Live Shows Appropriate for young Children?

Waldheim

Earning My Ears
Can anyone share their experiences with the live shows? We are cruising with our DD5 and DD3 and not sure if the shows are geared towards them or older children and adults. BTW we have the early seating for dinner.

Hello, I took my 2 1/2 yr old son to several of the live shows and he loved them. The Island Character Show ( I am not sure if that is the correct name) and Disney Dreams were his favorites. He was in awe and it was fun just watching him experience it for the first time. At the character show there was a little girl about 1yr or so who was just loving it! She was so cute. My son still talks about the shows so I think your children will probably love them!

When DD was 4 she went to all of the shows and loved them. She especially liked the "Island Character Show", Disney Dreams, and the Farewell Variety Show (even I get choked up when Tinkerbell spreads pixie dust over the Magic!). I'm sure your children will enjoy the shows, too.

my DD (3 at the time) LOVED the Island show and Hercules (she sat perfectly still and just watched it) + Disney Dreams.

DS (5) saw the beginning of the Island show and freaked because Captain Hook shows up (in the balcony, but still...). He wouldn't go to any other shows after that including Disney Dreams.

So, it depends more on your kids and their fears IMO.

It totally depends on each child. We took DS, who was 6 weeks shy of his 3rd birthday at the time, to see the Island Magic Character Show. He was absolutely terrified. We had to take him out after a couple of minutes. After that, we couldn't take him to any other shows. We couldn't even take him to see Finding Nemo, because it was in the same theater and he was afraid the characters were going to come out again. We spent the rest of the cruise dodging characters.

Obviously, most children don't react this way, but the Flounder's Reef and Oceaneers Club staff told me they regularly encounter young children who are spooked by the characters (they bring them to a different area when characters visit,) so we weren't the only ones to go through this:(

One of my favorite memories from our cruise is having my DS (3) sitting on my lap watching the Island Magic and booing and hissing at Hook.....the other is him on my lap again watching Disney Dreams and when the Blue Fairy entered the stage, he was in awe...."she's so pretty mommy". Tears........

We took our DS (almost 3) to Island Magic and Disney Dreams. He was squealing in delight every time he saw the characters. He even squealed when he saw Captain Hook. LOL. He really didn't get into Disney Dreams until the end when Mickey and Minnie came out. After the show was over, DS was rushing to go up to the stage- hoping to go backstage to see Mickey and Minnie.

As mentioned, it depends on the child. My young 3 year old sat on my lap for Disney Dreams and the new Golden Mickey's & loved it. The other child in our party (almost 4) doesn't like darkness or loud noises & had to leave. When my older DS was around 20 months, we tried to see the Barney show at Universal, he was the only one screaming when the lights went out.

If I had to see a Barney show - I'd be the one screaming to get out! Luckily my daughter never was a big Barney fan. Teletubbies though, that's another story!

Thanks all for your 2 cents!! I guess we will just give it a try and see how it works out! The worse that can happen is we walk out with a screaming kid :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter