Live365 shutting down

smjj

Been there done that going back now as DVC member
I understand Live365 is shutting down end of January. I have used this station and its member stations daily for years to listen to Disney theme park, ride and ride soundtracks. Some of the stations have their own website but many do not. Have any of you an alternate I can try out. Pandora doers not have this type of music at all and I will sorely miss these stations once they are off the air...smjj

D-cot is really good, but also, you can get SOME ride music on pandora. I've had luck with the Three Caballeros station. I do prefer d-cot, personally.

Bummer, I love listening to live365.com too, thanks for the heads up, I had no idea it was shutting down. However, I do have an app on my phone called "Mouse World Radio" that is one of the stations that I happen to listen to on Live365. Maybe if you do a search you can find more apps that have to do with Disney park music (I'm going to go and do some searches myself). Man....I am really really bummed by this news :(.

I have been really enjoying Subsonic. I have been using the app not the website. I feel the sound is better quality than Mouse World or Live 365, either via the apps or websites. Their app is also more stable. The Subsonic Main Street music is great.

EDIT: Also, no ads or subscriptions.

I have been really enjoying Subsonic. I have been using the app not the website. I feel the sound is better quality than Mouse World or Live 365, either via the apps or websites. Their app is also more stable. The Subsonic Main Street music is great.

EDIT: Also, no ads or subscriptions.
Is Main Street Music the station? I searched "Disney" and got no results.

Mouse House Radio (one of my main listens on Live365, TONS of great WDW music) was going to start using the "StreamLicensing" app, but I just read this morning at http://www.mousehouseradio.com/ that they have to pay $1400 upfront just to use that service! However, there may be hope!! They posted this on 1/18:

"We are back up. More details coming from Jen in the near future about the decision to fully commit to Mouse House Radio....Ian (co-owner of Mouse House Radio)."

Fingers crossed...

Bummer, I love listening to live365.com too, thanks for the heads up, I had no idea it was shutting down. However, I do have an app on my phone called "Mouse World Radio" that is one of the stations that I happen to listen to on Live365. Maybe if you do a search you can find more apps that have to do with Disney park music (I'm going to go and do some searches myself). Man....I am really really bummed by this news :(.

I got an e-mail about a month ago from Live365 about this. Yesterday when I was listening one of the stations between songs had a infomercial about Live365 going offair and to tune in to their website to continue listening. Problem is I had maybe a dozen stations as favorites and several of these had the soundtracks(including the voices) of many of the rides. It was just like being there...smjj

Wow, glad that I saw this. I am a long time subscriber and have received no email that they were going off the air..........

I was depressed about hearing that live365 was stopping as well. I looked around for another option and found Tunein radio..... it has several of the same live365 Disney oriented stations on it...mouseworld, sorcerers radio and reedy creek radio. I also like Subsonic's app.

Well after three days I have found most of these stations with the helps of many here. I now have a folder with their locations I can go to and get this same music. It is not as convenient as Live365 is(was). but hey I have my daily Disney fix and thats what counts...smjj

No. Subsonic is the "station". It's really a standalone website and an app. "Main Street" is one of the "channels". Here's the website link. I have only used the app, so I can't help with the website.

http://www.subsonicradio.com/
Do you know if the app is available on Android? The only subsonic app I see mentions dreaming music from Your home computer. Nothing about Disney. I clicked on the website to download the Android app and it says nothing found. Thanks!

Do you know if the app is available on Android? The only subsonic app I see mentions dreaming music from Your home computer. Nothing about Disney. I clicked on the website to download the Android app and it says nothing found. Thanks!

I didn't find it with a quick look on my Android phone; however, we don't really use that phone and haven't downloaded much. I have it on my iPhone, and it shows up as Subsonic Radio by Scott Lawrence. The emblem is bluish grey with a curvey S with headphones. It may only be a iOS app.

I have been a VIP subscriber (listener) for several years now, but never got an email about going off air. So thanks, DISers for posting about this. I will look for the independent station's websites. I can't imagine being without my Disney music at my desk while I'm working. BTW, I did email them about a refund, and they responded with a refund amount. They did say it may take a little while to post my refund, with all the requests they will be getting. Really hate to see them shut down, though. Bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter