Living on the Edge Disney Dining Adventures May 2015 WPE and Final Thoughts 7/26

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Welcome my fellow Disers! My name is Lori and myself along with my hubby Peter and sweet little 10 month old Alexander took a last minute trip to WDW May 7-12. This was Alexander's second trip to WDW and I can't count what trip this was for us as we go often!! I chose the title of my report as we did not have any ADR's and the ones I was able to get were either the same day, day before, or a couple of days beforehand. You would be amazed what you can get dining wise the last minute at WDW as people cancel all the time. We were on the regular DDP and this was our first stay the Boardwalk Inn. Here was our lineup

Wolfgang Puck Express Twice
Sci Fi Diner Star Wars Galactic Breakfast
Boardwalk Bakery
Biergarten
Tangerine Cafe
Le Halles Bakery
Teppan Edo
PT 50s Cafe
Be Our Guest Lunch
Yak & Yeti
Pizza Planet

Here we are our first day heading to the Luna Pool.

Alexander excited that we were checking in to the BWI.

Anna and Elsa even joined in on our adventures lmao!

Last edited:

Alexander is getting so big! What a gorgeous little man...... :) Can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures!

Oh! Nice to see you back in the world! Alexander looks like a happy baby. Can't wait to read your reviews!

What a sweetheart your DS is! Excited to follow along :)

Thank you so much!!

I'm in, looking forward to your next post :)

Thank you, glad to have you hear!

Joining In!
Yay!!

Alexander is getting so big! What a gorgeous little man...... :) Can't wait to hear all about your dining adventures!

Times flies I feel like was just pregnant with him!

Oh! Nice to see you back in the world! Alexander looks like a happy baby. Can't wait to read your reviews!

Hi, it was so very nice to be back in the world. He is extremely happy baby thank goodness.

So after we were settled in our room we decided to hop on the DTD bus and go to an old favorite Wolfgang Puck Express in the market place. If you are on the DDP it is probably the best use of a credit you can find, as you get your food on nice plates, have a server, and it's $$$$. Last time we went I had the meatloaf which is wrapped in bacon and has a bbq sauce on top on some of the best mashed potatoes I have ever had. All fat free right, hahaha, I think not, but oh so very good. My DH had the spagetti bolognese that has broccolini in it and is topped with a light ricotta cheese. Very nice portion and a different twist on just plain old spaghetti with meat sauce. For dessert I had the creme brulee which was perfection!! My DH had the cheescake that was delicious as well. Overall this was the perfect start to our vacation and we even had the same table we always sit at. They shoud put or name on it :rotfl2:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

We never did get the opportunity to try Wolfgang Puck's and now I'm a bit disappointed. Everything looks really good especially the meatloaf..and I'm not even a fan of meatloaf. The desserts look very good also. Hard to believe it's a counter-service spot.

Not sure why the pics posted double on the entrees but it would be nice if they have you two plates for the price of one :rotfl2:

Hey Lori, you know I'm gonna have to follow along on this one. Can't believe how big Alexander has gotten. Though my daughter was looking over my shoulder as I was reading this and wanted to know what he was doing in her Disney world ; )

WPE looks great. Especially that meatloaf.

Joining in! Your DS is so adorable! Love WPE, what a great way to start off the report!

Hey Lori, you know I'm gonna have to follow along on this one. Can't believe how big Alexander has gotten. Though my daughter was looking over my shoulder as I was reading this and wanted to know what he was doing in her Disney world ; )

WPE looks great. Especially that meatloaf.

Hello!! Thanks for being here!! Alexander is growing like a weed and I swear gets even more fun with each passing day!

Following! :)

:wave2:

Following.

:wave2:

Your WPE meal looks enjoyable! We rarely make it over there for a meal but it definitely is a great deal for those on the dining plan!

Glad to have you here!! You should get over to WPE at some point on one of your trips, its truly a culinary delight

Joining in! Your DS is so adorable! Love WPE, what a great way to start off the report!

Thank you!!

Descriptions and updates are below the photos, still getting the hang of not using photobucket and uploading direct through the boards.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That evening we debated on going to a TS or getting a pizza at the BW. We had a few adult drinks while hanging out at the Luna Pool and were not too hungry. So we decided to snack at the BW Bakery. I had the Olaf cupcake and a cup of tomato soup that came with a yummy piece of bread. Both were excellent. My DH had the Mickey cupcake that was nice as well. Alexander enjoyed all three items. This was a great use of our snack credits as we really didn't need anymore to eat that night. We also had a very exciting dismeet with Katmark, who we have known for years on the boards but have never met. It was such a joy to meet Kathy and hope to see her again in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter