• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live From The Magic!!!

glad to hear you trip is going great! Thanks for all the updates I will be checking in often as we are leaving on our first cruise next month. I am a 16 year old girl (writing from my moms name) and we just wondering if your daughter had any tips she could give me? Also, is she enjoying the Stack? I have heard a lot of negative things about it lately. Thanks and have a great day on the ship!

Best wishes for continued good weather!!!

Hi disneymom (16 year old)

I CAN"T get my 16 DD to go to the stack!!! I wish she would because it looks fun to me. She just sits in the internet and talks to friends back home on instant messaging! Boring....whatever!@!###When you go do your parents a favor and get involved with the teen activities! Having a BLAST!!!!
Later... off to lay in the sun again.............

Thanks so much for taking the time to write to us.
Teenagers! We have one ourselves - can't figure them out.
This will make you feel better - snow flurries in PA today.
Looking forward to more reports.

WOW! Thanks for the reports, our first cruise in 12 days and hearing from you makes it all that much more exciting and real. Have a blast!

Sounds like your're having lots of fun! Thanks for keeping us informed!

Thanks for the update of your daughter! I plan to get as involved as I can and make some friends on my cruise. I don't plan on going on the computers at all!! Thanks again, this just encourages me more to get involved! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Sounds like a blast!! We will be sailing in 18 days!!
Thanks for taking the time to post, I am tickled to have found these boards!

WISHING YOU FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS (EX NAVY YA KNOW)...OR IS THAT CAVIER DREAMS...DISNEY DREAMS....Anyway have a great time!
NSwift :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Me again!
I decieded to try to post everyday cause I remember what it was like being back at home dreaming of my trip and I would read this board hoping someone would do this. Besides it gets me away from the DH and 2 teen DD and I can rest. Whew!

Last night was dinner in Parrot Cay. (We have the late dinner and this worked out real good for us because we are from the northwest and because of the time difference we would have never been hungry at 6:30.)
The dinner was WONDERFUL!! Our servers really make the difference! They have jokes, riddles and magic tricks which makes it even more fun.

Today was St. Maarten. We went to the butterfly garden on our own. Personally I would not recommend it. We paid $24 each way in the taxi and $40 to get in the place. Almost $100 for a family of 4 and not worth it. I thought any zoo butterfly farms are WAY better! Oh well live and learn!

Then we went shopping! Reminds me somewhat of Mexico, but they arn't as high pressure as some Mexican cities.

I did buy a beautiful pink saffire,black opal ring. You should see it !! You have to buy jewlery here. It was origanally $925, I got it for $300.

Ok gotta go and check my damage I did to my credit card now.
Talk to everyone later.....:wave:

Thanks for the info on the Butterfly Farm, we were thinking about doing that excursion but will think twice about it now. Any info on other excursions would be great.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the updates!!!!

I'm glad you are having a "MAGICal" time. Do you have any excursions planned for St. Thomas/St. John?

My family & I are doing the Eastern In May. We are very excited!!!!!!

Looking forward to reading more of your updates.

Lisa

<font color=darkviolet>Thanks so much for these reports :teeth: ! We are on the next Eastern (3/20) so I am paying careful attention to everything you say. What was the weather like in St. Martin? I am very curious about the weather you will have all week. Thanks again for taking the time to post. </font>

Your jewelry sounds beautiful! I hope you had fun in St. Thomas! How's the weather?

I missed getting any shots of the Magic on the St. Thomas cam, sorry.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday. We were on the go from 5:30 am.
Had to go to the immagration. That was no fun, but you have to do it. Then after that we had to meet for our 5 star trunk bay snorkle excursion. It was alot of hurry up and wait. We had to tender in since the magic didn't dock. This takes up precious time.
We were off to St. John Trunk Bay. This is the MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH I have ever seen!!!! I tried to snorkle but I drank to much sea water....yuk! So I just layed on the beach and enjoyed every minute of it!
IF you get a chance do this excursion even if you don't want to snorkle.
Shopping in St. Thomas is great too! If you can save your money and buy your jewlery in St. Thomas instead of St. Maarten.
St. Maarten is too much like Mexico to me.

Last night was Palo's. Very good! Do Palo's too!
Gotta go now. Hubby is waiting for me. I will check back later. Oh and the weather has been 70's -80's nice!!!

Hi minimouse43!!

Thanks for the live reports, we are boarding the Magic on Saturday, I guess we will just miss you!

Please post any info you can, I am eating it up!! Can't wait to get there!!

deco

I agree about Trunk Bay (in St. John). I keep a picture of it on my refrigerator year round. We've been there 3x and we love Trunk Bay!!! Best wishes at CC! Hopefully the weather will be good in the Bahamas!! (We'll be there soon!!!)

Thanks for the live reports! It is fun to read what is going on. We too LOVED Trunk Bay when we were on our Eastern cruise.

I agree the immigration routine is very EARLY. And yes, it is part of the deal.

Enjoy your last day at Castaway! Hope you have AWESOME weather.

Wishing you WONDERful weather and a MAGICal day at CC today!!! :D

Hello again!
This will be my last post since we have to go :(((
Last night we had VERY rough seas! I thought I was going to fall out of my bed a couple of times and we are in the middle of the ship rm. 8540. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I were in the front or the back of the ship the way it was rocking last night! I heard chairs failing over closet doors opening and shutting. (Bring duck tape to stop the closet doors from opening because when they do open in rough seas the light comes on and wakes everyone up).
This morning we woke up to a beautiful sunrise and calm seas...
Castaway Cay top them all. It is exactly like the advertise.
BEAUTIFUL! The weather was fantastic!~ 75 degrees. The water is a little cool until you get used to it but nice.
We went on a bike ride around noon then my DD 11 got her hair braided, OUCH it really hurts I guess. She had a coke can she was holding and by the time she was done with the braiding the coke can was all smashed up! It was kinda funny! I could handle staying on this beach for a few days!
If you like trunk bay in St. John you will love Castaway Cay!
Gotta go and pack now.. time flew by sooooo fast!!! Everyone enjoy when you have your magical trip! I know I sure did!
Linda:sunny: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter