• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LIVE-Here now at POP! WOW-the RAIN was OMG! updtd 10-12 inc PTR

Just looked at weather.com. Looks like the rain will start tomorrow around 1 and be done by 6 p.m. When we land at 11 p.m. it should be dry and around 75. Better bring a jacket-that's cold for Orlando!;)

Weather for our first full day, Saturday, looks like rain starting early, like 4 a.m. and maybe done by 10 a.m.,then it'll get windy. Hmm, not sure where we are going on our first day, thinking about TL or BB-if the rain ends by 10 then we may still go. It should be around 76 by then, high of 79. Only problem is if there is any lightning then you have to get under shelter and if it happens later in the day they will close the park. I guess we'll have to play it by ear. Maybe we should hit some of the main parks and end our day at EPCOT. They close at 10 with Illuminations at 10 as well. It will be crowded thanks to the F&WF though.

Let's check easywdw.com for crowd calendar, BRB...

YIKES- The weather for the next 10 days is not looking good. Sat.-Mon they are predicting Thunder Showers 40-60% (but hey, that's 60-40% no, right?) But on Monday there is a Tropical Watch in effect. And Tues-Sat. there are Thunder Storms predicted with 40-60% rain, 60% rain Th-Sat.
We will definitely be bringing our ponchos and umbrellas with us everywhere. :umbrella:

At least it will be warm. Lowest will be Sunday, 79 with most days 85-89.

You asked, here's our new shirts.

I got the idea from a shirt I saw at DLR the other day. Yes, it does glow in dark!

104_1332.jpg

Finished shirt

104_1331.jpg

Close up of Mickey

104_1330.jpg

Pattern on shirt-this was the hardest part transferring my drawing to the black shirt. I used the tulle and chalk method-but I used a white pencil instead.

So, what do you think? If you are going when we are there and you see us in our shirts, say "Hi". ;)

URRGGH! I just had to fix my DM's. The cat stepped on it last night. Luckily it wasn't too bad. Just had to redo a few parts.

So was it a smart decision to not pay for Early Bird Check In (EBCI)?

We were at lunch today at the 24 hour mark and I used my DSis' Iphone to check in right at the 24 hour mark. I had a little trouble with the Iphone but on the first leg of our trip we got B6, B8, B9 (the gap was the trouble). Second leg we are A46, A47, and A48.

I did have trouble printing out our Boarding Passes once I got home. Trouble seems to be using Firefox. Internet Explorer worked fine. ;)

So not doing EBCI worked fine for us. :goodvibesI was a little concerned since our flight leaves around noon on a Friday but it worked out fine. Last year I did EBCI for DD and myself. Turns out my DM was only 3-5 numbers behind us on all legs of all flights. So that wasn't really worth the $40 last year which is why I decided to risk it. Coming home may be a little trickier. I usually call my Dsis to check us in at the 24 hour mark but she'll be out of town. I think I'll just bite the bullet and pay the $10 for the internet that day. Or if we are in a park I've read that you can get them to check you in somewhere. Has anyone reading this done it? TIA

Lots to do, I'll report before we leave.

Coming home may be a little trickier. I usually call my Dsis to check us in at the 24 hour mark but she'll be out of town. I think I'll just bite the bullet and pay the $10 for the internet that day. Or if we are in a park I've read that you can get them to check you in somewhere. Has anyone reading this done it? TIA

Lots to do, I'll report before we leave.

As far as I can remember, they checked us in through Disney - DBF and I didn't have to do anything.

You're leaving so soon; good luck and have a great trip!

All of the resorts will check you in. I think you can go to a service area at the parks and they will do it also.
Have a fantastic trip! I am leaving Sunday going in the opposite direction, to Anaheim!

All of the resorts will check you in. I think you can go to a service area at the parks and they will do it also.
Have a fantastic trip! I am leaving Sunday going in the opposite direction, to Anaheim!

Thanks and you have fun too! I think the weather is going to be nicer there than in WDW.

I was pretty sure I read that you can check in at the resorts (not talking about the airline resort check in on the day we leave). Just in case we are at a park at 5 on Monday I'll ask at POP where we can check in at the parks.

We are currently at Denver awaiting our connecting flight. Plane is late. We are leaving 15 minutes late. We also left SNA late. The descent was bumpy, really bumpy!:scared1: The flight attendants did not do a walk thru the cabin for trash, tray tables, or seat backs.

The plane may be oversold by 3 people. My DM is checking to see if they are really offering $300 cash per person and a travel voucher for any time. And will put us up in a hotel for the night and fly us out tomorrow a.m. at 6 a.m. thru Baltimore, arriving in MCO about 3:30.

Here now! Quick report.

Tons of rain on Saturday. 7" in Orlando Sat/Sun.

Did DQ on Sunday.

Went to AK and EPCOT yesterday. Going to TL today.

A few photos

104_2986.jpg

104_2073.jpg

104B1772.jpg

104B1710.jpg

104_2993.jpg

104_3000.jpg

104_3025.jpg

104_3032.jpg

Lobster Roll @ Hops & Barley
104_3015.jpg

Mahi Mahi @ Brazil
104_3010.jpg

Lamb @ Australia

all the food we have sampled so far has been very good!

(I thought I lost this post-so bear with me if you just read post above)

WE ARE HERE NOW!

I'll post a little here about our trip here but I'm going to start a new thread for our Trip Report. I'll post the link here.

Briefly...Both our flights on SW were a little late taking off. That's a first for us.

We had a ton of rain on Saturday and the first half of Sunday. My DM's uncle (91) lives in Orlando and he said it hasn't rained like that for 45 years! :umbrella: According to the news Orlando got 7" of rain in less than 48 hours! It was the worst we have seen and we come in September most of the time.:confused3

But Sunday we sent to Disney Quest at opening and played for about 4 hours. DD12 and I returned later in the night and the crowds had left. No wait for Cyberspace!

Yesterday was very nice. Little drizzle first thing in the a.m. Then cloudly but warm. Hot when the sun came out. We went to AK and later we went to EPCOT. Sampled some of F&WF-all we had was very good. While the walkways around EPCOT were busy, the lines for the kiosks were non-existent. Maybe it was late enought. We didn't arrive until after 7:30. Watch Illuminations from Morocco-great viewing area-Shhh-don't tell anyone. :laughing:

Gotta get ready for TL.

A great couple of days. Good weather. Went to Typhoon Lagoon yesterday. There from opening to close. Walked around before we left and took some photos with my regular camera. I'll post soon.

Took a day off from Disney today (DM insists!). Meet her cousin, 72, who just moved down to Naples for the winter. Then we went to Anna Marie Island. I actually found the same section we visited about 5 years ago. We had our dinner at Bradenton Beach just before sunset. Picked up 2 sandwiches and a salad at EoS. Sandwiches were sitll pretty good. The sunset was beautiful!

Just got back to the room. Planning on Epcot and MK tomorrow.

A few photos from Anna Marie and Bradenton.

wdw2011042.jpg

wdw2011050.jpg

wdw2011107.jpg

wdw2011105.jpg

wdw2011163.jpg

I'll post more tomorrow if I have time before my 24 hours is up!;)

Yes I will. I haven't started it yet-DD and I both caught colds while at WDW. Mine started just a few days before we left so I've been a little slow getting back up to speed. Almost there!

I have managed to update some of the snack info on the Confirmed Snacks thread so at least that's one thing!

A girl after my own heart, cute shoes are included in a pre trip report. :thumbsup2 I am a shoeholic too. And crocs, I love my crocs. In bright pink of course. We'll be at POP too! I requested the Lady building in the 50's section. Right across from Tramp's building. Great beach pics, I love the sunset pic. Your kids are adorable, both daughter and nephew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter