Livin on a Fantasy!! September 29, 2012 Disney Fantasy

I could choose excursions at 9:00 in California. I could have checked in at midnight, but really didn't need to since I don't need an early boarding time. We're taking Disney transfers from MCO.

Now I'll just keep checking for a cabana. Maybe I'll get lucky. :rotfl: Son-in-law wants one. If my daughter had known that, she would have got the one available when she checked in. Wish us luck!

Now I think I'll go check in and get that over with.

Karen, I forget, are you traveling with kids and need a Cabana on the family beach?

Yes Gometros, we want a cabana on the family beach. There was one available when I checked in (at 90 days), but of course it is long-gone now. I never imagined DH would think the expense was worth it, but when we saw footage of the cabanas on "My Yard Goes Disney", he was hooked. I'm sure we missed our chance, but we'll keep checking in case of cancellations. =)

Yes, two kids, grandson and daughter's sister-in-law. We're not expecting to get one. Son-in-law and daughter were watching a program the other day that showed a cabana and he thought it would be great to have one. She never thought he would want one. He told her she should have got it then asked. :rotfl2: Oh well, now we know.

Too bad, I had an idea to share. Now, if you can ditch the kids :lmao:

I don't think that I've posted about our Fall Break debacle, but I guess it works out in the end...

We have been on 3 vacations this year, so this was supposed to be DCL on a budget trip. Anyway, the school calendar comes out and there is a big note on the cover page, that due to other school systems in the area, they have changed fall break.

*GASP*

We are tuition students and can't have more than 3 unexcused absences for the entire year, so needless to say, I almost had a coronary!!

I called DCL, knowing that this was going to blow the budget, and it was going to be $1300 to change weeks. (um, no thanks)

So, I worked it out with the school, and they are going to excuse 4 of the 5 days, due to educational enhancement, and we are good! *Phew*

So, now we have 2 weeks back to back for fall break. *oh darn, right*

What does a Disney crazed fan do with her budget DCL vacation? Why, book another 5 days in Disney for the following week, of course! LOL

Since Fall Free Dining was closed for our return week *ARRRRRRRRGH* I had to get creative. First, I tried the DVC point rental route, but couldn't get all of our consecutive days. Then, I tried to get the new resort AoA.... Hey, it's a "Value," right? Um, no, not when only suites are available.... *sigh*

Then free dining was released to the public, excluding AoA rooms. HOORAY for me, people are going to drop those like hotcakes to get in on free dining! I was RIGHT!

Now my budget vacation (which, lets face it, was never a budget vacation to begin with) is now a 13 day trip to the DCL Fantasy and 5 glorious days in WDW...

Ah, but now the dilemma...

We have enough tickets (non-expire) for everyone to go to the parks 1 time. (I have more on mine, but DH and DD8 only have 1 each)

Do I act responsibly, and only plan 1 day in the parks and not incur extra costs?
Do I upgrade DH and DD tickets to Waterpark and More for 1 park day + 2 water park day? (We've never been to the waterparks, because we usually get 10 day park tickets and walk ourselves silly in the parks - Maybe I can add in free stuff like Chip and Dale's fireside thing, a DTD day, and maybe a stroll through the boardwalk?)
Do I buy Yes! tickets and enroll in a Yes! class for 5 day tickets for $492? (This is a smart idea, but we still have to buy food OOP, and *sigh* then I should probably just pick the next option)
Do I just scrap the whole budget concept and buy the full ticket package and add on dining plan for $1000?

Decisions, Decisions. *sigh*

At least my room is booked, and flights are with SW so they can easily be shuffled.

That sounds like a debacle Wendy!

I've got to be honest, I've never heard of only being allowed a certain number of absences from school until a few weeks ago. Makes sense now why Spring Break and other holidays are so busy in the States :)

For your dilemma, I won't be much help. We were in Orlando the week before Christmas and only made it to Downtown Disney...I'm not even sure DS knew we were close to Disney World. I would have liked to spend a day at a water park but they were closed.

what has everyone booked so far?

since my girls are younger (ages 4 & 7), our activities are limited. plus. because of their ages, i tend to also want/need quick bathroom access where we go.

i've booked boatswain's adventure marine park when we're in grand cayman.

was also thinking xel ha when we're in cozumel.

anyone else booking these - or has anyone else done these?

yay!

WOW Wendy !!!!! My head is spinning ! ALL of your ideas sound fantastic !!!! I say "boo" to those schools that do last mnute switches like that !!! So UNFAIR. I am a nurse. Our vacations are competitive. There are NO last minute changes once approvals or declines go through. So if I were in your shoes and had to switch if school was not agreeable that would mean ZERO vacation for us and loss of some money. So I feel your school owed that much to you. Good luck with all those decisions !!!!!

Hi Wendiwinn....
We don't have too much booked :
Bamboo massage for hubby, couples massage, Ionithermie Cellulite Reduction treatment for me, Palo Brunch (on first sea day) and Stingray City Snorkel in Grand Caymen. On Cozumel day we have a non-Disney excursion at an all-inclusive beach resort.

We are cruising with another couple with no kids tagging along. This is only my husband and my 2nd vacation in our 26 yrs of married life ! We married young---at ages 22 and 24 (we're in our late 40's now), so we never got to do all this fun stuff couples do until last year on a Magic cruise. So we're enjoying the spa....something we never did until last Oct. Our TA is getting us a Rainforest pass too :)

So on Castaway Cay day we are doing absolutely nothing but R&R at the adult beach (this will be only our 2nd time on this beach). We will probably snorkel at the family beach for an hour or so first.

Your excursions sound fun....have not done either one. I know we did the Fury Catamaran in Cozumel one year with the kids and they loved it.

I don't think that I've posted about our Fall Break debacle, but I guess it works out in the end...

We have been on 3 vacations this year, so this was supposed to be DCL on a budget trip. Anyway, the school calendar comes out and there is a big note on the cover page, that due to other school systems in the area, they have changed fall break.

*GASP*

We are tuition students and can't have more than 3 unexcused absences for the entire year, so needless to say, I almost had a coronary!!

I called DCL, knowing that this was going to blow the budget, and it was going to be $1300 to change weeks. (um, no thanks)

So, I worked it out with the school, and they are going to excuse 4 of the 5 days, due to educational enhancement, and we are good! *Phew*

So, now we have 2 weeks back to back for fall break. *oh darn, right*

What does a Disney crazed fan do with her budget DCL vacation? Why, book another 5 days in Disney for the following week, of course! LOL

Since Fall Free Dining was closed for our return week *ARRRRRRRRGH* I had to get creative. First, I tried the DVC point rental route, but couldn't get all of our consecutive days. Then, I tried to get the new resort AoA.... Hey, it's a "Value," right? Um, no, not when only suites are available.... *sigh*

Then free dining was released to the public, excluding AoA rooms. HOORAY for me, people are going to drop those like hotcakes to get in on free dining! I was RIGHT!

Now my budget vacation (which, lets face it, was never a budget vacation to begin with) is now a 13 day trip to the DCL Fantasy and 5 glorious days in WDW...

Ah, but now the dilemma...

We have enough tickets (non-expire) for everyone to go to the parks 1 time. (I have more on mine, but DH and DD8 only have 1 each)

Do I act responsibly, and only plan 1 day in the parks and not incur extra costs?
Do I upgrade DH and DD tickets to Waterpark and More for 1 park day + 2 water park day? (We've never been to the waterparks, because we usually get 10 day park tickets and walk ourselves silly in the parks - Maybe I can add in free stuff like Chip and Dale's fireside thing, a DTD day, and maybe a stroll through the boardwalk?)
Do I buy Yes! tickets and enroll in a Yes! class for 5 day tickets for $492? (This is a smart idea, but we still have to buy food OOP, and *sigh* then I should probably just pick the next option)
Do I just scrap the whole budget concept and buy the full ticket package and add on dining plan for $1000?

Decisions, Decisions. *sigh*

At least my room is booked, and flights are with SW so they can easily be shuffled.

Wow Wendy, you certainly do have a lot of decisions to make, but at least no matter what you will have 13 Disney days. :mickeyjum

what has everyone booked so far?

since my girls are younger (ages 4 & 7), our activities are limited. plus. because of their ages, i tend to also want/need quick bathroom access where we go.

i've booked boatswain's adventure marine park when we're in grand cayman.

was also thinking xel ha when we're in cozumel.

anyone else booking these - or has anyone else done these?

yay!

I am not booking any Disney excursions this trip. In Costa Maya, we are just going to look around the port a little bit and grab a drink in the swim up pool bar. ;)
Grand Cayman I am going to book a Royal Dolphin Swim with Dolphin Cove.
In Cozumel we want to do Paradise Beach, but I have also read about a Chocolate Factory Tour that I really want to do as it will tie in well with school.
Castaway Cay is just a relax and deny we have to go home the next day. :rotfl:

I booked bikes for Castaway Cay...that's about the extent of our excursions for now :rotfl:

I had looked at a couple of the private beaches for the ports...I should probably update the family on cost etc for those and see if they're still up for it.

Hi - this is our first DC and am just wondering about the Palo brunch. I was not able to book anything until July 16 and when that day came, the Palo brunch options were already sold out. Why is the brunch more popular than the dinner?
So I booked Palo for Thurs night but I wasnt sure if we would be missing something exciting ? Also someone recommended Palo on Pirate Night...why is that? I'm thinking our family of 3 will dress up and it will be fun together. Am I missing something? I was also disappointed I could not get Madison (age 9) in the Bippidity Bobbiti Boutique on pirate night because it was full as well.

What do you all mean when you say you can sign up for your next cruise in a few days? Is there a special offer to book your next cruise while on the boat and what are the in's and out's of it?

On Port Excursions I signed us up for the Pirate Encounter in Grand Cayman - Is this too babyish for a 9 year old? I liked the idea of it and it sounded fun!
Oh, when talking to a Disney rep I decided to change to the later dining time because it sounds less rushed. Any insights on this move? And finally (sorry!) how do I sign up to participate in the Fish Extender ?! Thanks everyone!

i am so ready for the cruise now! we were able to book everything we wanted! bbb , nursery time, and even the palo brunch i wasn't planning on booking! i can't wait! :cutie:

Hi how did you already get your port time? We are in room 7186 and I have NO IDEA if this is good bad or indifferent? Thanks again for people that know what is going on! :) Mary

Golf1007 :
You can do your online check-in once you are paid in full. At the time of completeing the check-in, you can choose your port check-in time. We got 11 am. Not sure what is available now. I've been checked-in since July 5.

We loved the Palo brunch on our last cruise so we jumped on booking that this cruise. However, I've read reports that the Fantasy brunch is not as good as the Magic/Wonder brunch ? So I will have to reserve judgement on that for when we get back. I thought the food selection and service was excellent at the brunch and I'm so looking forward to it again. It was buffet style on the Magic but there were also dishes that could be made-to-order.

Hi how did you already get your port time? We are in room 7186 and I have NO IDEA if this is good bad or indifferent? Thanks again for people that know what is going on! :) Mary
Hi Mary,
When I did my registration online I was able to choose my port arrival time. Don't know about your room, but we are on deck 7 too in 7690. I haven't been on the Fantasy, but my family loved pirate night on the Magic. We all dress up in full pirate gear, personally I wouldn't want to miss that for Palo. I haven't done brunch before either, but always hear it raved about, so I did book it for this cruise. I also have a 9 year old dd .
As far as fish extenders, Sandy (gometros) is organizing them. Here is the link from his signature where you ca sign up to participate. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dFFycTJxY0thUjduTDR0ck5wWUhwX3c6MQ#gid=0

I agree with Lori about Pirate Night....my husband and I dress up....when we brought our kids---they did as well ! I think some people feel the Pirate Night menu is the most lackluster of the cruise....so that is worth giving up for Palo ? But I don't feel that way.

Lori...that chocolate factory sounds interesting!! My girls love "Willie wonka and the chocolate factory" (the original movie...not the one with Johnnie depp)
I don't think I am going to book any excursions. This is our first Disney cruise and we are planning to just enjoy the ship when we are in port. We will definitely dress up for pirate night!!! Halloween is my favorite time of year!!!
Sandy...are you planning on splitting the FE group? Or leaving it as one big group? JUST CURIOUS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter