• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Living social deals, anyone with experience?

eliza61

DIS Veteran
I'm afraid my cynicism is kicking in. :scared: I do believe in the adage "if it seems to good to be true, it most likely is".

Anyway, I'm in the market for a new mattress. I really need one and today I get an email for a living social deal on mattresses.

A queen size memory foam mattress normally $1500 bucks for sale for $400 bucks. The company is Zen Bedrooms.

http://www.zenbedroom.com/zen_usa/?___store=zen_us

Anyway, has anyone used Living social? I think it's like groupon which I have used.

Any thoughts?

I've bought a pair of boots and a bullet blender through living social/online site and so far I've not had a problem. Both of these items were under $40 so my comfort zone was ok with it. Both these items were shipped in a timely manner and my debit card was correctly billed. Hope this helps

I've used Living Social many times and their deals are legit. I would however question the quality of the mattress, but that would be the responsibility of the mattress shop.

LivingSocial is run by Amazon and thier customer service is amazing on bit accounts. I have not bought physical goods from Living social, but I did have a problem with a merchant once (they had gone out of business before I was able to use the deal) and LivingSocial took care if it with no problems.

That being said, I would also check Groupon Goods, they often have these and are on the cash back sites, given the dollar amount it might save you a good chunk of money. But I wouldn't wait for one to show up on Groupon, if they don't have one, purchase the LivingSocial deal if you are so inclined.

Yes, LivingSocial is owned by Amazon and the money collection and pass through to the merchant is almost certain to be fine.

That doesn't mean the mattress is a quality mattress though and if you have problems with that you will be dealing with the mattress store, not Amazon.

I've not had a problem with Living Social - but like the previous poster said - the quality of the merchandise is not guarnteed

I've used it with great success so far. I even had a deal for a mani/pedi that I had a terrible time trying to schedule it (hard to get through phone lines and they only had like one appt available lol). I wrote living social and they gave me a credit on my account.

I've used it with no problems.

I would not do a deal on a mattress though! We've been mattress shopping and there was a lot of low cost mattresses made in China. No thank you. I'll spend a little for made in the USA. JMHO.

I've used Living Social many times and their deals are legit. I would however question the quality of the mattress, but that would be the responsibility of the mattress shop.
:thumbsup2 I use living social all the time. Never had any issues with them.

In the past, I have purchased(not through living social) some off brands memory foam pillows/mattress pads. They never seem to hold up to Tempur-pedic standards.

Buckalew11 said:
I've used it with no problems.

I would not do a deal on a mattress though! We've been mattress shopping and there was a lot of low cost mattresses made in China. No thank you. I'll spend a little for made in the USA. JMHO.

Thanks. I'm taking opinions!!

Go to Costco. That way if you ever DON"T LIKE the mattress you can return it at any time.

You have a warranty and don't have to worry about everything else.

Living Social is great, but some of the companies posting deals on there are not so great. It is definitely buyer beware and definitely do your research before buying - Some deals I've found have been great (50% off at the local Monster Mini-Golf :thumbsup2 and 60% off a the local Archery range :cool1: ) and some not so great - like the deal where I had to spend EXACTLY the amount of the deal savings - which was IMPOSSIBLE based upon their prices (couldn't even spend a penny less) or as resulted spend almost twice the amount of the deal . Just recently I was looking at a deal on comic books that they had posted on there - seemed like an amazing deal - 94% off - until I did a little research on both the company selling the comic books (which I had never heard of) and the price/quality of their comic books in general. The company got crappy reviews on a number of review sites for more common issues (slow to ship, not responsive, etc.) and most aggravating complaints that the discount was not as advertised. They apparently used an inflated start price (possibly cover price) as compared to the actual value - about 50 cents each. I did a little more research and found better deals on similar books on e-bay.

Never used living social but bought a memory foam from Overstock for under $400 that has been great for over 2 years.

Comfort Dreams Select-A-Firmness

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter