Live out of a suitcase or use the storage in the room

How do you take care of the clothing situation while at the World?

• Live out of the suitcase

• Use the storage spots in the room

• Don't even take a change of clothes

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I'm staying for more than 2 nights, I would unpack. I wipe the drawers first. When we stay in Disney, we unpack because we're there for more than 4 days. I don't want my clothes to be all wrinkled. I'd hang some of my clothes.

We're unpackers. I like to get settled in the first night and organize everything so it's easier to be on the go during the trip without dealing with hunting for things in a suitcase.

We always bring tissue paper to line the drawers with before putting our things away. I hadn't considered adding Lysol wipes to that, but I like the idea of giving the drawers a wipedown before lining them.

I always unpack the suitcase unless there isn't enough room for my things when the 4 of us travel together.

That has happened a few times - once at the CR. there just wasn't enough places for all of our stuff!

Its not about bed bugs with me not unpacking, I just really don't want to put my clothes in a drawer that has a used condom in it. :eek:

Agree with several pp, we wipe down all the drawers, check the beds for bedbugs, wipe down the controllers, knobs, even the sinks, etc. and then we unpack everything. We spend two nights at Universal before checking into Disney and don't unpack at Universal for such a short time but it drives all of us nuts to feel so disorganized. I like feeling at home in the BW or BC villas so we unpack and don't worry about laundry since we use the in room w/d to come home with all clean clothes. As for the bugs, I do a check when we first enter the room and then don't worry since you can pick them up anywhere, even in the seats at many of the shows, so that isn't something we dwell on.

We unpack our clothes. I wipe down the dresser with Clorox wipes and then place unused Bounce dryer sheets to line the bottom of each drawer and place our clothes on top of those. That keeps clothes smelling fresh and serves a drawer liner.

No matter where we stay, the first thing that gets done is a bed check. Kind of scary at times to lift the mattress pad, sheets, etc and look at all the corners of the mattresses! We stayed in a 4 bedroom house at the beach in 2010 and I checked all 5 beds! Even go so far as to use a flashlight! No one is allowed to bring suitcases in until this is done! :lmao:
Even before bed bugs, we always hung up the clothes that we had in our garment bag and left the other clothes in suitcases. Just don't like the idea of putting clothes in drawers where others' clothing has been! Suitcases are never placed on the floor either. I realize bugs can live on chairs and other furniture, but I figure they like the beds and floor the most! Once the bed is checked, then I feel okay about sleeping in them, but still not too crazy about the floor! I had a friend who ended up with bed bugs from a nice chalet and it was horrible! My DH and I are both pretty OCD and keep our suitcase clothing pretty organized. Toiletries and such are unpacked, but the rest is kept in suitcase.

No matter where we stay, the first thing that gets done is a bed check. Kind of scary at times to lift the mattress pad, sheets, etc and look at all the corners of the mattresses! We stayed in a 4 bedroom house at the beach in 2010 and I checked all 5 beds! Even go so far as to use a flashlight! No one is allowed to bring suitcases in until this is done! :lmao:
We started doing that too now. It's really important. :thumbsup2

Quick question. How many of you who reclean the room before you let anyone enter the room, also leave a tip for the housekeeper?

Most hotels I live out of a suitcase, but for some reason while at Disney I unpack! :rotfl2:

I'm the opposite.

I hang up my nice stuff so on my business trips it is all hung up. At Disney I'm in t shirts and shorts o they are in the suitcase.

I unpack and use a drawer or two as well as hangars; my wife lives out of the suitcase.

For the numbers of nights we stay at Disney, I prefer to unpack. Everyone gets their own drawer. As well, when I pack our suitcases I pack some stuff for everyone in each suitcase in the event one of our bags is delayed or lost.

My family always unpacks, my mom gets two shelves and i get one haha, but i get to keep my stuff in the bathroom (shampoo and such). My aunt's family however lives out of suitcases and it is a disaster area haha :)

I always use the storage space at WDW. I don't want to have to think about leaving the World.

We leave our stuff in the suitcases. I don't want to spend time putting stuff away. I just pack in the order we plan to wear the clothes and stick them in a dirty clothes bag each day after wear. We drive, so that probably makes a difference since we each have our own suitcase.

Some of these posts are pretty funny. I work with a person who is a germaphobe or at least borderline. He misses work due to illness several times a year. I don't know if he's a clean freak due to being sick all the time or he gets sick all the time because he's a clean freak and his immunity system nevers gets boosted until he catches something significant. I eat sandwiches with hands that I've wiped on my pants to remove deer blood or fish slime and the only work I've missed due to illness is when my kids brought home chicken pox and I caught it. A little exposure to germs keeps one healthy; quit wiping those drawers out.;)

I have to unpack and organize or else it drives me crazy!!! I always call Mousekeeping for extra hangers and hang most of our shirts/tops up and the rest goes in the drawers. Can't wait to go!!! :thumbsup2

Carla

Both, actually. I wipe down the hangers and hang anything hang-able. But I've heard one too many people say they store dirty laundry in the drawers to want my clean clothes in there too. :scared: So I usually have the small items like underwear and socks and stuff in my largest suitcase and either put it on the luggage stand, or on an available bench or daybed and consider it my "drawer".

It's not exposure to germs I worry about - I just don't want to feel like I'm wearing someone else's dirty underwear . . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter