Live from the Dream 8/25 Sailing

We are sailing Sept. 1 and Sept 4. I really hope they get CC fixed up enought to visit. They have a week until out first CC day. Fingers are crossed!

Let me know if you make it. Here or on the wedding thread. My cc wedding is supposed to be on 9/17.

just popping in quick to let you know that in addition to the damage on the island the channel that the Dream takes into CC needs to be redredged, the ship can't even get to the island with the current channel's condition

good luck to the future cruisers that the repairs are quick

That stinks. We are leaving 9/4 and were looking forward to CC, guess need to look at positive side, things could be MUCH MUCH worse and we are traveling on a Disney Cruise with the kids. We'll still have fun. ;)

just popping in quick to let you know that in addition to the damage on the island the channel that the Dream takes into CC needs to be redredged, the ship can't even get to the island with the current channel's condition

Did you see this for fact somewhere. I haven't seen anything except speculation so far, so I was wondering where you might have learned this?

:scared1: Just under 7 weeks until our CC day. Anyone know how long it took Disney to dredge the channel before? :confused3

I would have sworn he said Capt. John, but I know I heard Anderson, so he must have said Henry. I was more interested in what he had to say than his name LOL!

No CC tomorrow, back to Nassau--ugh! Once is bad enough, but since we are on a B2B we are looking at at least 3 visits to Nassau, and if we can't get to CC on Monday, 4? Ewww---

Pirate party was completely washed out by a massive downpour. Came and went in a flash, but enough to send everyone scrambling for cover! Weather is not giving us a good time!

Yes, the Sensation headed for Key West, too bad we didn't. That ship was really rocking in the waves last night!

Did a little retail therapy and got me a DCL Dooney to ease the pain! LOL--actually since excursions were cancelled, I had a little extra something to spend!:laughing:

Okay, time to get kiddos ready for bed, they are beat! Night all!

Everything happens for a reason:) You were meant to have that purse:thumbsup2 Well...that's what I would tell my husband anyway

I cannot imagine being onboard in a storm....very frightening as far as I am concerned:(

We are sailing Sept. 1 and Sept 4. I really hope they get CC fixed up enought to visit. They have a week until out first CC day. Fingers are crossed!

I'm with you! Our first cruise ever is Sept 1! I was so looking forward to CC. My hubby just said, oh well. WHAT?!? But on the bright side, more time on the ship?

Where did you get this information?

This was what i was wondering too!!

I saw from her past posts that she was apparently on this sailing of the Dream, but a random drive by posting with no facts to back it up makes it about as believable as a WDW bus driver giving you facts about the park ;)

Here's another "drive by" post from someone who just got off the Dream. The cruise director (Ray) gave us the information about castaway cay needing to be dredged. He didn't provide a timeline. Just a general announcement and apology for missing the Island at last night's Believe show. We did, btw, have the pirate party and fireworks. Not sure how the other poster missed it?!?!

Here's another "drive by" post from someone who just got off the Dream. The cruise director (Ray) gave us the information about castaway cay needing to be dredged. He didn't provide a timeline. Just a general announcement and apology for missing the Island at last night's Believe show. We did, btw, have the pirate party and fireworks. Not sure how the other poster missed it?!?!

LOL thanks :)

My SIL spoke to DCL today and was told the cruise leaving today is going to stop at CC as scheduled. She was told regular post-hurricane cleanup is happening but no itinerary changes. Let's hope that is accurate! I love DCL but don't always feel communication is consistent across CMs.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Dream stopped at castaway cay as scheduled. Ray's announcement of "dredging the channel" seemed more to make the people onboard our cruise feel better about missing CC than a proclamation of some sort of catastrophic damage on CC. Nassau was fine...let's hope cc is, too.

And I agree with the above poster, dcl was terrible about commmunicating with us during this storm....

No bus drivers on the dream. Super expensive internet usage though. Used my last few minutes to share info. Cruise director announced the dredging at the believe show last night.

Driving home instead of flying and posting from blackberry. Good luck to future cruisers.

so what were the waves and the motion of the ship like? I read a post from someone that people were sick all over the ship but I can not find it again.

We were on the 8/25 dream voyage. Seas were rough the first night but nothing extraordinary. Didn't notice large waves. If this sailing stops at CC, I will be extremely displeased with being lied to by Disney on board. We were told minor structural damage but significant beach erosion and a need to re-dredge the channel. Either way, we were lied to or the person on this next sailing was when they called. Guess we'll find out in 2 days. Other than missing cc, it was a nice trip. I know they can't control nature bit one thing that was annoying was a very light port activity schedule the day we skipped cc. IMO, that wasn't fair and they should have switched to a sea day itinerary with more things to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter