• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Living in Disney means FOOD! My Disney Fine Dining Adventure: UPDATE The Wave

;)Thanks for the review of the ratatouille. That looks great! I love the "fried leaf" on top. :thumbsup2

Based on your review of WCC, I have just added that to our list of 'possibles' for March.

Enjoying your reviews so far, keep them coming :)

[than Whispering Canyon, because THEY HAVE BOTTOMLESS MILKSHAKES. Oh. My. Goodness. [/B]

My sil and bil and their kids are there tonight for dinner! Seems like such a fun place! I hope they know about the milkshakes! Yum! I think this is a must for my family next visit.

Thanks for the tip about ordering kids meals - I always feel uncomfortable about what is and isn't allowed (oop) and would often love to order just an app and drink at lunch or a kids meal and drink. Great to know this is considered ok. :)

It is totally okay! I often order a kids meal, and several times we have ordered just apps and drinks. At Disney, whatever you would like is totally okay ;) Believe me, I have been through the training...Next time, please don't hesitate to order whatever you would like!

;)Thanks for the review of the ratatouille. That looks great! I love the "fried leaf" on top. :thumbsup2

Ha ha, don't you love my very technical and accurate cooking terms? It was super yummy!

Based on your review of WCC, I have just added that to our list of 'possibles' for March.

Enjoying your reviews so far, keep them coming :)

Aw, thanks! Please, please try WCC! You won't regret it. I forgot to mention, someone told me you can get carmel milkshakes if you ask! I hope you enjoy it!

[than Whispering Canyon, because THEY HAVE BOTTOMLESS MILKSHAKES. Oh. My. Goodness. [/B]

My sil and bil and their kids are there tonight for dinner! Seems like such a fun place! I hope they know about the milkshakes! Yum! I think this is a must for my family next visit.

Yes please! I don't think you can go to WCC without getting a milkshake. It needs to be a Disney requirement. I hope you and your family enjoy it. You will have to let me know what you think!

What's awesome about the bottomless milkshakes is that on the DDP they count as a beverage, this way you still get your dessert and can wash it down with another milkshake. :lmao:

What's awesome about the bottomless milkshakes is that on the DDP they count as a beverage, this way you still get your dessert and can wash it down with another milkshake. :lmao:

That is awesome! Being a Cast Member, I have never done the DDP, so I am not sure of all the deals. But that is a great one! Thanks for the tip!

Ok, you were right. I am SERIOUSLY craving a milkshake right now! A vanilla milkshake and french fries sounds like heaven right now. :cloud9:

Loving all the reviews!

wilma-bride said:
French fries dipped in vanilla milkshake :thumbsup2

Yum!! Although DH thinks I'm completely gross doing this, personally you haven't lived til you've tried it ;) WCC is going on our 'must try' list!

Ok - I'm new at dis and if I'm on the wrong thread, please forgive me :tigger: and if you would be so kind as to point me to the correct one I would greatly appreciate it :cheer2: I'm budgeting my money for our tip and I can not find the actual amounts of the buffets that I have adr's for could you give me those? we are going to:
Tusker House - breakfast - 2 adults and 1 child
chef mickeys - breakfast - 2 adults and 1 child
Hollywood and vine - breakfast - 2 adults and 1 child
crystal palace - breakfast - 2 adults and 1 child
crystal palace - LUNCH - 2 adults and 1 child

I figure the buffets are a set price but I can only find a range of what they cost....can you please help??:dance3:

Thanks for your help ;)

Joining in - love your reviews :goodvibes

Hey, thanks! It is so good to have you! :)

Ok, you were right. I am SERIOUSLY craving a milkshake right now! A vanilla milkshake and french fries sounds like heaven right now. :cloud9:

Loving all the reviews!

I know, right? Sometimes, I can't read food blogs otherwise I get hungry! Seriously, I need to go back to WCC now....Thanks for joining in!

French fries dipped in vanilla milkshake :thumbsup2

YES PLEASE! You know what is funny? I was reading this response while dipping my french fries in my ice cream cone. Great minds think alike ;) Also, I am not afraid to admit that I did indeed dip my french fries in my WCC milkshake.

Yum!! Although DH thinks I'm completely gross doing this, personally you haven't lived til you've tried it ;) WCC is going on our 'must try' list!

He just doesn't know what he is missing! Yay for WCC! If you haven't been yet, you are going to love it. And please, do dip your fries in your milkshake! I promise you won't regret it :goodvibes

Ok - I'm new at dis and if I'm on the wrong thread, please forgive me :tigger: and if you would be so kind as to point me to the correct one I would greatly appreciate it :cheer2: I'm budgeting my money for our tip and I can not find the actual amounts of the buffets that I have adr's for could you give me those? we are going to:
Tusker House - breakfast - 2 adults and 1 child
chef mickeys - breakfast - 2 adults and 1 child
Hollywood and vine - breakfast - 2 adults and 1 child
crystal palace - breakfast - 2 adults and 1 child
crystal palace - LUNCH - 2 adults and 1 child

I figure the buffets are a set price but I can only find a range of what they cost....can you please help??:dance3:

Thanks for your help ;)

:welcome: to the Dis! Glad you are here! These threads are mainly dining reviews, but you can post all your dining questions to the main Disney Restaurents thread. I know A LOT about Disney, but all the current prices to the buffets is not one I do know! :goodvibes However, that would be an awesome skill to have.... ;) There is a sticky on the top of the Disney Restaurants thread called Current and Future Buffet and AYCE Prices. Check over there, and you should find all the information you need. The wide range of costs you are seeing on the offical Disney website is because prices are different depending on what meal you attend and what time of year. The thread should give you the prices for your dates. These boards are an awesome place to ask questions! Welcome again, and I hope you have an incredibly magical vacation! pixiedust:

We have an ADR for Christmas Eve at Trails End for Brunch. Cant wait!!

Yay!!!! Christmas Eve would be the perfect time to head to Trails End for breakfast. A warm hot chocolate piled high with whipped cream, Mickey waffles, Christmas music, and the smell of pine trees. Oh my, I just might have to go there on Christmas Eve too! Great choice!

Hey everyone! I am SO sorry for the messed up pictures :) They should be as right as the torrential Florida rain by tomorrow. ;) Anyway, hope to have a new report up soon, and SHOUT OUT to the awesome Dis friends who stopped by my store this afternoon! It was so great to see you. pixiedust:

If anyone is in Epcot, feel free to stop by and visit! I love meeting the Dis family! :banana:

Hey everyone! I am SO sorry for the messed up pictures :) They should be as right as the torrential Florida rain by tomorrow. ;) Anyway, hope to have a new report up soon, and SHOUT OUT to the awesome Dis friends who stopped by my store this afternoon! It was so great to see you. pixiedust:

If anyone is in Epcot, feel free to stop by and visit! I love meeting the Dis family! :banana:

Which store at Epcot do you work in? :confused3

I'm enjoying your dining review. We generally don't go to table service restaurants very often on our Disney trips. We get there so seldom that we just don't want to waste precious time eating. :) But. I'm taking my adult daughter on this trip and she has never been to WDW so I am thinking about taking her to a couple table service restaurants.

I had not even thought about the Grand Floridian Cafe, but from your review it sounds great, especially that dessert sampler. :) She wants to spend one day out of the parks, just relaxing, at the pool, etc. so maybe that would be a good day to try the GFC for lunch. :)

I'm looking forward to reading more! :)

So sorry for this extended break from the Dis! Life just got super crazy busy these past few weeks. But things are slowing down now. I hope those of you who are at WDW are enjoying it, because attendance this week has been incredibly slow. Only 15,000 in Epcot yesterday... :)

Anyway, back to the dining reviews! Up next: 1900 Park Fare for breakfast!

When my birthday was coming up a few weeks ago, I knew I needed to do something special in order to celebrate. With Cinderella's Royal Table booked for months in advance, I started looking and settled on a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, so it was an easy choice.

I had read several reviews of 1900, and none of them were particularly kind. We were a party of entirely adults, so I was a little worried. However, my fears were completely unfounded. We had an incredible time at 1900 Park Fare! :)

The atmosphere is lacking, and much to be desired. The theming, with pastel colors and carousal horses, desperately needs to be reworked. It feels old and tired to me.

But hey, with the exception of CRT, I rarely go to character meals for the atmosphere alone. So while it definitely needs an update, it didn't make or break the meal for me. Let's move on to something that can: FOOD!!!!!!

1900 is a buffet, and holds most of your typical breakfast fare. The Mickey Waffles were plentiful, along with bacon, sausage, biscuits, and a collection of pastries. There was a make-your-own-omelet station, but the line was longer than I wanted to wait. I was hungry!

Mickey Waffles!!!!!!

Breakfast Pizza

There a few things that are special to 1900 Park Fare. Cue the strawberry soup! As others have mentioned, it really does taste like melted strawberry ice cream.

My full plate of yumminess.

I don't remember what that was called, but it tasted amazing! Warm and cinnamony, like a cinnamon roll.​

The thing that really impressed me about 1900 was the incredible character interaction. We saw Tigger, Winnie the Pooh, the Mad Hatter, Alice in Wonderland, and Mary Poppins. Tigger, Pooh, and the Mad Hatter stopped by our table twice.

The Mad Hatter was easily the most entertaining of the bunch. He was incredible! My favorite moment of the breakfast is when he grabbed a little boy's stuffed Simba, pulled out a chair, stood on top of it, raised Simba in the air and started singing Circle of Life. I wish I had a video!

He pretended to be a tree, so that the people passing wouldn't see him

All the characters were perfect and wonderful. They didn't look over us because we didn't have any children, and they all spent a wonderful amount of special time with us.

Our wonderful meal ended with a cupcake and a song! Because it was my birthday, I got a special cupcake and a signed placemat. It is still sitting on my dresser.

I was so full from breakfast I couldn't even eat the cupcake! But I tried the frosting, and it was yummy!​

Overall, breakfast at 1900 Park Fare was a meal to remember. Everyone in my dining party heartily agreed. It is a place I would return to in a heartbeat. Maybe we just hit it on a really good day, I don't know. But, if you are looking for a delightful time in Wonderland and some really yummy food, don't hesitate to check out 1900 Park Fare for breakfast!

Lizzie you are my hero! I would love, love, love to attempt to eat at every WDW restaurant.

We are doing Sanaa lunch, Trail's End breakfast, Grand Floridian Cafe lunch, Whispering Canyon Cafe lunch, Be Our Guest dinner and 1900 Park Fare breakfast on our trip in November so it's been great to see reviews of them. We'd have loved to have done Olivia's breakfast too but we just didn't have enough days.

Thank you for your fantastic reviews.

Happy eating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter