sinks are in the bathroom (but we got the longhouse with two sinks) and overall, the rooms are very dark. But, like I said, not major deals.
IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

We really just dropped stuff off, I did a Lysol spray around the room and bathroom and then we left. It was getting close to 6 and we were hungry. We decided to head to DTD as Ellie needed a new Minnie before bed and well, I just wanted to feel like I was doing something "Disney" tonight. Yep, I know, I'm crazy!!

Hope everyone is having a great 4th!!

I don't think doing something Disney on your first night is crazy at all! I feel the same way! :rotfl2:

Your room looks great. I agree that the Poly rooms do look very dark but that is probably nice after tiring days in the parks!

I love the picture of your daughter on the carousel. So sweet.:goodvibes

Yea for uneventful check ins and getting the longhouse you wanted in the first place.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear what you do at DTD.

I think I spy my purse in the mirror. Is it VB java blue?

*Sigh* I love the Poly. There's just something about it that makes me fall in love! Your room looks so nice!

Great report so far! I too get a bit teary eyed when I see the Disney World sign:goodvibes Looking forward to more

Stacy
Love your pics! The Poly looks beautiful. This is the resort my daughter would love to stay at (me too). Can't wait to read more.

BTW, that tiger exhibit is sooo cool!

I too like to get connected to Disney on my first day and DTD is perfect if not going into a park. My daughter loves pin trading, and DTD is great for that.
Janet

I don't think doing something Disney on your first night is crazy at all! I feel the same way! :rotfl2:

Your room looks great. I agree that the Poly rooms do look very dark but that is probably nice after tiring days in the parks!

Thanks, LL! I knew folks on the DIS would understand me needing my Disney fix right away!

And you are right about the rooms...sometimes it was annoying they were dark but in the afternoons it was nice to relax.

I love the picture of your daughter on the carousel. So sweet.:goodvibes

Yea for uneventful check ins and getting the longhouse you wanted in the first place.:thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear what you do at DTD.

I think I spy my purse in the mirror. Is it VB java blue?

Good eye on the VB...you're right! It's a java blue hipster. I saw lots of that pattern on the trip. I never carried it in the parks though. Went with the baggalini.

*Sigh* I love the Poly. There's just something about it that makes me fall in love! Your room looks so nice!

Thanks, that room was great. I think it's impossible to not fall in love with the Poly!

Great report so far! I too get a bit teary eyed when I see the Disney World sign:goodvibes Looking forward to more

Thanks!:goodvibes My dh makes fun of me for getting so emotional but I know folks here understand! :lovestruc

Stacy
Love your pics! The Poly looks beautiful. This is the resort my daughter would love to stay at (me too). Can't wait to read more.

BTW, that tiger exhibit is sooo cool!

I too like to get connected to Disney on my first day and DTD is perfect if not going into a park. My daughter loves pin trading, and DTD is great for that.
Janet

Thanks Janet! I sure hope you get to stay at the Poly sometime. It is absolutely wonderful.

The tigers were my favorite part of BG. Just not something you get to see very often.

You're right about DTD. My kids did some pin trading this trip. I think as they get older they will get into that even more.

Ok, I want to finish up this first day...When I stopped we were headed to DTD to get some food, a Minnie, and my Disney fix :upsidedow We hopped back in the car and rode over. We decided to go to Earl of Sandwich during the drive. Unfortunately, the only picture I have to share is this
IMG_2130.jpg

I know, not the best but something is better than nothing, right? We got our sandwiches at EOS. I had the original (super delicious), Ben had the meatball (oh so yummy), DH had something that he liked, and Ellie had the grilled cheese (not a hit at all!). While there was nothing wrong with her grilled cheese-it's actually yummy-it just wasn't RIGHT...more than one color cheese, different bread, etc. Oh, my girl is a picky one. So, she ate some chips and part of one of those yummy brownies.

After dinner we made a quick trip into WoD. Last year, Ellie purchased a Minnie in a Belle costume. This year, she wanted either Snow White or Cinderella apparel for Minnie. Well, they don't sell those anymore. She was quite disappointed but found a regular Minnie that would be a good sleep buddy for the week. Ben got Jedi Mickey as his buddy. That store was crazy, as always, so we left after making those purchases. I knew I would be back.

Back in the car to the Poly to our room.
IMG_2131.jpg

Quick change and where do we go now?
IMG_2133.jpg

Volcano pool!! John nor I swam this evening. I stayed with the kids taking pictures and he wandered some. We let them swim for a bit and then headed back to the room for showers and bed. We had our first full day at Magic Kingdom coming up!! Woohoo!!
I'll close out the day with some pictures of the pool and surrounding area.

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2145.jpg

IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

Great pictures around the Poly. Yes, a before bed swim is a great Disney nightcap. I carried a Bagallini too, but I left my Vera at home awaiting my return.

I'm all caught up and loving your poly room! Did it still seem dark when you opened the drapes?

I totally understand doing something Disney on your first night, it's a must for us too. :goodvibes
We have never been to BG but it looks like fun, did your son love the zip lines? I think Baylor who is 10 would have a blast!

I'm in!! Teacher here as well. 6th grade!! I would love to stay at the POLY. Your pics are great. I like the ones from the pool.

MK on Sat. We were there that day. We'll have to see if our paths cross.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter