Live Trip Report - Oh the heat

Zeebs

DIS Veteran
Ok when I say live trip report we haven't actually left yet but:

Online check has been done (never have done this before and it was surprisingly easy) it was much nicer sitting on my couch checking in and getting our boarding passes while the kids played in the garden than waiting in the line with the kids getting antsy.

Bags are all packed and kids despite being very excited are sound asleep, "the faster you go to sleep the faster you wake up" seemed to work for them tonight.

I was out for a few drinks last night (ok maybe more than a few) I was really struggling with the heat today and was starting to think I am in trouble with Florida if I can't handle a warm English day. I am hoping it was because I was a little hung over today.

See you all from Heathrow tomorrow if I can get on the internet.

Kirsten

Have a great trip Zeebs. 5 sleeps left for me and DD. I did online room check in today. I've never done that before so will have to see if I live to regret it. We are all packed and ready to go!!!!!

For some reason with English heat we all come to a stand still and do nothing, with Florida heat we up and at 'em and able to cope so much better:goodvibes

Safe trip tomorrow:cool1::cool1::cool1:

It's ok... It's hot here in Florida at the minute. But the Americans have perfected the art of AIR CONDITIONING! :)

Just buy the misting fans... They're a god send in the outdoor queues!

We got back monday and found it much warmer than usual but it might just be because we were going to the parks later and staying later (this is where we loved FP+) we usually leave the park by 12ish. The last 2 days I have struggled with the heat here and i've only been home a few days.

Great day at the magic kingdom today. Madams 4th birthday.

The flight was in uneventful which was good, we parked with purple parking which was extremely easy and very streamlined. A visit to pret for some sandwiches and then we visited the family room and let the kids burn off some steam on the soft play.

We took longer putting the new car seat for Ariana in the car than it took us to get to the hire place. Got sucked in again purchasing the dollar sunpass system. Always get you when you are tired and just want to get out of there.

We drove through to Jupiter and stayed in the Comfort inn and suites which was great friendly staff, free cookies and a very comfortable bed, and they had rooms that would fit all five of us. We opened a few presents for Ariana's birthday and then to I hop for breakfast at 5.00 ish and then on the road to Disneyworld

Started the day with a ride on the tea cups, barnstormer, then are time for the Winnie the Pooh ride came up, then onto the carousel laughing at the length of line for the frozen chicks, small world Peter Pan with fastpass and then mickeys philharmonic before heading to the castle for a birthday lunch. Our ADR was for 12.55 by the time we met Cinderella and got to the table the kids were starving they hadn't had any snacks and breakfast at 5.00 ish they were very hungry. So the birthday girl wouldn't stop shoving the mash potato in to really even acknowledge the princesses. The food was ok, the interaction was brief and the meal was rushed. Ariana seemed to enjoy herself especially her Minnie Mouse cake which was very yummy.

We then wandered around before heading to the fastpass for the parade. We left after this and followed the crowds out of the park, dropped off the stoller we hired which was surprisingly easy to push they look like hard work but it was actually quite good.

Found the rental agent to collect the keys for the house. House is lovely, everything is so clean. Kids had a swim we saw an alligator (in the lake behind the house not in the pool) garden grocer delivered some groceries, kids are now passed out and I am about to be soon.

Tomorrow Hollywood studios and the sci-fy cafe.

Kirsten.

4.48 am Ariana and I are awake watching special agent Oso. And once again I am glad we are not in a hotel room as we would all be awake now lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter