Live from the Magic 1/21-1/28

leejay22

Mouseketeer
Hi! Can't believe it's my turn to actually post live from the ship! We had a wonderful day yesterday for the sailaway party. Judy - we had a sign up for you, I hope you saw it! The kids loved dancing (DD 7, DS5, DS3). We met up with a bunch of fellow disboarders - we all have our neon green bracelets on that we ordererd from reminderband.com. It's fun to put names with faces!

The weather is brightening. It was very overcast this am but better now. 8-13 ft waves so we are pitching around a bit. But luckily, none of us are suffering ill effects! The Captain did come on and say it was going to be rough tomorrow with higher winds.

DH and I tried the exotic rasul this morning. Great fun! It's great to throw mud and not have to clean it up! :thumbsup2

The olders kids are in the clubs. Youngest one didn't last more than 2 hours - but we think he's just a bit overwhelmed. We'll try again when we go to Palo for brunch tomorrow.

We have a cat. 2 stateroom. Beautiful! The balcony is so big - it's great. We were out on it yesterday when we say the last bags come on. Luckily the one on top was ours! Delta lost it and we thought our boys were going to have no clothes for the week. It went to Tallahasee and they managed to get in on the 1 pm flight and drive it over. We had pixie dust thankfully but no a fun way to start the trip!

They are starting the auction behind me - it's a bit noisy! They have the original sign that was outside the Flight of Peter Pan ride. The scroll like sign with the amount of time that you have to wait for the ride. Very cool!

I'm off to the Golden Mickeys matinee and then it's formal night in Lumiere's.

Cheers!

How exciting! Thanks for the post - we watched you sail off last night from the Radisson cruisecam - I was jealous!! We'll be getting on as you're getting off so take good care of the Magic for us!! ;)

Please keep filling us in on your little ones. Mine are 3 & 4 and I am hoping that they will be entertained at least for a little bit at the club. :banana:

Stay warm, here is some pixie dust for calm seas :tink: and don't drink all the wine before we get there! :rotfl2:

Thanks for checking in. We love hearing live reports from the ship. Have a MAGICal week!

Have a MAGICal cruise!! We will be getting on when you get off...

Wishing you great weather :sunny: , smooth seas :sail: , and lots of fun! :dancer: party: :cool1: :yay:

:wave2: Thanks for sending your message. I am new to the board but we love to cruise. We have been on 9 cruises but not on a Disney Ship. It sounds like there is something for everyone. We have 5 grandkids-ages 1yr. to 10. We would love to take them on a cruise. I would love to hear how the trip is day by day if you get a chance.

Grandma who loves Disney. :cool1:

:yay: Keep sending out your reports looking forward to reading them. Have a great trip.

Denise

I just got off the magic on Saturday and I miss my ship SO MUCH! It was a beautiful day in Port Canaveral when we disembarked, so I assumed you had a lovely sail away. Ours was COLD and WINDY! We also had some very rough seas (13-20 feet) with Gale force winds. But amazingly, the really bad seas were only during the night time sleeping hours. We had some rainy, windy days and some gorgeous days (our CC day could not have been better! :thumbsup2 ).

I hope you have a GREAT trip! Who is your servers? And who replaced Pikey (he left for vacation at the end of our trip)?

Keep the updates coming so I can relive my vacation through you! :yay:

I will be on the 2/25 cruise and was wondering if anyone knows or can find out who the Cruise Director will be ?

leejay22--
Enjoy your cruise! We were on the 1/7 Eastern in a Cat. 2. Are Arnaldo and Dania your concierges? If so, could you tell Dania that Jack (the boy that had a crush on her 2 weeks ago) says hi and talks about her non-stop -- she made quite an impression on him! :love:

Can't wait to hear more about your trip -- here's hoping for calm seas and sunny skies!
:sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Seems like it was just yesterday I was on the Magic. Oh yeah, it was yesterday!! I was also officially the last person off the ship thanks to a scavenger hunt for my license.
Thanks so much for the live posting. I'm thinking about rebooking an Eastern for next January, so I'm anxious to hear about your trip. I don't like the idea of only two ports or that whole imigration thing.
I hope the weather is wonderful!!
Lots of contract chnages and vacations were starting to happen this week on the Magic.

It's a pretty morning today as we make our way to St. Martin/Maarten. The winds are very strong and it was a VERY bumpy night. My DD was a bit freaked out by all the creaking and shifting in our cabin. But after a full day of activities - it didn't take her long to get to sleep!

The water in the pools are slushing out all over the place so I don't imagine that we will be swimming again (they haven't been in the pool yet!). It was just too crowded the first afternoon and too rough yesterday.

We tried to for the matinee but ended up napping/resting instead. A vacation perk! :p We did have tea with Alice and the Mad Hatter. It was short - only about 20 minutes which actually was good. My son was picked as the White Rabbit's replacement but then didn't want to be up there, so I was asked to come up and join them. I thought the Mad Hatter was going to pour tea all over my knee! :rotfl: My youngest just enjoyed the cookies! You get to stay afterwards and have a pic taken with them.

Then we got ready for formal night and headed to the Captain's reception for pics. DD had "met" him earlier during a Q/A with him at the kids' club.

Dinner was at Lumiere's and the ambience was lovely. I wasn't blown away by the food but it was nice to be pampered. We headed back to change for the Golden Mickeys - didn't want to be in our gowns and finery. A lot of people did the same. I asked what the deal was with the camera in the foyer of the theater and a nice gentleman explained that they were doing a live pre-show and if I wanted my kids on, bring them over here. So we did and my Mom and I went to sit and watch them on the big screens while DH and my Dad stayed and took their photos. They did well - giving their names, where they were from, ages and who their fav characters are (of course, I had DD-3 in a Thomas the Tang Engine pajama outfit instead of Disney - oops!) :blush: The show was great and I can't believe they do all that while the ship is rolling and pitching!

DD and I went to the after-show party and danced for a bit, then to Shutters to see our photos and back to change into her PJs. Even though it was 10:15, I let her go to the lab for a girl's "chillz" party. Everyone else was asleep, so I read my book and tried to stay awake until I returned the promised hour later! ;) She had a great time. Laurie, from NZ (a man), let them dress him up and do his make-up. She thought this was hysterical.

At the moment, I'm sitting in the Cove - a much nicer place to check messages. With my coffee of course! I've got to go down and wake everyone as DD has hair braiding and then the adults are off to Palo for brunch! One thing, with all this motion, we all sleep really well!

Thanks for all your messages. And I will be sure to telll Arnaldo and Dania hello from Jack!

4Goofys4Dis said:
How exciting! Thanks for the post - we watched you sail off last night from the Radisson cruisecam - I was jealous!! We'll be getting on as you're getting off so take good care of the Magic for us!! ;)

Please keep filling us in on your little ones. Mine are 3 & 4 and I am hoping that they will be entertained at least for a little bit at the club. :banana:

Stay warm, here is some pixie dust for calm seas :tink: and don't drink all the wine before we get there! :rotfl2:
And that was us last week - watching on the cams. The first thing I said was, I can't believe that someone else is watching us now!

My 3 year old is having a ball - but definitely overwhelmed by some of it. He normally doesn't take a nap but it was in order yesterday. My other son just turned 5 two weeks ago - and he loved the club. Did not want to leave!

Lizdisdog said:
I will be on the 2/25 cruise and was wondering if anyone knows or can find out who the Cruise Director will be ?
I am assuming it's the same one as now, Rachel from England. I will try to ask if I see her. :thumbsup2

goofymama said:
I just got off the magic on Saturday and I miss my ship SO MUCH! It was a beautiful day in Port Canaveral when we disembarked, so I assumed you had a lovely sail away. Ours was COLD and WINDY! We also had some very rough seas (13-20 feet) with Gale force winds. But amazingly, the really bad seas were only during the night time sleeping hours. We had some rainy, windy days and some gorgeous days (our CC day could not have been better! :thumbsup2 ).

I hope you have a GREAT trip! Who is your servers? And who replaced Pikey (he left for vacation at the end of our trip)?

Keep the updates coming so I can relive my vacation through you! :yay:
Glad you had a good time. I was reading reports from your trip and did expect it to be rough. I was prepared with the ginger altoids and pills but it's been okay.

I think Pikey is still here - I heard him announcing bingo yesterday!

Our servers are Mario and Rachel (although she was ill yesterday and now we're missing our steward Don who just returned from his break visiting his kids in Trinidad/Tobago).

leejay22 said:
And that was us last week - watching on the cams. The first thing I said was, I can't believe that someone else is watching us now!

My 3 year old is having a ball - but definitely overwhelmed by some of it. He normally doesn't take a nap but it was in order yesterday. My other son just turned 5 two weeks ago - and he loved the club. Did not want to leave!

Thanks so much for the update!! I expect both of mine will nap every day, giving us a chance to rest too!! :faint: Is your 3 YO able to go in the kids club - does he want too? Fortunately, my DS and DD will be together in the club - I hope they'll want to stay for a little bit. :teeth: Did your sons stay up that late too? Or did they end up crashing early?

Have FUN! We are thinking of you every day and THANK YOU SOOOO much for posting for us! Have a FUN day tolday at Palo!!

DH and I are on the cruise also. We are having a fabulous time and I do not want it to end. The seas are quite rough like Lisa said, but we are having no problem at all. Leo from India and Oksana from Russia are our servers and I love them. We have WONDERFUL tablemates so we are very, very lucky. We have 8:15 seating with the PLAPLA rotation...PERFECT! We are in 6634 which is one of the obstructed hull verandahs that is cat. 6 at cat. 7 price. I would have this cabin again and the verandah is very cozy. Make sure you meet with your fellow DISers when cruising cuz it adds a whole new dimension to your trip when you run into your friends.

If anyone has any questions, ask away. I am now becoming experienced!!!

Oh and check in at the port is easy. I was soooo happy when we received #2 for boarding. Everything just falls into place, especially when all of your docs are filled out and ready to go. My DH was amazed how much knowledge I received from the DIS boards. All of the research has paid off. He gave me the funniest look when I brought out the over the door shoe thingy, but quickly figured out what it is for.

leejay22 said:
Glad you had a good time. I was reading reports from your trip and did expect it to be rough. I was prepared with the ginger altoids and pills but it's been okay.

I think Pikey is still here - I heard him announcing bingo yesterday!

Our servers are Mario and Rachel (although she was ill yesterday and now we're missing our steward Don who just returned from his break visiting his kids in Trinidad/Tobago).

Please tell Don hello from the Graves family. He had just found out about the new baby on our cruise last year. The kids were so sad when they couldn't say hello last month. We will be back next December though in his section on deck 7 so are looking forward to seeing him then. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter