Live from Wyndham Bonnet Creek

ttfn3

DIS Veteran
We checked in late yesterday to WBC - and got a really great room meeting all our requests. We have a 3 BR on the 9th Floor (top) of Building 2 (Torre del Viento). We have a lake view room with a view of the Epcot ball. We missed Epcot's fireworks last night. A plus - tho. was that we were able to see the MK fireworks - tho. from a distance. Cool. The 3 BR units are huge. We are enjoying the balcony with the view of the lake. I walked over to the main building for a newspaper & coffee cream this morning - and saw 12 hot air ballons in the distance over the Waldorf Gold course with the sun rising. Very cool.

Here's one hint for the day. Bring nightlights for the bathrooms - especially if you have kids. It's pretty dark in the condo during the night.

If anyone would like me to check out anything particular while we are here this week - let me know.

Go Bucks!!!

SOunds great!:thumbsup2 I was wondering if it costs anything for local calls from the room? I know there is no charge in Disney but some hotels do charge andwe have never stayed in a time share resort before . Thanks!

Thanks for the night lite tip! I would have not thought of that at all! And we could benefit!

I called the front desk to check if there is a charge for local calls from the room - and there is no charge.

We are staying in a 2br next month & I'd love to know if we could get bedrails for our 2.5 yo?? Thanks :)

Fellow Buckeye here :goodvibes

We arrive Sunday at Bonnet Creek. Staying for only 2 nights then staying onsite for the remainder of our trip. We really wanted to check it out to see if this would be an option for us on future trips instead of getting 2 rooms on site. Thanks for your wonderful review! Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip! :thumbsup2

How do you get 2 or 3 nights at Bonnet Creek? I thought it was all timeshares...and the 3 bedroom sounds great....but we've been spoiled, as we get a 3 bedroom at Grand Beach for $ 900...BC probably runs at least twice that ???

ama223 I called the front desk and asked them if they have bed rails for the beds - and unfortunately they do not.

tjlamphere We paid about that price for our 3 bedroom. It's huge. I'm not sure if this is true. The front desk person told us when we were checking in that the only 3 BR lakeview rooms were in Building 2 and Building 6. I, personally, would be disappointed to have a parking lot view. We really enjoy checking out the resort activity from our balcony. It's been especially nice for my 87 year old father-in-law.

I took the shuttle bus to Epcot today for a solo outing. The 3 generations of boys went golfing at Oak Trails (had a great time). We were here the same week last year - and I can definitely say it's much more crowded at Disney and WBC this year compared to last. The busses were very crowded. It worked ok for me - since I was alone. If the whole family goes to the park - we're driving.

Epcot was really beautiful with all the flowers for the garden festival. I enjoyed meandering through the countries at my own pace. To Buckeyes heading here soon, the weather is great - sunny with a few clouds and 83 degrees today. Sure beats the miserable winter up north.

We ordered Flippers for dinner tonight. It's one of the places that WBC allows to deliver to the Towers. Only took 45 minutes for delivery - and it sure beats heading out to the crowded area restaurants. The front desk area near the concierge desk had menus.

Thanks for checking in and offering your help. I'd like to know what exercise equipment is available (treadmill/elliptical/bike?) at WBC. Thank you! :goodvibes

violetrose I have seen 2 workout rooms. Building 6 has a small workout room with treadmills, eliptical, exercise bike, and some weight equipment. The main building also has a workout room with similar equipment. Looks like nice, fairly new equipment. The big activity is walking/running around the lake in the morning. Lots of people out and about.

Disneyforus Yes - we got the box. We'll be adding a few items to it - and sending quite a bit on to the next people in line. It was a nice surprise when we checked in :)

We're planning on spending most of the day by the pool tomorrow. We're debating renting one of the cabanas for the day. It's $25 for the day during the week, and $50 for the day on the weekend. It has shade, some reclining chairs, a refrigerator and a TV. - Or we may just decide to grab some chairs early with shade nearby. We're traveling with my 87 year old father-in-law and he's having a ball talking to everyone at the pool! If you are traveling with some one with limited mobility, I highly recommend renting a scooter. We rented one for the week - and it was one of the best decisions we made. It's made it much easier for my FIL to get around the resort. He's enjoyed his rides around the lake this week.

Oh - if you want an activity schedule for your room - you can ask for a schedule from the activities desk. Use it with the map they give you at check-in to see where the activities are for the day.

Thanks for the updates. Do they have anything up about Easter. I am wondering if they will be having anything special thru the day for the kids?

sounds great. could i ask who you booked with? top floor sounds really great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter