Livin on a Fantasy!! September 29, 2012 Disney Fantasy

WHAT!?! No way! :lmao: That sounds like it may be a Cast Member dress regulation but NOT a passenger :hippie: dress code.

I have dressy-glittery flip-flops that I plan on wearing to Remy.

I thought I read the rule was for both Palo and Remy, but apparently just Remy, and, again, is up to interpretation.

Regular restaurants -
On 7-night cruises:
First night: cruise casual—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
Three additional "cruise casual" nights—no shorts, swimwear or tank tops
One pirate or tropical night (deck party)
One formal and one semi-formal night—formal wear for men: tuxedo or suit; for women: gown or dress; semi-formal wear for men: suit/jacket; for women: dress or pantsuit.

Palo-
Dress Code
At Palo, dress pants and shirt or jacket is required for men and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Remy - (I bet this is where the "open backed" thing came from - but I definitely read it on the Disboards)
Dinner Dress Code
A dress code is enforced during dinner.

Men: A jacket (such as a sports, suit or tuxedo jacket) is required, with dress pants/slacks and shoes. Ties are optional. Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.
Ladies: Cocktail dress, evening dress, pant suit or skirt/blouse are required. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, sandals, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

Sandals? like Tevas (lol) or is that any strappy shoes? It may be a local thing, but we call all open strappy type shoes, sandals...

*SIGH*

I take the no flip flops to mean no rubber beach like flip flops. I have dressy flip flops I plan to wear when my shoes are too much to take.

I always get a kick out of the dress code wars here. Would I wear shorts to dinner? No? But I'm on vacation and I have better things to do than judge what other people are wearing (okay, maybe I make mental judgments, but I don't lose sleep over it :lmao:)

We're pretty much all packed, except for some last minute stuff. Had to get it done before the holiday tonight.

I agree. It's vacation, does it really matter if they guy next me me has shorts on. As long as he doesn't look like he just came from the beach.....

I really think that is why they have a dress code to begin with. If there was none, I bet people would show up wrapped in beach towels.

Does anyone know where the excursion is that you can swim with the manatees or a zip line excursion you can do with a ten year old?

Hi Nicole,

We just got notice that we got main dining :cool1:

OK great! Do you know how to link dining reservatios? This is my first cruise so I am new to all this stuff. So excited Ari will have a friend to sit with. What is your son's name?

boogabuzz said:
I agree. It's vacation, does it really matter if they guy next me me has shorts on. As long as he doesn't look like he just came from the beach.....

I really think that is why they have a dress code to begin with. If there was none, I bet people would show up wrapped in beach towels.

You mean I can't wear my bathing suit and cover up to dinner? Just kidding. Lol

OK great! Do you know how to link dining reservatios? This is my first cruise so I am new to all this stuff. So excited Ari will have a friend to sit with. What is your son's name?

I have no idea and this will be my 3rd cruise but I never linked dining with anyone. Maybe after the meet and greet I'll go and find out at the guest services desk. My son's name is Christian and he's 5, he'll be 6 on November
5th and has no idea that we're going on the cruise to celebrate his brithday. He has no clue and I set up the call from Mickey and Goofy for Saturday....I'm so excited to see his reaction. How old is your son?

The count down on my phone says 1!!!!! Took my soon shopping yesterday for a few cruise-related items he just had to have and will pick up pirate wear this afternoon between getting the kids to cheer & hockey practice. Busy night! I am ready for a vacation! Bring on the sea air, baby!

Do you know if they pick you up or do you get your own transportation? Is it easy to get cabs when you get off the ship? Is it reasonable to think we could get to the park by 10 am the morning we dock?

You have to provide your own transportation. From what I understand, cabs are very easy to get. Yes, I'm sure you could get there by 10. I thought I saw that it was only a 10 minute ride.

I wish I could figure out a way to pack lighter :confused3

I am overwhelmed by the number of suitcases we are bringing. Traveling with kids makes it a bit difficult :(

I can't wait......only 3 more days!!!!! I don't want to see a school textbook or even think about school while I'm this cruise!!!!!! I'm so looking forward to all of the onboard activities and I can't wait to go karaoke!!!! ::yes:::lmao::dance3:

So I'm getting a little nervous because all our excursions are water related. I heard from someone that cruised a few weeks ago that it was too cold to swim - should I be concerned?

I wish I could figure out a way to pack lighter :confused3

I am overwhelmed by the number of suitcases we are bringing. Traveling with kids makes it a bit difficult :(

That is certainly true and you have two to pack for! I only have one! Of course I have an entire suitcase for FE gifts, but I fugre that just means more room to bring back souvenirs!!

So I'm getting a little nervous because all our excursions are water related. I heard from someone that cruised a few weeks ago that it was too cold to swim - should I be concerned?

We typically cruise this time of year and we have always been able to swim and I am a WIMP. :rotfl2: So, I hope that is not the case!

I just received a message from the Disney Vacation Club Cast Member that will be sailing on our cruise. I have never had that happen before and thought it was really nice! I've never made it on the DVC manifest before and we always have had to go and give our name at the desk. :goodvibes

You will either have to call Disney or your travel agent and have to know the reservation number and name of the party you want to link and they can do that for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter