lizards at pop

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by leeleelee, May 17, 2007.

1. leeleelee

leeleelee Earning My Ears

We stayed at por and my sons loved trying to catch the lizards there. This year we're staying at the pop, my son wants to know are there lizards at the pop?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. klwdisney

klwdisney DIS Veteran

We stayed at POP in October 2005 and saw a bunch of them on the little paths leading to the rooms and the bus stop. :thumbsup2

4. wic0721

wic0721 DIS Veteran

We saw a bunch of them last May and again in September. My DD tried to catch one everytime we were walking to the buses!

5. I'mNoPrince

I'mNoPrince <font color=darkorchid>AlterEgo tmt martins<br><fo

DD liked them so much we have (had down to one) a few here at home as pets now. Store purchased not captive. But yes POP has them .

6. pugdog

pugdog DIS Veteran

They are every where in FL.

7. taylorsmommy05

taylorsmommy05 Mouseketeer

I don't think you will have a problem finding any lizards in FL anywhere!! Have fun!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

8. spiceycat

spiceycat <font color=blue>Own at BWV, VWL and BLT<br><font

be carefully if you are on the first floor - these lizards think they are invited into your room.....:happytv:

9. SignalTechCB

SignalTechCB Mouseketeer

reminds me of the old taco bell commercial....."here lizard, lizard, lizard........"
    :rotfl2: :lmao:

10. brisus

brisus Mouseketeer

Oh yes, there are lizards and we even encountered another friend one morning on our way to the parking lot. Right in the middle of the sidewalk was a huge black snake, I am not kidding, this thing was at least 2-3 feet long. We waited until he went into the bushes and I ran by! I think it it kind of cool all of the nature they have in Florida!

11. makinorlando

makinorlando When you're curious, you find lots of interesting

They are everywhere in FL - my dogs and cats love to catch them too! They should no better than come onto my lanai with four cats and two dogs!!!!

It's one of the things that DD loves about living in FL - tonight she was collecting snails from the neighbors yard after a rain storm - and bring them to our garden so she can have some too - they are her "wild pets"!

Yep -we have the snakes too - the kids saw one in the backyard today while playing hide & seek - those I do not like.... I NEVER walk in the grass in my barefeet - that is a very hard thing for me -

12. woodchuck

woodchuck Mouseketeer

We had one in the basket of our stroller!! While walking in Downtown Disney, I reached down to get something and there it was!! Not sure how long it had been in there, but my DW freaked. DS wanted to bring it home for a pet!

13. DJ Disney Kid

DJ Disney Kid Walt Disney World Vet

I hate snakes.

14. eeyoreiscool

eeyoreiscool DIS Veteran

There are lizards everywhere in Central Florida. It can be hard to walk at times because they are always darting in front of you, almost like squirrels running in the street.

15. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

Not only little lizards, but I have been told there is BIG lizards in the lake behind pop! :eek:

16. MBELSANTI

MBELSANTI Mama Mia, Mangia Mangia!!

And lots of frogs too!

17. NurseW2Kiddies

NurseW2Kiddies Mouseketeer

There are lizards all over, all of the time, in all of Florida. I was sitting on the couch yesterday and my Lab ran past with a lizard tail hanging out of her mouth. :scared1: Plenty of lizards at POP. Did you ask the boys what they are going to do with it when the finally actually catch one?? Some pretty funny answers I bet!:rotfl:

18. mike&amy1508

mike&amy1508 Mouseketeer

I don't know why I even read this thread....I hate creepy crawleys.....

19. princessminnie2

princessminnie2 Earning My Ears

What keeps bringing you back to the POP vs the mods/deluxe (besides the $$)?? And, how long is the bus ride to MK from POP??:dance3:

20. jwfla422

jwfla422 DIS Veteran/Philly Native

:rotfl2: Oh how funny!! My kitty does the same thing!! If I hear him running around like a maniac I know he's found one. Loves to torture them!! Yes, those little guys are everywhere in FL, but I must confess I am not very fond of them when they find their way into our house (many times in Teeko's mouth running in from the back porch!!:rotfl: ) They are just as plentiful EVERYWHERE in WDW!!

There is a little girl in West Palm Beach that was on David Letterman about a year ago who can actually hypnotize them!! She actually can catch them and then she rubs their belly and they actually don't move!! Then her mother or father photographs them in doll clothes!! It is actually hysterical!! (& amazing!!):lmao:

21. properlywarnedyebe

properlywarnedyebe DIS Veteran

We were at POP 4/22-4/28 and did not see one lizard the whole week we were there. DH and I thought it was so weird. We were actually going out of our way to look for them. We love those little guys and when we see them we know we are vacation. We were so bummed! There were tons of ducks and rabbits though. We caught a duck couple at the 50's blds. literally going door-to-door knocking with their beaks looking for food. Edited to add photo!
    Aliciapirate:
    [​IMG]