Live From The 2/12 Wonder

DisneyPoly

<font color=0000FF>A Dream is a Wish your Heart Ma
Hi everyone!

We are currently in Nassau ... what a chilly, windy day!!!! Although sure beats being home with 14 iinches of snow. :thumbsup2

The weather has been a little less than perfect, as we left Port Canaveral under very, very windy conditions. The temp. was about 58 degrees. Seas were a little rougher than usual last night, as the Captain informed us due to the cold front we would experience waves 8-11 feet. However, I don't think they were too bad.

Docked in Nassau this a.m. It's partly cloudy with a temp of approx. 65 degrees. One passenger told me that she has signed up and paid for dolphin encounter and although it still was a go, she chose not participate as it would be have been way too cool to have her kids in the water. I would definitely agree.

We attended the bridge tour and inquired as to the possibility of docking tomorrow at Castaway Cay due to the high winds. They are optimistic as the winds are due to die down, however if not possible, they will try again on Wed. (sea day).

Any questions? Ask away!

Maureen

Maureen - thanks for checking in live. We love live reports. If you see a fellow DISer named Amy (alikat99) and her family tell them hello from the DVC Member Cruisers!

WDWLVR said:
Maureen - thanks for checking in live. We love live reports. If you see a fellow DISer named Amy (alikat99) and her family tell them hello from the DVC Member Cruisers!

Although I haven't seen them ... they are staying down the hall from me, as their door signs are great. I will write them a note on their door!

Hi DisneyPoly-
Is Andy from Australia on your cruise? I think he's the cruise director. If you see him, tell him the beach volleyball future champs say hi!
Thanks,
Arica

Maureen,

Greetings from SE PA, (delaware county) you are right, cool weather in nassau is still better than snow, sorry your friend missed the dolphins, the water was chilly when we were there, but it was an awesome experience....my back is still killing me from the 18" of slop that fell Saturday into Sunday.

We were on the wonder 1/22-1/26 and I am still in coma. I wanna go back NOW!!!!!!
make sure that you get over to serenity bay today, and get the konk cooler and/or a few bahama mamas for me....sit back and relax! :drinking1
If you havent already, try to get to Palo and say hi to Julie from South Africa for us.....my wifes name is the same as yours so you can problably remember that :thumbsup2 get the fillet and save room for desert!(choc.soufflé)
Tonight is problably pirate night pirate: , don't miss the fireworks round 10PM,
get a good spot on deck 11, starboard side! Enjoy the rest of your time!!!!!

Chuck

Can't wait to go home and go sledding!!!!!! :hourglass

Enjoy your day at CC. What better place than paradise to be on Valentine's Day!

DisneyPoly,
Did you check into a WDW resort prior to the cruise? Also do you know if they sell DCL robes in any of the shops on board and if so, how $.
Thanks

Is there a Disney Vacation Club meeting listed for members on Monday or Wednesday of the 4 night cruise? I saw someone from another group say they just started these, but no on on this board knew anything about it.
Thanks!

Hope you have a GREAT cruise! Next month is our turn! Take care of the Wonder for us!
DJ

Could you find out who will be Captain and Cruise Director on the 2/26 wonder? Please with pixie dust. :wizard:

arica480 said:
Hi DisneyPoly-
Is Andy from Australia on your cruise? I think he's the cruise director. If you see him, tell him the beach volleyball future champs say hi!
Thanks,
Arica

Sorry, the cruise director is a woman, can't remember her name at the moment, but she's from North Carolina.

Mom323 said:
DisneyPoly,
Did you check into a WDW resort prior to the cruise? Also do you know if they sell DCL robes in any of the shops on board and if so, how $.
Thanks

No, we stayed with my in-laws the night before cruising. I did not see any DCL robes in either of the shops. Sorry .....

westjones said:
Is there a Disney Vacation Club meeting listed for members on Monday or Wednesday of the 4 night cruise? I saw someone from another group say they just started these, but no on on this board knew anything about it.
Thanks!

Hope you have a GREAT cruise! Next month is our turn! Take care of the Wonder for us!
DJ

Yes, DVC is now on Board and they have held two meetings, Monday and Wed. They have a presentation for potential buyers and also a gathering for current members. They had give aways, etc. We received hats and lanyards.

Enjoy your trip!

zoesmama said:
Could you find out who will be Captain and Cruise Director on the 2/26 wonder? Please with pixie dust. :wizard:

I will certainly inquire as to the Captain and Cruise Director ... I hope to get back to you tomorrow.

DisneyPoly said:
Yes, DVC is now on Board and they have held two meetings, Monday and Wed. They have a presentation for potential buyers and also a gathering for current members. They had give aways, etc. We received hats and lanyards.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! I will be there! I hope you trip was 'wonderful'. I bet it is hard now that it is all over. They go by SO fast! Thanks for the updates!
DJ

Hey Maureen - I guess that we now know who wrote a little msg on our white board!!!

Jackie is the Cruise Director from NC. We love her.....we've had her on 3 of our 4 cruises.
WonderfulCruise455.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter