LIVE trip report Cabana bay resort and Universal May/June 2016

Lovely to meet Diser Janeyb and her 2 daughters in the pool. Anna didn't want to get out of the lazy river and say goodbye to them. Hope you have a safe flight home tomorrow.

We are off to Hard Rock Cafe and parks tonight.

Had some pool time (resort much quieter now Memorial Day over) then burgers at Teak. Headed to Altamonte mall. Dd went to justice. Bargain of the night was a hollister hoodie for $10 (tag said uk £35) had a steak and shake birthday cake milkshake too. It rained heavily on our drive back from the mall. Been scorching hot each day.

Girls only at islands of adventure today. Got there for 8am early entry and did forbidden journey and hippogriff. Made dd do Seuss landing rides with me as all were 5 mins wait. Got train to Universal then had a nice lunch at cow fish at city walk. Pool time this afternoon. Not as hot today (thankfully) dh went to Florida firearms adventure at fort Meade and had a good day. About 1 hour 30 mins from cabana bay resort. He was the only one there and said instructor Don was really good. He got to shoot various hand guns/machine guns.

image.jpeg
Nypd pizza for tea at metro west 10 mins from cabana bay. Dd had the free kids make your own pizza.

Great to meet you too. My girls were so pleased to have met Anna and had a lovely time playing in the pool with her. Glad to hear you're all having a great time. We loved our time at Cabana Bay and were very sad to leave. Our journey home was pretty straightforward although apparently we were on a 'Trial Flight' with Virgin and it was probably the worst of all our flights so far! We only found out when the captain came on to address the number of complaints the cabin crew were experiencing! He said that we should have been told it was a trial flight upon check in (we weren't) and the cabin crew were just following instructions.

The service had fallen dramatically since we flew out a few weeks ago. They are definitely looking at cutting costs. Hardly any drinks were offered. Now only offering water or wine with meals, tea or hot chocolate after every meal and no coffee. No pretzels or other snacks, One drink offered for the duration of the transatlantic flight. The row behind us didn't even get a meal and only got chance to tell cabin crew when they came to collect everyone's trays! I ordered two children's meals, got given one, told the other was on its way then DD2 didn't get fed until I chased it twice and everyone else had a meal. The girls were not addressed at all or asked if they wanted drinks, I had to catch the crews attention. I also noticed lots of visable eye rolling at passengers by another member of the cabin crew! Goes to show that the prices are increasing for direct flights but service, meals and drinks are decreasing!

The hollister hoodie was a great bargain! My daughter got a brilliant pair of Levi red tab 'trendy' dungarees with 80% off on sale rail at JC Penny. They were £8.95! Still some bargains to be had.

Glad to hear it is a lot quieter now for you, I had a feeling it would do. By the way, I hold you totally responsible for the three annual passes I now have in my purse!! At a £33 upgrade I'd have kicked myself if I hadn't and we decide to head back next year. The girls are wanting to try out the water park next door or maybe stay at Sapphire Falls so I have a feeling we'll be heading back sooner than I thought! I quite fancy the Hard Rock though for the 5 minute walk to US! I was starting to feel a bit 'bussed out' by the end of the trip and actually looked forward to the 15 minute walk back from Margaritaville!

Now to attempt to sleep and combat the jetlag!

Enjoy the rest of your trip and safe trip home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter