• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Livin on a Fantasy!! September 29, 2012 Disney Fantasy

Hey we are on GTY Ocean view guarantee we would not want anyone to feel hurt if the schedule or us getting room assignments within 48 hours of the ship to make anyone feel bad if they cant get us a gift or whatever. We have anyones names and have extra stuff so please dont feel bad if it doesnt work for you to get us a gift. We're on a cruise lets have some fun. Please dont feel pressured. We dont have any kids with us its easier for us to put together last minute gifts because we are bringing extra onboard with us. If your on the list you will get a gift. But please again dont feel pressured to give.
Hey Im celebrating 5 years cancer free there is not anything going to get me down.
Plus so far the weather looks good.
Peace
Tim:hippie:

I'm not trying to be "snooty" or unwelcoming. We just thought the list had closed and purchased the items we needed. We packed and filled all of our gifts already. We have a very busy couple of weeks before vacation. I hope it goes quickly!

We were able to do enough to accommodate everyone that has signed up so far. I just wanted to clarify since I saw this post, since that isn't the case.

Can someone post the stateroom we need to go to, to get the stateroom # changes? I would prefer to only go one place.

I never thought of you (or anyone else for that matter) as snooty or unwelcoming. I merely wish to be prepared (as Disney :worship: always is) for any "last minute" changes. I noticed that a couple newcomers were added to Gometros' list after the so-called "cut-off" date but one latecomer was not (they have since been added):love:

18,000 MINUTES til we embark!:hyper:

You can make your own schedule to stick to. Lol :-)

Jack, Rose and I will deliver FE gifts at our own snail's pace. Our gifts will be delivered randomly, as we will be on an already tight schedule.
Our Fantasy cruise schedule is as follows:
AM - breakfast
AM - brunch
PM - Lunch
PM - snack
PM - Dinner
PM - Late night snack
AM - Late- late night snack

As you can see, we do not have enough time to add anything more to our rigid itinerary :faint:.
In 17,980 minutes, we'll be on VACATION! ::yes:: No schedules for us!

I'm also going to bring rootbeer to make rootbeer floats in case I need an extra snack. :rotfl: That is, if my luggage doesn't weigh too much!

Jack, Rose and I will deliver FE gifts at our own snail's pace. Our gifts will be delivered randomly, as we will be on an already tight schedule.
Our Fantasy cruise schedule is as follows:
AM - breakfast
AM - brunch
PM - Lunch
PM - snack
PM - Dinner
PM - Late night snack
AM - Late- late night snack

As you can see, we do not have enough time to add anything more to our rigid itinerary :faint:.
In 17,980 minutes, we'll be on VACATION! ::yes:: No schedules for us!

Where is the like button for this quote.
I will just say a big
AMEN :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 and 2 thumbs up

Just off the phone with the travel agent... Father in law going to join us!! We were at a wedding last night and he decided he wanted to join us. got home booked his airfare, room at country inn, changed rental car. Glad it worked out to add him to one of our rooms. Boys are excited to have him join us. now just have to wait till the 28th and we are out of here.

Just off the phone with the travel agent... Father in law going to join us!! We were at a wedding last night and he decided he wanted to join us. got home booked his airfare, room at country inn, changed rental car. Glad it worked out to add him to one of our rooms. Boys are excited to have him join us. now just have to wait till the 28th and we are out of here.

So happy for you!

Hi. I can't believe how far behind I am on planning and preparing for this cruise! BUT this cruise could not have come at a better time. We just moved (3 weeks ago) to the Dallas, Texas area from Tennessee! The moving truck came on Sunday and our kids were in school on Monday. We are still unpacking.

Typically I hang out on the boards and try to plan everything but this time, I am going with the flow. So bring me up to speed on everything! (just kidding -- I just wanted to say hello)

Now, I need to go find which box I put our cruise documents in. LOL. I think I know where the luggage is at least. Oh and I need to book our hotel for Friday night. I do at least have our airfare booked.

See you all real soon!

Just an FYI, if anyone is curious. Our Captain will be Marco Nogara, and our cruise director, Ray Smale, will be boarding the same day we do.

Hi everyone! We are so excited for this cruise. 13 more days!!!! It is me, my DH and DS(4 in 1 month) and my mother. We are calling it my DS's Birthday Cruise. That gets me off the hook of throwing a big party for him ;) We are in stateroom 8560. We have early seating and Palo resi for Pirate Night.

Anyone else traveling with a boy or girl around 4? My son plays independently pretty well. He's not much of a talker so I'm a little worried he may be overwhelmed in Oceaneers club. Our last cruise was last Oct. He had just turned 3 but was not potty trained. The crew did allow him to stay in the club, but we had to come physically check on him once an hour in the event he needed changed. Needless to say, we never left him in there for more than an hour or so. My husband and I are in desperate need of some "us" time since those moments are few and far between. I'm really hoping DS will WANT to be in the club. At least my mom is an early nighter and she is right across the hall from us. She said he can stay with her at night :))

We are doing the Island tour and turtle farm in Grand Caymen. Have seats reserved at Tropicante in Costa Maya, and thinking about Chankanaab in Cozumel. Only plan for Castaway is DH and I are planning on running the 5K.

Anyway, we would love to find a friend for my son to bond with. Hoping someone on here has a little one around his age. :))

Fantastic ! :thumbsup2:cool1:

got all the fe stuff done, got everyone included that's asked to be added.... i was nervous we wouldn't have enough stuff but we had plenty! yay :) and in the process of packing... i so can't wait!

and congrats on your 5 yrs cancer free gotdrums... (i think that's your name... perhaps i should have quoted you)
we are celebrating my 7 dds bday and my 4 months old 4 months!
my 4 month old dd was born with histiocytosis, a very rare disease just recently (about 2 months ago) classified as a cancer. histiocytosis is when the body is caused to produce too many histiocytes, a white blood cell, and they attack the body similar to lukemia but the histiocytes can attack any part of the body... organs, bones etc. she was born with skin only involvment, however it could spread at anytime. we were told by drs that if it did not spread in the first 3-4 months they felt better about the outcome!
so we are celebrating that her 4 month milestone has been met! and know we will have many many years and disney cruises to come!

also so everyone here knows (posted on fb already just not sure if everyone here is on fb, so sorry if i'm repeating myself to you) september is histocytosis awareness month so in your fe's we will be including a blue awareness ribbon, if you are interested in learning more before you get your ribbons you can go to histio.org.

kimmcbee said:
Glad to see there are other moms coming. so excited that my mom is joining us. she has done great after her surgery. still not able to wear a shoe, but we will see in 2 weeks. she is still in her boot during the day.

now my rant for the day...... Kyle (17y/o) comes homw from school yesterday, they are taking senior pics as a class on the 28th. we have already arranged to have his done this week as we fly out at 8 that morning. Find out at school yesterday that they are having a class pic at 905, and everyone has to be there or they dont get to participate in senior events.:sad:. of course he is very upset. phone call to southwest, and he is now flying to orlando leaving at 12:30. we will land in jacksonville at 10:30, get 2 rental cars, myself, my mom and kids will drive to the port. Husband has to drive to orlando and pick him up at 325. was way to expensive to change all of our flights. his alone was 175 to change. I am soooo mad at the school right now! I know they have a small class (36) but not to participate in senior events for 1 picture:confused3

Kim, just read this. Glad you got it all worked out. I am wondering if school here is going to give me any issues but this tripped was booked before we knew we were moving. Lol.

Sarahndipity, glad your precious little one reachedher 4 month milestone. I hope she continues doing well for a long, long time.

For the new people who recently joined: gometros has a form to fill out so we can know your names etc. There will also be a meet the first day at 3:00. Sorry, I keep forgetting where. :rotfl2: Vista cafe? I really need to write it down!

got all the fe stuff done, got everyone included that's asked to be added.... i was nervous we wouldn't have enough stuff but we had plenty! yay :) and in the process of packing... i so can't wait!

and congrats on your 5 yrs cancer free gotdrums... (i think that's your name... perhaps i should have quoted you)
my 4 month old dd was born with histiocytosis, a very rare disease just recently (about 2 months ago) classified as a cancer. histiocytosis is when the body is caused to produce too many histiocytes, a white blood cell, and they attack the body similar to lukemia but the histiocytes can attack any part of the body... organs, bones etc. she was born with skin only involvment, however it could spread at anytime. we were told by drs that if it did not spread in the first 3-4 months they felt better about the outcome!
so we are celebrating that her 4 month milestone has been met! and know we will have many many years and disney cruises to come!

also so everyone here knows (posted on fb already just not sure if everyone here is on fb, so sorry if i'm repeating myself to you) september is histocytosis awareness month so in your fe's we will be including a blue awareness ribbon, if you are interested in learning more before you get your ribbons you can go to histio.org.

Hooray for 4 months!! I am so glad the cancer hasn't spread and I hope she continues to do well! I can only imagine how badly you must need this vacation. I'm helping to plan a trike-a-thon to raise money for a charity that supports pediatric cancer patients by providing them with Joy Jars - jars filled with special toys and games for kids in the hospital. I'll miss the actual event since it's during the cruise, but I'm really excited to be part of the planning process. Check out the charity here: www.jessie.org You can even request your own Joy Jar. Their motto is NEGU: Never Ever Give Up!

Also, I know another poster (sorry, can't remember your name - oops!) asked about young boys on the trip. I have a 5 year old son and he will be in the kids club, so hopefully he and your son can meet!

Congrats on your babies 4 months. I know personally that cancer is not like it was back in the 50's and 60's etc.. as far as treatments go they are very advanced.
We will be praying that God sends the right doctor's in your path and you have many more cruises to come:yay:
For sure looking forward to meeting your family on board.
We are very active in any things that supports cancer research etc.. so we will for sure look the website up.
Princess has a really cool "Walk the Deck for the Cure" which we have participated in. Sometimes Disney as well does things like for St Jude etc..
If they do anything this cruise we will be walking for your 4 month year old baby.
With God all things are possible:yay:
See everyone soon
Tim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter