LIVE trip report Cabana bay resort and Universal May/June 2016

Glad to hear you are home safely. Flight doesn't sound great. Shame we didn't overlap more as Anna would have loved to play in the pool every day with your 2. Glad annual pass was still as cheap to upgrade, Rude not to! Hope your daughter has a fantastic birthday Friday.

Had a good evening at universal studios. It rained on way in so park was much quieter. Spent time in diagon alley and had ice cream from florian fortescue dh had salted caramel blondie, me sticky toffee pudding and dd mint. Watched the show on the water at the end of the night, not seen before as it isn't on when we usually go in October.

Our journey home was pretty straightforward although apparently we were on a 'Trial Flight' with Virgin and it was probably the worst of all our flights so far! We only found out when the captain came on to address the number of complaints the cabin crew were experiencing! He said that we should have been told it was a trial flight upon check in (we weren't) and the cabin crew were just following instructions.
We had a trial flight on the way home too, the only difference is the number of cabin crew is reduced.

We were told upon boarding that it was a trial.

From memory the outbound and inbound flights have always been different in that on the way home it's one drinks round, dinner with wine, then lights out.

Sounds like you had a lovely evening at US. Thank you for the birthday wishes for tomorrow. Got back home a few hours ago, unpacked and am now in 'birthday mode'. Wish we were all still there. Lovely blue skies and sunshine here in the south though so easier to come home to! Enjoy your last few days.

Had a nice breakfast at first watch on sandlake rd. They give you a free entree when you join the email club. Had my usual carrot cake pancake. Was a studios about 30 mins before opening and did minions and shriek as walk ons. Minions was 90 minutes wait by 10.30am.

Went shopping at lake buena vista outlets. Got dd some bits in justice and 3 pairs of converse - 2 for dd and a leather pair for me. There was a $15 off on outlets website so all 3 pairs were $80.

Had a lovely lunch at hot Krust panini on turkey lake rd. They are number 3 on trip advisor had had my eye on going. Cactus chilli was gorgeous.image.jpeg

I had a nap, dd and dh went to Best Buy. Currently by the pool dd has found a friend and doesn't want to leave. I've Been round lazy river 3 times. Very hot today and No rain predicted.

I keep meaning to try Krust Panini but we find it impossible to drive past Toojays, also just off Sand Lake at Dr Phillips. We love it there, full of locals and food fantastic as well as great service.
Enjoying your report. We go two months on Tuesday! Have a trip to Majorca and Camber Sands before then. Making the most of our don getting a long break due to GCSE's. Looking forward to the trips but Orlando will always be our favourite. Such a great family holiday.

Did water rides at I of a yesterday morning - got soaked. Then lunch at cabana food court. Pool then some shopping. Did last evening Harry pottering in both parks. So much more pleasant in evenings and low waits. Dd got picked again in ollivanders. She was all decked out in the robe.
Had a late dinner at village inn.

Early morning flight today to Philadelphia. Had printed boarding pass at hotel so v quick dropping cases and through security. Currently in Philadelphia waiting for city bus tour, flight home not until 8.50 tonight so off to see a bit of the city.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter