Live reports from MNSSHP 2012!

Happy to help. My info is based on reports from the first party, and at least one source suggested that the Halloween-exclusive card may in the future also be distributed at another location, but I wouldn't count on it. I'm also not sure how available the regular cards are after the party starts, but I believe they would still be distributed during the party.

we were there last night (fri 9/14). No rain but it was hot and humid all night. We three of us did Pirates League with 3:10 appt. We didnt get out of there until almost 5pm. Neat experience, glad we did it.

we got in line for the dwarfs right at 6pm and were about 8th in line. Dwarfs came out at exactly 7pm and they started doing greets immediately. The line by then was pretty long. I'm not sure how many people but it curved around past the playground plus another 20-25 people. It was long but with no autographs and basically no interaction they kept that line moving! We were done by 7:05. Unfortunately the photopass was having difficulty but we got some great photos with our own camer. I felt bad for the people in front of us who were planning on pp for their pix and stood waiting for them to return. Not sure how long it took hopefully quick!

Speed of dwarfs was stark contrast from Jack Sparrow's line where we went next. We were about 15th in line and waited nearly an hour. Interactionw as great but with so many people waiting it would have been nice for them to move it along a bit. Lotso by CP with no wait, Gaston came out intermittently but you had to be quick because he walked around a bit and would often be mobbed. No real line up either so there was confusion.

The villains were handled well I thought. We got to see my goal of the night: Maleficent!!! She was awesome, super scary looking. The rest of the villains, from what I could tell, had long but quick moving lines, very organized with photopass for each except Frollo.

Lines for the rest of the characters seemed reasonable. I never did find Aurora and her prince or Suzy/Perla and didn't have time for the ducks which were adorable! or pooh and friends.

we did the princesses and mickey/minnie during the 2nd parade and waited about 10 mins for each although we were told that waits were about an hr earlier in the evening.

Fireworks and villains show were awesome!! I so wish we could have done 2 parties to scratch more off our to do list but we're home now.

Lines for the rest of the characters seemed reasonable. I never did find Aurora and her prince or Suzy/Perla and didn't have time for the ducks which were adorable! or pooh and friends.

we did the princesses and mickey/minnie during the 2nd parade and waited about 10 mins for each although we were told that waits were about an hr earlier in the evening.

Fireworks and villains show were awesome!! I so wish we could have done 2 parties to scratch more off our to do list but we're home now.

What ducks are you speaking of? Didn't hear anything about this - please explain.

Here now and was at the firehouse to get Sorcerers cards last night. Was told that this is the only location to get the Halloween card but there is no reason at all to wait on line at 7. They give them out all night.

moobar25 said:
What ducks are you speaking of? Didn't hear anything about this - please explain.

Uh, Donald and Daisy perhaps?

JohnNYC said:
Here now and was at the firehouse to get Sorcerers cards last night. Was told that this is the only location to get the Halloween card but there is no reason at all to wait on line at 7. They give them out all night.

Thanks for confirming this, I was hoping that to be the case.

Uh, Donald and Daisy perhaps?

Wow! Mesaboy2 is on fire today!:thumbsup2

Anyways, here's a picture of Donald & Daisy meeting guests at MNSSHP. This from Josh from EasyWDW.
uytahha100.jpg

Courtesy of Josh from EasyWDW

Does anyone know if they will hand out the special Sorcerer's Halloween card before 7? Like say we enter the park at 4 pm with our wristbands, can we just get that out of the way?

OhioStateBuckeye said:
Does anyone know if they will hand out the special Sorcerer's Halloween card before 7? Like say we enter the park at 4 pm with our wristbands, can we just get that out of the way?

No, every report so far is 7:00p or later.

ladeeesquire said:
Unfortunately the photopass was having difficulty but we got some great photos with our own camer. I felt bad for the people in front of us who were planning on pp for their pix and stood waiting for them to return. Not sure how long it took hopefully quick!

We only waited until 7:15, then gave up and took pics with our camera and iPhone. Only had small camera with us but thankfully, the pic came out really great! (it works well about half the time, so i was holding my breath) Actually, the iPhone pic came out well too! Thanks for the good wishes!!

How about this: are you sure there's a party tonight? I'm not seeing it on the schedule....
THANK YOU!!!! Wow! I didn't even check the party dates. I forgot that they don't start the Sunday parties until the end of the month. I didn't even think to check the dates because I falsely assumed and thought I would be able to buy the ticket at the gate. I jus thad the ultimate senior moment. Thank you! Looks like I'm going to have to reschedule. You just saved me one and a half a tanks of gas! Thanks! I still can't believe I forgot to check the dates. Just wow....

THANK YOU!!!! Wow! I didn't even check the party dates. I forgot that they don't start the Sunday parties until the end of the month. I didn't even think to check the dates because I falsely assumed and thought I would be able to buy the ticket at the gate. I jus thad the ultimate senior moment. Thank you! Looks like I'm going to have to reschedule. You just saved me one and a half a tanks of gas! Thanks! I still can't believe I forgot to check the dates. Just wow....

Yeah, I was thinking that might have been an unpleasant surprise. :goodvibes

Yeah, I was thinking that might have been an unpleasant surprise. :goodvibes

Not one of my finest moments. I got so caught up in the planning/research that I forgot to make sure there was a party. Thanks!:thumbsup2

Maybe I'll try for next Friday but it all depends on work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter