Live from the July 5th Magic!!!

Just finished reading your excellent "live" post. I can't believe it's all over. Just a few comments of my own:
For all those who are interested in Stingray City, I can't begin to tell you how great an excursion it is! We booked privately with Capt. Marvin's and they are a real first class operation. I am petrified of all animals, so it was really a very frightening experience at first, but once we all got used to the little(?) creatures, it was fabulous. Part of the fun was listening to everyone shriek (male and female alike) when they first got into the water. Once I got used the situation, I even fed one of the stingrays and let one of the guides rub one over my back...you can't imagine how weird that feels! We did the short trip which gave us about 2 hours on or in the water. For me, that was perfect as I am not a sun person and even with sunblock, managed to get a bit of a burn.
A comment about ordering chocolate souffles from your regular servers...... Before all of you start planning to do this (and I'm sure Sandy will agree because he ordered them BEFORE he took the galley tour), I'm going to add my unsolicited 2 cents worth and recommend that you NOT do this. We took the galley tour on Thursday (sea day) and it really made you realize just how very hard those servers work and what a mob scene it must be throughout the kitchens at dinnertimes. Having seen this, I could not in good conscience ask my server to take on any more responsibilities than he already has.
A word about trying to get into Palo if yo're not 18......don't waste your time. My son will be 18 this week and even though we already had reservations booked, they checked his documents and called to say he couldn't come. When I asked if they would allow us since we were planning on celebrating his birthday early, they said even if it were a matter of one day they would still disallow it. We were disappointed of course but do understand that they have to draw the line somewhere and didn't let it get us down. My older daughter opted to dine that night with my son so only my husband and I went to Palo. It was wonderful as usual, but I was a little taken by surprised when I saw quite a few empty tables which remained empty throughout the evening and the fact that the solo male diner across from us was wearing a sloppy shirt, shorts and deck shoes! To the credit of the wait staff they treated him just as cordially had he been in a tux, but I certainly did not enjoy looking at him during my meal.
That's all I can think of to add to Sandy's great report.....if anybody has any other questions, fire away.

Jeanne (and everyone else) - sorry we didn't get a chance to say goodbye, but being as I know I'll see you guys on the boards and some of you next year, I'm not as sad.

Good point about the souffle. I didn't make the galley tour, so you just told me something I didn't realize. My suggestion - if you want the souffle, book Palos. You'll be happy you did.

Hi Sandy,
I also felt bad about not saying goodbye to anyone unless we accidentily ran into them. We were so exhausted from getting everything packed and outside by 11pm we never did make it back down to Beat Street. (We were also quite burned from CC),
Give my regards to Judy and the kids......8/7/04 isn't all that far away!
Just goes to show you....don't ever believe a word I say! I haven't even opened my suitcases to begin unpacking, and already I'm posting! (it's a sickness........) I figure I'll hang out just a little bit so I can post some feedback and whatnot and then I'll just fade into the sunset until 2/7/04! Ha-ha, and while I'm at it, do I have a bridge to sell you! Tomorrow, I'm going to count how many of the original families on your list actually ended up making themselves known and post it so other groups will know what to expect. Right now, I've got to get busy with laundry and unpacking. Thanks for making it a great week....see you all soon!
Jeanne

just got all my pix developed today..saw more fish then I have ever seen at castaway cay, but don't know the names of fish and as I looked them up on the internet while veiwing my pixs one is a -get this- BARRACUDA! Yes, in the roped area and I came face to face with it so that I could get a good pix. I had no idea, I had heard people talk of seeing them at the adult beach.

Great cruise..great weather..great food(only gained 7 pounds)

Sorry I missed all you disers just to busy with my family.

sigh. We just got home, and I don't think I could be any sadder! It helps to think of 8/7/04, but even so...it's so depressing when the time comes to go home! I had such a fun time! If anyone would like to know what there is for the teenagers on board please ask any questions!

Anything new for the teens. We last cruised 7/2001 so just wondering...My 2 older sons are 17 and 15...this will be our last cruise for my oldest as a teen.

We got home at 2:00 am yesterday morning and are very sad too. We had a great trip! The Magic was just as wonderful as I remembered! The only complaint we had was there were not enough activities for the 20+ year olds on board. The girls had a great time together, met lots of people, and made it fun for the 4 parents tagging along with them. We all loved the snorkling, saw lots of fish, such clear water! After all the planning and the excitement, it's hard to believe it's all over. I can still feel a little ship movement in my head, so I guess the pixie dust is still with me!

Thanks to all of you for the live reports. Its the next best thing to being there.

I'm curious what the movies were this past week. We leave this coming Sat!!!!! Glad to hear the reports - it helps since we are up next!

I don't have my navigator handy but these are the ones I remember:
Finding Nemo, Pirates of the Carribean, Lizzie McGuire, Bringing Down the House, Chicago, Harry Potter movie(2nd one), Holes, Shanghai Knights, Treasure Planet and several others for the kids which I don't remember.

Umich cruiser: Sorry I didn't get to meet you or your traveling buddies. I thought we might spot one another on the Tulum excursion, but I never imagined they'd have so many different buses going on the one trip. I did wear my green Mickey attached to my traveling bag the entire week!

We're still unpacking, but I do have the movie list. Right now I also remember The Recruit.

I agree with Diane. There needs to be something more for the college age/young adult group. My 18-year old daughter was too old for Common Grounds and with out a place to hang out, it was harder to meet people her own age.

Sandy,

I bet Jared would have loved for her to come to the Kid's club with him. He really took a liking to her.

Amy

P.S. Laundry's done!!!!

tez b- for the teens there is Common Grounds, which im sure they've been too if you cruise in '01. I wasnt able to go last time, so I dont know if anything changed. But they have a lot of activities planned, and you can always just hang out there with friends. Almost every night they had a dance, which were a lot of fun. It's a great place to meet other teens your age. I had a lot of fun.

Sandy, thanks for writing to DU and getting an answer about the number of bookings and the gift.

jeanneg: We sure seemed busy all the time, I saw some people who I thought might be from the boards, but wasn't sure. Tulum was HOT, wasn't it! I also was surprised how many people there were there. Our guide was Hugo, who loved to talk! Our best day was at Grand Cayman. We booked a catamaran to Stingray City, Coral Gardens, and the reef. There were only 13 of us on the cat so we had lots of time, saw lots of fish, lobster and eel. On the way back to the island, they put up sails and we had lunch while our captain got out his guitar and sang. It was wonderful!

Diane - sorry it wasn't the asnwer we wanted. I'm glad we finally got to meet you and Judy, even if it was for the last night.

joanb - even though we didn't get to meet, I understand that my daughter, Elana, did meet your daughter. Sorry about the medical problems, but I'm glad it all got worked out.

Thanks for the movie update. Some I/We haven't seen yet so something more to look forward to!

gometros-I think it was the family from Tenn or KY that had med problems when boarding. I did have one to get sick on board but it was a cold that he had probably contracted before boarding. We had a wondreful trip and it sure is hard coming home to do laundry, cookong and cleaning.

My teen daughter did meet some other from this board.

Did anyone see the barracuda at castaway snorkle lagoon? I got a picture of it-if I had know what it was I doubt that I would have gotten so close to snap a photo. I saw more than I have in the past at Castaway cay.

Missed all you walker, but then I only walked Sunday.

joanb: I don't know who else had medical problems before boarding, but they sent my daughter to the emergency room to get clearance to board ship. We almost did not make it. We boarded the ship at 4:35p.m. no picture....no announcing our name :( ANYWAYS: We did see barracuda!!! Had to go ask the lifeguards to make sure we were seeing what we thought we were seeing. He confirmed. We did not have our underwarter camera so don't have the proof. We also saw some huge fish called Grouper or something.

Hope you had a wonderful trip.

Lisa

Oh ya...we signed up for the December 11, 2004 Eastern 7 day. Our room will be 6048. I saw that one of the DISers from our cruise had that room. If you're out there....any feedback??

Dis mama- we also saw a HUGE black fish but it swam away before I got a photo but do have the barracuda photo!

Glad you made it aboard for a fantasical( is that a word?)magical cruise!
Joan

we haven't booked but I'd be ready to go in a minute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter