Livin on a Fantasy!! September 29, 2012 Disney Fantasy

I'm working on my FE exchange gifts now :) Are there 2 lists of FE's going? One of them has Madison, age 9, listed as Maddison. Just wanted to correct in case anyone personalizes their items! Oh and Sandy, we changed to main dining instead of late if you don't mind updating. Thanks! Mary (Golf1007)

The one with the name incorrect is mine, spelling is not my strong suit...even when there's copy and paste involved :lmao:

So, is this FE group officially cut off now? I'm just curious if we have a final count - names & #'s - or if more will be added.

According to the FE list on post #770 by Gometros, it shows vtdoglover; Justin, Jodi & Avery as NOT participating in gift exchange. I have not seen anything to the contrary since then.:confused:
I have made my own spreadsheet and I came up with 31 staterooms, with 96 people participating. If I knew how to post a link to my document I'd share it here. :badpc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai0s8WeQSkISdDVSamxMbnpwX3NmdjBTZW1oWWJDQUE#gid=0
Is the family that has Avery not doing FE's? I had them on my list.

According to the FE list on post #770 by Gometros, it shows vtdoglover; Justin, Jodi & Avery as NOT participating in gift exchange. I have not seen anything to the contrary since then.:confused:
I have made my own spreadsheet and I came up with 31 staterooms, with 96 people participating. If I knew how to post a link to my document I'd share it here. :badpc:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ai0s8WeQSkISdDVSamxMbnpwX3NmdjBTZW1oWWJDQUE#gid=0

Thanks for posting. There are "?"s by my screen name on this spreadsheet.
We are Maria and Rob. Our kids are not traveling with us. We are in cabin 7190. :goodvibes:)

Golf1007 said:
I'm working on my FE exchange gifts now :) Are there 2 lists of FE's going? One of them has Madison, age 9, listed as Maddison. Just wanted to correct in case anyone personalizes their items! Oh and Sandy, we changed to main dining instead of late if you don't mind updating. Thanks! Mary (Golf1007)

Made the change

Question for you guys traveling with kids. Looking at the list, I'm just realizing how many there are. Is the a fall break or are you taking them out of class?

Question for you guys traveling with kids. Looking at the list, I'm just realizing how many there are. Is the a fall break or are you taking them out of class?

Even though no kids this trip, we've always taken our kids out of school in the past. I do understand no two schools are created equal, but our school district always allowed for "family time".
Usually they asked our kids to present a report or photo slideshow of what they learned on vacation. So we always hit educational spots which is easy at WDW and Sea World.....and traveling other places like on cruises also presented many learning opportunities. In 2007, my daughter did a report on our visit to the turtle farm in Grand Caymen. She literally fell in love with turtles that trip. She majored in Environmental Science at FSU and hopes to work full-time with them one day. She has done an internship, but job market is bleak in FL right now.....she is currently looking. She calls me almost every day to say "there's no hope". But she just turned 22 this summer.....I keep telling her you are too young to lose hope. But I fully credit her love of sea turtles, dolphins etc to our trips to WDW, Sea World and the cruises over the years. In St Thomas one year I specifically booked a trip where you could snorkel with sea turtles. There is a whole other "classroom" outside the classroom !
PS : being a nurse, it's always been very difficult for me to travel in the traditional summer months when everyone else wants to go. This started our thinking about doing Fall travel and it worked for us.

My daughter put two rooms under her name "sarahndipity" for the FE list. We would like to list our room (8520) with my name "Disneysince1982". This room still includes: Jim, Barbara, Hannah and Alyssa. Room 8512 stays the same.
Thanks so much!
Barbara

We are taking our son out of school for the trip. It'll be his fourth week of kindergarten. Not thrilled about having him miss the week, but we are traveling with a big group from my husband's company, so we had no say in the dates. And I'm certainly not complaining - to me, a Caribbean cruise is WAY too amazing to pass up because of school. :D

Looking forward to meeting everyone! Will there be an official post of the FE list?

gometros said:

We're taking him out of school. I think they understand here that if we need vacations during the year or we'd all go crazy from the long winter.

We homeschool, so the cruise is our favorite field trip of the year! :cool1:

Nonniepaddie said:

Are you sure on the numbers? i've rechecked a few times and only came up with 30 cabins?

Is the family that has Avery not doing FE's? I had them on my list.

We are not doing the FE. Did not think we would have time to get things together, and definately not any extra space in our luggage!

Jodi
Family with Avery

We do a major vaca every there years and it has been in the fall the last two times. My kids were younger and missing preschool/kindergarten on previous vacas but now they are in 4th & 6th (middle school) so I imagine it won't be quite as acceptable with the school/teachers. My grandmother used to say, never let school get in the way of good education. She was an English teacher but she knew the importance of learning outside of the classroom. Experiencing Mexico, snorkeling a real shipwreck, swimming with stingrays...can't teach these things in a classroom. I'm okay with pulling my kids out for the week but I try not to allow them to miss unless absolutely necessary the rest of the year.

We do a major vaca every there years and it has been in the fall the last two times. My kids were younger and missing preschool/kindergarten on previous vacas but now they are in 4th & 6th (middle school) so I imagine it won't be quite as acceptable with the school/teachers. My grandmother used to say, never let school get in the way of good education. She was an English teacher but she knew the importance of learning outside of the classroom. Experiencing Mexico, snorkeling a real shipwreck, swimming with stingrays...can't teach these things in a classroom. I'm okay with pulling my kids out for the week but I try not to allow them to miss unless absolutely necessary the rest of the year.

We used to go away during the school year, even when I was in jr high and my brother was in high school. We'd miss a week and it was never a problem. Just took our homework with us.

Are you sure on the numbers? i've rechecked a few times and only came up with 30 cabins?

I'm never sure about anything when it comes to math. :teacher: I still count 31 staterooms, including my own. I posted the link to my spreadsheet, hoping people could alert me to mistakes or changes. There are still a few people that haven't had a SR# assigned yet. Only 43 more days :hourglass Time's a-wasting! I have to finish making FE gifts :santa:

I found M2DD on my list. :confused3 They aren't on your list. I checked Cory & Laura's post. They wanted to be added to the list. The post does not say that they want to participate in exchange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter