Live From The Magic!!!

minimouse43

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone!
I promised you all that I would post when I was on the ship. I thought I would return the favor to you since I learned so much from this board.
Here are some of my thoughts and things I noted for all of you new cruisers.....
First make sure you bring one of those over the door shoe holders to put all your makeup and whatever else in! It really makes it nice. Also I noticed in the bathrooms there is only one plug in. It does not take the kind of plugs that have a ground on one side. It is to fat to fit in the slot so we have to use the plug in out by the TV. Bring an extension cord, the kind that has extra plugs. That is what we did and that was a life saver especially with my teen DD 16 daughter with all of her curling irons and stuff!
We had a hectic day yesterday. If you want massage appts. get that done first. I waited in line for 1 hr!!
Dinners was at Lumires last night and was GREAT!!
For all of you who are just thinking about cruising, DO IT!!!!!
Today we are at sea and it is about 75 degrees at 9am.
Can't get any better than this! Oh.. and yesterday it was sooooo cool we saw dolphins swimming and jumping next to the ship almost as if they wer trying to race the ship!!!
A special thanks to Taralee for making me a sign for my door!!!
Ok I gotta go now to breakfast and lay out in the sun.
I will try to post later....:sunny: :wave:

Oh wow! Thanks for posting. Have a great trip. Dolphins and sun? Sounds like Magic to me!

Ursula

Thanks for the live report, hope to hear more, "IF", you get a chance. I posted some photos of the ship in port and passing by Two Palms on your Cruise Meets thread.

Thanks for posting. Sounds like you are enjoying your first day on board. Wow, you waited an hour to make an appointment.

Did you try to get ressie's for Palo's and were you able to get the times you wanted? Was that a long wait too?

We are on the ship in five weeks and appreciate your live reports!

Thanks for posting, I dont think I can stand the wait much longer. I want to be laying on the deck with my konk kooler!

yes I went to get palo reservations first. Yes I got the times I wanted. I would go first to get the reservations whichever is the most important to you.
If anyone has more questions I will try to check back later:wave:

:sunny: Sounds like you have having a wounderful time. Thanks for taking the time out to post.:boat:

Sounds like you're off to a great start on your cruise.

Enjoy - Enjoy - Enjoy!!!!

Formal night is tonight . . . I wish I were back there again!

Lisa

So glad you are having a great time......75 degrees at 9am, sunny, dolphins, whooohoooo! It sounds like paradise on earth to me....can't wait to be in your shoes. Thanks for the live report. :sunny: :wave2:

Thanks for posting...........end enjoy the cruise! I hope you got the "unlimited package" at the Internet Cafe if you are going to be on-line quite a bit.;)

We did on the 4 day last week and kept in touch with our 17 DD back home. It was well worth the $39 on the 4 day cruise.::yes::

curious as to how the life boat drill and sail away went yesterday with all the smoke around. Let us know when you get a chance!

It is great to hear you're having a fantastic time so far.

Wishing you sunny :sunny: weather and calm seas!

Thanks for posting while on your vacation and I hope that you have great weather all week long and a wonderful vacation!!

Thanks for the updates!
I am also curious about the lifeboat drill with all that smoke we saw on the port cam.
Have a great time:sunny:

Thanks for the ray of sunshine from the ship!! Dolphins, sunny weather and a pool....
Enjoy!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce:

Does anyone know what all that smoke was from? I got pictures of it and it looked like a forest fire. Not sure what is was though.
The boat drill went good with no problems. The sun was blocked for a few minutes because of the smoke. Sure was alot of smoke.
I will check back later!! and yes I do have the internet package I have to with a DD 16 with a boyfriend back home!!!
Talk to ya later!! Off to formal night..........:sunny: :teeth:

Here's the scoop from a DIS'er in the Merritt Island area...
PorterBob

he fire was a controlled burn. They have to do this from time to time to control the underbrush. If they didn't do this it would be harder to fight with limited access to overgrown areas. Nothing to worry about. Also, most of the smoke was clearing the terminal and I don't think it would have affected the sail away party

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=522800

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter