Live Report from the Evans Family

glevan

Mouseketeer
We'll, after 9 months of planning, we are finally here. Landed in Orlando around 8:30PM (airport was EMPTY) and we were in our room at CBR by 10:00. However, I'm still up waiting on our luggage from ME. All-in-all, things have gone smoothly thus far. Our first stay at CBR, but it seems nice (can't see much at night, but still seems nice). We are in Jamica 44 (per our request) and the location seems great. Our room is right around the corner from the pool and it faces a nice courtyard. Also, we are a short 4-5 minute walk to the main pool/dining area. DW, DD5 and DS2 are all asleep...yeah me...I get to stay up and unpack all the "stuff"...btw, did I mention we packed everything including the kitchen sink. Apparently, my wife has plans for us to change clothes 3 times per day ;)

Grandparents will arrive in the morning and then we are off to the MK. Will post more as the week goes on...

DH, Evans Family (evansbeach.blogspot.com)
CBR Fall 2009 (current)
Shades of Green Fall 2008
Contemporary Fall 2008
AK Spring 2008
All Star Sport Fall 1999

Ohh fun!! I'm sure you'll really like CBR. Have fun unpacking, and have a magical trip!!:wizard:

Glad that you arrived safely and I hope you have a great day in the MK! We too are taking our kids (3 six-year olds) and the grandparents (my folks) down to Disney, so excited, we leave tonight! Are you doing MNSSHP?

Have a great vacation! :dance3:

DH and DS2 are back in the room for a nap. We spent the morning at MK in FanstasyLand. Lines are fairly normal for this time of year...20-25 minute wait on Pooh and PeterPan. We walked on to SnowWhite and SmallWorld. Prior to heading to the park, I walked over to the dining area and picked up two breakfast platters (eggs, sausage, bisquit, french toast and potatoes). Each meal came with two drink. So, two meals was enough to feed all six of us! At this rate, we are either going to gain a lot of weight or have a lot of extra CS meals on our dining plan... ;) After nap we are headed back to MK for character meal at Crytal Palace. DS2 loves Pooh. Will update later more later tonight...

Glad that you arrived safely and I hope you have a great day in the MK! We too are taking our kids (3 six-year olds) and the grandparents (my folks) down to Disney, so excited, we leave tonight! Are you doing MNSSHP?

We are not...heard lots of good about it, but just don't think we "need" to fit it in... :)

Hey! We must be following you, we just got in yesterday and are staying at CBR and we also did MK today! Have fun!

Ok, it's official...we are tired, but happy. We had a great first day. Crowds were fairly light in afternoon/evening. 5 minute wait on Barnstormer and Buzz. Walk on Jungle Cruise. Pooh and Pan were still 20-25. We had the character dinner at Crystal Palace and the food was great. I helped my daughter make an IceCream with springs AND with chocalate chip cookie crumbled up...she was so happy! BTW, did I mention that this was my parents first drip...they seemed to love every minute of the day. Tomorrow we are headed off to Hollywood, so I'll provide more details then...

We were at the MK today, too. We got there at 9:00 and rode Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, & Tea Cups with no wait. We then did the Speedway (maybe 5-10 min. wait) and Barnstormer with no wait (even rode it 2x without getting off). After a quick walk though Minnie and Mickey's houses we did Buzz 2x with no wait, Carousel of Progress, then rode Buzz again. We saw Push the talking trashcan at 11:40 and then went to the Laugh Floor where my brother-in-law was "That Guy". We were left the park shortly after noon.

We're also going to the Studios tomorrow! Enjoy!

Everyone is in bed, so I'm taking a moment to write a quick post. We started the day at Hollywood and arrived by 9:30AM. It didn't seem that busy to us. We got FP for TS and then did Little Mermaid, Playtime Disney and Great Movie Ride. We then used our FP, then ate lunch, then left the park by 1:00PM (for nap time). After nap we headed to the MK for dinner at LibertyTree Tavern...wow, the food (family style) was much better than I expected. The mac and cheese may just be the best I've ever had. 3 meats, potatoes, dressing, green beans and dessert. We left stuffed! We then did laugh factory (no wait), stitches great escape (no wait), go carts (10 minutes), go carts (10 minutes), used FP for buzz and then headed over to frontier land to watch the parade. It DD5 and DS2's 4th time to see the parage but they still have "wide eyes" throught the whole thing...I love watching their expressions!:cloud9: Tomorrow we are headed to epcot in the morning and then back to hollywood in the evening (for fantasmic). I'm sort of dreading hollywood...I'm scared that the crowds my be nuts based on others reports. We'll see...

good night all, off to get some much needed sleep...!

Thanks for reporting in. Keep it coming. We arrive on Saturday to CBR (first time there). Here's hoping the crowds and weather stay good! Man I need to pack - or sleep. I think I will sleep - then pack...

We'll, after 9 months of planning, we are finally here. Landed in Orlando around 8:30PM (airport was EMPTY) and we were in our room at CBR by 10:00. However, I'm still up waiting on our luggage from ME. All-in-all, things have gone smoothly thus far. Our first stay at CBR, but it seems nice (can't see much at night, but still seems nice). We are in Jamica 44 (per our request) and the location seems great. Our room is right around the corner from the pool and it faces a nice courtyard. Also, we are a short 4-5 minute walk to the main pool/dining area. DW, DD5 and DS2 are all asleep...yeah me...I get to stay up and unpack all the "stuff"...btw, did I mention we packed everything including the kitchen sink. Apparently, my wife has plans for us to change clothes 3 times per day ;)

Grandparents will arrive in the morning and then we are off to the MK. Will post more as the week goes on...

DH, Evans Family (evansbeach.blogspot.com)
CBR Fall 2009 (current)
Shades of Green Fall 2008
Contemporary Fall 2008
AK Spring 2008
All Star Sport Fall 1999
Yall got here the same night we did! We are in Jamaica 46 right now. Howdy neighbor! :woohoo:

Everyone is in bed, so I'm taking a moment to write a quick post. We started the day at Hollywood and arrived by 9:30AM. It didn't seem that busy to us. We got FP for TS and then did Little Mermaid, Playtime Disney and Great Movie Ride. We then used our FP, then ate lunch, then left the park by 1:00PM (for nap time). After nap we headed to the MK for dinner at LibertyTree Tavern...wow, the food (family style) was much better than I expected. The mac and cheese may just be the best I've ever had. 3 meats, potatoes, dressing, green beans and dessert. We left stuffed! We then did laugh factory (no wait), stitches great escape (no wait), go carts (10 minutes), go carts (10 minutes), used FP for buzz and then headed over to frontier land to watch the parade. It DD5 and DS2's 4th time to see the parage but they still have "wide eyes" throught the whole thing...I love watching their expressions!:cloud9: Tomorrow we are headed to epcot in the morning and then back to hollywood in the evening (for fantasmic). I'm sort of dreading hollywood...I'm scared that the crowds my be nuts based on others reports. We'll see...

good night all, off to get some much needed sleep...!

Wow! We had dinner at LTT last night too! Our time was 7:05 and we got seated around 7:30. Finished up right around Spectromagic time.

Hi Deb, I'm from Clayton, NC too! IASW....

Hope everyone that is there is having a great time! Give Mickey a kiss from me.

Loving your trip report, sounds like you all are having such a great time!
I'm hoping the crowds stay low through next week for us!
How's the weather?

Thank you!

We had a very full day today. We started off the day in Epcot and did the character signings (we love doing this early to avoid the long line). We then got FP to Soarin' and went over to ride nemo/see crush. My mother kept DS2 and did nemo 2 more times while the rest of us went to ride Soarin'...this is still one of my favorite rides...However, I would like to be able to ride on the top just once...6 total rides to date and 5 have been on the botton row. I know...I'm complaining while at Disney...but, I'm just saying it would be nice:confused3

After lunch,we did the boat rides in Mexico and Norway. DW and DS2 headed back to CRB for a nap (DS2 napped for 3 hours!). The rest of us took the boat to Hollywood. The walk around the world was HOT, HOT, HOT. The crowds were picking up, but managable. We got to Hollywood just in time to slip into the back of Indy Jones. We then went over to the Muppets 3D. I have to way, Mickeys Philharmonic is much, much better (In my opinion). We then headed over the the Stunt show...I love this show and my dad did as well. This was the main thing that I wanted him to be able to see and he really seemed to like it. I just love seeing someonse reaction when they show the "secret" in the second red car (I won't spoil it for those that haven't seen the show yet). We did the backstage tour and then the Prince Caspian. We had not done Caspian before...and we won't again. Even if you like the movie a lot, I'm still not sure this is worth it. Finally, we headed to Fantasmic...wow, the crowd was hugh! We got their an hour early and barely got seats (last section was 1/2 full). By the time the show started, even the standing room only section was packed. However, the show was a great as always and my parents loved seeing with my kids (their grandkids).

So, a full full day, but a great day. DW and my mother headed off property to grab some groceries. Tomorrow is a pool day and then we'll head to Epcot for dinner at Germany...we always make sure to eat at the Biergarten (spelling)...it's just a great atmosphere and a good time...I'm still not worthy of a 1 liter beer though... :rotfl2:

In terms of weather...we've gotten a few rain drops in the last 3 days, but mostly just clouds. Today was the hottest and probably got in the low 90's. All in all, it's been great. Of course, we've taken our ponchos into the park each day...therefore, it won't rain...mother nature is waiting for us to forget...

btw, if anyone has any suggestions on booths to try at the food and wine festival, speak up. Last year I had some tamales in mexico and they were incredible! I could spend all evening just eating...

Till tomorrow...

went to ride Soarin'...this is still one of my favorite rides...However, I would like to be able to ride on the top just once...6 total rides to date and 5 have been on the botton row. I know...I'm complaining while at Disney...but, I'm just saying it would be nice:confused3

Just ask next time. You can wait it out until the next ride and then get the top row in the center. It's like asking to be in the front or back of a roller coaster...you just have to ask and then wait a bit.

We spent the day in the room with the exception of a couple hours for lunch and to wait while our room was cleaned. My sister and her family left this morning and now it's time to start our relaxing week.

One of the only foods I eat at the F&W booths is the cheddar cheese soup in Canada.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter