Living in North East Ohio

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
Things we remember thats just local (if know one else can relate, this thread will just be for my entertainment only)

Ghoulardi

People might think Lebron James would own this town, but everyone here knows even with his problems, BK will always be the man

LOVE Ghoulardi!!!:cool1::thumbsup2

& who can forget the pizza eating contests with mush mouth mariono (sp)
& when he was against the german shepard:rotfl2:

Woodrow the woodsman.........
Jungle Larry
Capt. Penny
Barnaby
franz the toymaker.......
Mr. Jingaling.....

we had some great tv personalitys!!

LOVE Ghoulardi!!!:cool1::thumbsup2

& who can forget the pizza eating contests with mush mouth mariono (sp)
& when he was against the german shepard:rotfl2:

Woodrow the woodsman.........
Jungle Larry
Capt. Penny
Barnaby
franz the toymaker.......
Mr. Jingaling.....

we had some great tv personalitys!!

i so remember that, the dog was the only one to beat him

around VChristmas time, I never missed Mr Jinglaling (on Hallies 7th floor)

We used to go to Tower City when I was a kid the day after Thanksgiving for the tree lighting ceremony and to meet Mr. Jingeling and Bruce the Spruce and shop at the Twigbee Shop. My coworkers look at me nuts when I bring up them or St. Nicholas Day.

We used to go to Tower City when I was a kid the day after Thanksgiving for the tree lighting ceremony and to meet Mr. Jingeling and Bruce the Spruce and shop at the Twigbee Shop. My coworkers look at me nuts when I bring up them or St. Nicholas Day.

Oh my gosh yes to all!!

I remember all of these, even Houlihan! And then there was 'The Ghoul', lol!

Anyone remember Archie the Snowman at Chapel Hill? I hear he's making a comeback after all these years.

Back when the galleria didn't suck and had gorgeous Christmas displays

Care Bear Square!!

The son of Ghoul was channel 67 in Canton.

That station was a riot. I remember when they tried the 25 minutes newscasts, the only reporter was Scott Davis. He did the news, in the field reporting, weather, and sports. You then had a 5 minute commentary by Sherry Lee. Davis would do a report in the field covering an accident/fire/sporting event, then at the end of the tape would throw it back to himself in the studio.

We loved Tower City and often went on Saturday nights. The Disney and Warner Brothers stores were great. I remember Halle's 7th floor, and the old style Dillards. Its a shame the gangs took over and the cool stores left. Quaker Square was another cool hangout. I stopped last Christmas and only a couple of stores were left, and they weren't even open on a Saturday evening. Downtown Akron was completely dead.

We love Bernie, Grover and remember World B Free. We had great times living in NE Ohio, but when the NE Ohio economy tanked in the 90s, we had to leave to find work. We go back to visit a couple of times a year, and it's just not the same. Downtown areas are dead, businesses are gone and boarded up, roads haven't been kept up, it's like the pride is gone. Our heart will always be in NE Ohio with our remaining family, but I don't think we could ever move back. I'll be the first to celebrate a Cleveland sports team winning a Championship though.

I moved in the early 90's-before it truly tanked. I saw the Jake, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, Science Center, new football stadium and the Gund Area all being built. I saw this city as having promise, and even after four short years, it was all gone :( We saw the Indians do really well (1995 I think?)

I remember going to Tower City= and going in the Observation tower--squinting out of that horrible glass that probably hadn't been cleaned in years!

The Disney Store and WB store were fun- when we had a small one (who is not about to be 19) those were the places to go.

I lived in Shaker=and Shaker Square was an interesting place to be. I would get coffee at Arabica and catch a movie at that old time movie theater. I would also eat at an amazing Japanese restaurant which would overlook Shaker Square.

I remember Yours Truly restaurants. I used to work right near the Beachwood one, but my first day in NE Ohio I went to the Chagrin Falls one.. Notso Fries.. mmmmm......

Christmas time was amazing- Tower Square had these old style Christmas decorations (probably from the 50's). Neela Park in East Cleveland had some amazing lights.

I also remember the tiny free NASA museum near the airport. People think I'm crazy but it was small enough to take younger kids, look at spacesuits, touch a moon rock, walk around a little bit and go home.

I did every free museum- The Crawford Auto Museum was wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter