Live from the PC Terminal 8/2/11

Thanks LeiLani! I will try to update on DH's droid. We are about to board the DCL bus at the Poly. It departs at 11:30.

Droids RULE!!!! Can't wait to see if you get the anticipated "DCL bus fastpass" benefit - and if so what you observe while going by the "standby" line. ;)

Arrived at the terminal from WDW in our own car. Pulled up about 10:45 and were allowed to unload and go into terminal right at 11:00. Our port arrival time via online check-in was 2:00.

We were thru security and checked in at terminal by 11:30. CM at check-in said she would move us up from boarding group 33 to group 20. They are currently boarding up to group 6.

Has been a VERY smooth experience and now we just hope for good weather! :)

My TA is cruising today -- they have said DCL was not even letting luggage be dropped off prior to 11am. They posted a picture of the VERY long line of cars waiting to get into the actual terminal area. They said cars were just going in circles and finally about 10:50 cars gave up and just started lining up. My guess is that busses today will not get there any sooner looking at the long line of car in the picture they posted.

Arrived at the terminal from WDW in our own car. Pulled up about 10:45 and were allowed to unload and go into terminal right at 11:00. Our port arrival time via online check-in was 2:00.

We were thru security and checked in at terminal by 11:30. CM at check-in said she would move us up from boarding group 33 to group 20. They are currently boarding up to group 6.

Thanks for the updates! Did the CM mention how your group 33 was assigned? How crowded was the terminal when you arrived since it sounds like you should have been one of the first folks there.

So it sounds like they are NOT enforcing the port arrival time ... just the parking lot opening time ... :confused3

So this tells me they are NOT enforcing port arrival times. Just opening the port later. I wish Disney would stop saying one thing and allowing something else. Why put out all these details about port arrival times and not enforce it on day one? They create their own confusion.

So does boarding start at 11am also then? If you were checked in by 11:30 and they were boarding up to group 6, I am assuming so?
Thanks for the updates

So to get it straight...even though you had an check-in time of 2pm, they still let you check in and now you wait? Isn't that still going to create a backlog of people waiting around the terminal?

I have not check my arrival time in a few weeks to see if it changed, but it was 10:30am. We will be there on the 25th of August. It sounds to me that if we arrive about 11:30am it would probably be after the rush.
Of course, I want to be on the ship asap.

Happy Crusing to everyone today, I pray your weather is good.

Any other post of todays experience would be appreciated.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My TA is cruising today -- they have said DCL was not even letting luggage be dropped off prior to 11am. They posted a picture of the VERY long line of cars waiting to get into the actual terminal area. They said cars were just going in circles and finally about 10:50 cars gave up and just started lining up. My guess is that busses today will not get there any sooner looking at the long line of car in the picture they posted.

I saw that picture on Facebook, and that car line was on the road from the bridge before even getting to the intersection that turns you right toward the parking/ terminal. That's a long back up!

I saw that picture on Facebook, and that car line was on the road from the bridge before even getting to the intersection that turns you right toward the parking/ terminal. That's a long back up!

OMGosh! Can you post a pic? DH will never cruise again if we run into something like that!:eek:

If anyone is coming on a shuttle from a Port hotel, I would appreciate hearing if hotels have been told not to run their 10:30 shuttles until 11:00. I made a 10:30 shuttle appointment long ago. We sail in about a week, so I'm curious.

Which TA page was this on? Thanks!

Got back to PC at 10:50. Checked in and boarded at 11:30. Will post later about what I found out.

Got back to PC at 10:50. Checked in and boarded at 11:30. Will post later about what I found out.

Boarded at 11:30? Does this mean for the kids there is no more Captain Mickey and Crew in the terminal for photo OPS? Thats something my son looks forward to each time we go. Sounds like there is no time for that now in the terminal.

That sounds perfect! What boarding group were you? Any indication group number was assigned based on reserved check-in time?

Boarded at 11:30? Does this mean for the kids there is no more Captain Mickey and Crew in the terminal for photo OPS? Thats something my son looks forward to each time we go. Sounds like there is no time for that now in the terminal.

When we cruised in May, the terminal was so crowded and the lines so long, we would have been waiting past when our boarding group number was called to see Mickey.

Thanks, for the update. Have they mentioned is your itinerary changing due to TS Emily??

I believe DVC4US is either platinum or sailing concierge to be able to check in and board that early. Neither of those groups have assigned port arrival times and are the first group to board the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter