• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

LIVE from the 12/10 Eastern Magic

Maybe we will get a trip report from them when they get back.

Hey, Y'all post some pics of the Eastern ports!

Willie

Hi all - not sure about my fellow cruiser's but I was not really in the mood to set foot (or hand) near a computer while onboard. We only jumped on for 6 minutes to check fantasy scores/lineups.

It was an awesome week - weather was great. We had 6pm seating LAP rotation, which suprised me. I took over 600 photos which I am trying to upload to photo bucket now.

Our servers were horrible...we ending up eating at Palo's twice for brunch and twice for dinner...excellent. Could have gone everynight if it were up to me. We took advantage of the hot breakfast room service menu daily. Much nicer that way.

We didn't meet everyone from the DIS, not sure if people were shy, didn't mesh well or what??!! The one's we met were great!! Hopefully next year we'll be hanging late with you Jordan!!

I have lots of things that for our family we will do differently next time....:) Can't wait till next December!!

Movies -
Shop Girl
Narnia
Chicken Little
Herbie

On the big screen -
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
The Little Mermaid
Finding Nemo

Just some that I remember...:)

I'd like to know what you'd do different. Let us know soon!

Thanks for giving us the update. Sorry your servers weren't up to par. Were they new?

Sorry I didn't post on the live thread while I was actually on the ship, but I was having WAY too much fun to even think about it! Weather was great! Castaway Cay was perfect! I don't think we could have asked for a better day there! I will do a trip report later, but now I am exhausted. We didn't make it back to Denver until 5 am!

It was great meeting everyone!!!!

i'm a 12/10 Magic cruiser so I really appreciated the "moving" ship photo! Thanks!

I didn't have a good server either. But still gave her the full tip.

Yo. Jordan here. I JUST got home. Hung with friends in Orlando Saturday and then flew home today. Our plane took off an hour late and we couldn't get off the plane for 1/2 hour when we landed because of a security issue at LAX.

I didn't post on the ship because I didn't know where the computers were......just kidding. Like everyone else said didn't want to get near a computer on vacation.

Had a great time on vacation. Went with family, but spent much of the time on my own which was a first for me.

Had great servers both during our rotation and in Palo.

Of the 70 adults on the cruise that I knew about from the the DIS, I think I met maybe 16...but I definitely made some friends.

Shout out to Vanessa and John, Linda and John, Lisa and Mike, John and Aimee, Angie and Dennis, Cristi and Brad, Jim and Tammie and Mark and Shannon......

More to come later.

I must sleep.

Hi All;

I'm sorry I didn't get to meet you all; I did meet Lisa though at the Radisson so that was nice. I forgot the meet times and like everyone else I wasn't stepping near a computer at all for the trip. DH did have his laptop out playing Civilization 4 when he had a chance but that was it.

Let's see, here's a little report on what I remember, as I look through the 2000 + pictures I'll probably remember more :)

Saturday (Embarkation Day), we finally were at the terminal :) I couldn't believe it, the time flew this year. Anyway, at the terminal, DH sweated for a minute or two about the "No alcohol" sign up in before security as he had a bottle of rum and a bottle of peach snaps. We were told they don't want you to have ice in the cooler, by Disers, and they were right, nothing was said about the bottles. The couple behind us were willing to help get rid of the alcohol if we couldn't bring it though, it was a nice offer but fortunately we didn't have to take them up on it. The ship was boarding even before we finished checking in, so we were able to walk right on after all the paperwork for the check in. Mental note, when we cruise again, and we will :) We will buy those wheels to roll your cooler or just buy one with wheels, the cooler got heavy quickly. On another note, next time we cruise we will do it alone, my parents joined us and while it was nice to be with them, DH and I changed our plans because of what they wanted to do. So, once we were on the ship we went to get a Palo reservation for the Champagne brunch and then I headed to the Spa, we then had the lunch at Topsiders, and finally we were allowed in our room. We weren't able to get an upgrade but for the time we were in our room it was good. We met our room hostess, Pa, and she turned out to be great. We did the mandatory drill and then up to the top deck for the sail away. Our dining rotation was Parrot Cay, Lumieres and then Animators, late seating. Another mental note, I thought late seating would be good, and it was as the girls were awake for the shows we wanted to see but it was hard eating that late at night and then off to bed shortly afterwards as I like to be in bed before midnight :) My 14 yr old sister stayed up later than I did. So, dinner at Parrot Cay, we met our serving team, Toto and Piotr. They were great! Took a little bit for them to warm up together but they definitely had their stuff together before the second night. It was Piotrs' first cruise and he did a wonderful job. Then off to bed.

Sunday and Monday (at sea), I don't remember too much of Sunday or Monday, we did a lot of the programs though and auctions, learn to Salsa is way to funny when you have no rhythm :) Lots of eating though, I wasn't really partial to Topsiders buffet, they did a great job decorating and made to order food was good but the normal buffet items are a lot like any other buffet. However, we did have our Champagne brunch on Sunday at 11 am. Louise from England was our server and she was very good. The brunch was excellent, try very hard to get signed on for the brunch, it's definitely a not to miss. Let's see, Lumiere's on Monday; I remember the escargot, very yummy. I don't remember most of what I ate and if I did remember I would have to leave now for the gym :) Anyway, I don't think you can go wrong with anything ordered on the ship; the cooks are excellent and have their cooking down to a fine art. Monday we had our Palo dinner and I can't remember how to spell our servers name, she's from Argentina and was wonderful. I highly recommend the chocolate souffle, it was to die for. I needed to walk the deck afterwards. We did rush down to Animators afterwards for the show on that walls as we had late seating. My 14 yr old sister had picked up the girls and Toto and Piotr were taking good care of all of them. My youngest said she wanted "Nothing" for desert so Toto brought out a plate with a Mickey drawn on it with "Nothing" written on the bottom in chocolate syrup. I now have to give her nothing here at home :) Great show in Animators.

Tuesday (St. Martin) we arrived early and were off the ship almost immediately. We hadn't had anything planned except getting a cab to the Orient Beach and do some shopping. On the walk into town a guy was sitting on the side of the road trying to rent out jeeps, as my Mother and youngest daughter were already complaining about the heat I decided to find out how much it would be. Came up to a pretty reasonable price considering we were renting at the last minute, note for doing it differently, I'd book ahead, I was worried about the insurance price on the Island and it was only $15 for the day, really reasonable for 100% coverage. We drove to the Orient Beach, spent a few hours there, my Dad and Sister went parasailing cheaper rates than through Disney, $50/ person or $90 for two. Amanda had it booked for CC at $75 for herself. Then we drove around the whole island taking shots where we wanted to and then back into town to do a little shopping. Returned the car and the owner returned us to the ship. No added expenses :) Back to the ship in time to watch Narnia :) That was a really good movie. Then dinner and the pirate party, good show put on, we missed the Dis pictures though, got the message form Lisa after dinner :( and then bed.

Wednesday (St. Thomas), Customs at 6:15 am (yuck), breakfast, rest until we could get off the ship, we got off the boat around 9, didn't hear the announcement at 8 that we could leave the ship. Oh well. We got a cab to Blackbeards Hill, mental note, do this excursion on your own, you can move at your own pace and it's much cheaper, $12/adult, kids are free. Take a bathing suit though; they have 3 wonderful pools you can use. After the tour we went down the 99 steps (we only counted 97) into town and the shopping. Spent some money :guilty: then we got a cab back to the ship. Early day as we were still a little sun fried from the previous day.

Thursday (at sea), Character breakfast was great the kids had a wonderful time with the characters as Chip and Dale hosted the breakfast and then relax and walk around the ship until our Spa treatment, we went for the Exotic Rasul and it was wonderful. After the spa we grabbed up the kids and went to see Disney Dreams, excellent show, do not miss. Dinner, off to see some of the evening entertainment and then bed. Of course we also got our notices for the gratuities, make sure you take care of this ASAP as there were LONG lines at Guest Relations on Friday.

Friday (Castaway Cay), we decided to do the treasure hunt to learn more of the island. After we found our treasure we went to the family beach. Then the kids finally talked us into getting them the braids. Then it was lunch, these days all passed entirely too quickly, Cookies had an excellent spread on, I love those chocolate cookies, note, you can also get them at Goofy's on the ship. After lunch my sister conned me into getting my hair braided while she was getting hers done, ouch!! Back to the beach and then time to get back onboard :( we didn't even get to the adult only beach :sad2: Anyway, back to the ship. Back to Parrot Cay and time to start handing out those tips, this was the 3rd night we had seen our head server, he was absent most of the time from our table. I think he may have heard of my comment. At GS I told them I didn't know my head servers name as he had only come by twice so far, out of 7 nights we saw him 3 times, I didn't think that was appropriate so where the others all got above and beyond the recommended tip, he didn't. Anyway, that wrapped up that night; we had to get up around 5:45 am so it was a very early night.

Saturday (Disembarkation Day :crazy2: ) customs, really early :sad2: and then back to our room for a bit and then back to Parrot Cay for our final breakfast and last time seeing Toto and Piotr. I hope if we do get to go Disney again soon we get them again. Then we're rudely kicked off :) the ship and that so ends our great Disney Cruise.

I can't wait to do it again, we will definitely go as soon as I pay off this one :goodvibes

On the side: my kids loved the Oceanears Club, they spent quite a bit of time in there, never past 11:30 pm though as I don't like grumpy children :) The counselors were great, youngest DD did page us quite a bit though as she would want a snack every 2 to 3 hours :)

Take care all and let me know it you have any questions I can try to help you with,

I don't know if I can remember everything to do a trip report!! I must be the only one who does not like the chocolate souffle...it was way toooooo rich!

It was really rich but I thought it was great anyway. I don't think I ate it all though, I shared some with DH. :)

missmulan said:
i'm a 12/10 Magic cruiser so I really appreciated the "moving" ship photo! Thanks!

I didn't have a good server either. But still gave her the full tip.

Here's a link to a page with the original screen captures (for those of you who want to make your own animation):

Disney Magic 12/10/2005

Feel free to download and use these images however you would like. I'll leave them around until I need the space on the server.

:wave2: We are finally home! We were to leave Orlando at 6:00 am on Sunday. Our plane was leaving late and we were told when we checked in that we would miss our connection in Denver and it was recommended that we reroute thru San Francisco. We agreed to do that. 6 and a half hour flight to SFO, then our flight to Portland was delayed, delayed, delayed and finally around 4 pm (PST) was canceled! Arrrgh! We spent the night at a local Best Western and got a 6:15 flight to Portland this morning. Our luggage, unfortunately, did not catch a flight to Portland yet. :sad1: :scared1: :mad: DH swears we will not fly United again. The folks at SFO were absolutely surly when the flights were all canceled. We KNEW we were not in Disney hands anymore! :wizard: :confused3 Hopefully our luggage will arrive tomorrow.

We did have a wonderful cruise and met several of our fellow DISers. As always DISers are the nicest people! :grouphug:

Hello everyone! We got into town around 5:45 pm...12 hours after leaving OKW. I just got in though because I had to take DS to urgent care after we got back. He had a cough yesterday with a low fever for a few hours in the morning. This morning his throat hurt. The doctor confirmed what I expected this morning...strep. :( He just took his medicine so hopefully it will go away ASAP! He will miss another day of school, and his class party though. I took notes during the cruise so will post a trip report when I have the chance to get away from the mountain of laundry that is coming out of all this luggage. There were lots of changes that I saw in the kid's programming & around the ship from last December. I also got copies of ALL the menus so once I can get them scanned and sent to someone in the tech dept, we can have them posted on the boards for everyone. :)

Loved meeting everyone that we did on the ship! Looking forward to seeing many of you next year. :) Gotta run for now! Thanks Buzzmom & Town crier for posting the pics of the ship when we were on it!!! :)

Ok, so here are the characters: Me, DH (Jon), DS age 7(aka Jack Sparrow), DD age 5(also known as Sofatella), Auntie Debby and Grandma. Noticeably absent....
Grandpa, but more about that later. I will also pay homage to DIS Tenor, if you are out there....

Castaway Club members line at embarkation: Loved it! Zipped right through, and saw Cristi and family just a couple of people ahead of us.

Arrived on the ship no problems, off to Topsiders, which was crowded. We knew we were changed from late seating to earlier, but when we got to the room it said 5:45pm instead of the 6:00pm that was posted on the Disney site. Animator's palate was first, and the steak (not liking it so much). Auntie Debby agreed, not much flavor. I should point out that seafood is lost on me, I don't eat anything that comes from the water, just a mental block I have (no tuna, no lobster, no shrimp, you get the picture). Sachin and Dani were our servers, Fabulous!

Sunday we had Palo brunch, and the kids in the club. Again, Seafood was lost on me, I had the beef, some dessert, salad etc. Zita was our server, Loved it!

Monday, we had the couples massage, high tea, tequila tasting, and returning cruisers party! For the love of Kristi Yamaguchi, could we get any busier? Loved It all.

Tuesday, can't remember. Oh yeah, St. Maarten! Took the water taxi to Great Bay beach ($5 roundtrip for adults, free for kids). Rented 4 chairs, and the kids loved the beach, water was warm. Cristi pulled up right next to us and didn't even know it! We were in front of the bar/restaurant with the large Heneiken sign. Waitress served us beer/water 2 for $3. Heneiken's were a smaller not standard size DH pointed out! For the love of Scott Hamilton, who cares!

I think we saw Shop Girl at the 10:45 showing, Loved it! Grandma commented, it didn't have a plot. For the love of Dorothy Hamill, it doesn't take much to entertain me! Still hadn't met any more DIS'ers but saw Crisiti (we had previously met at Chick-fil-A in Colorado), all over the place. She gave me some descriptions, since she had met alot.

Wednesday: St. Thomas, took a taxi $4 each to Main Street. Shopped, got the free bracelets with the Diamonds International coupon. Good for kids, I am not sure adults would sport these! Then had a Margarita facing the water with view of the ship. Then Grandma and Auntie Debby kindly took the kids to the Tram, and saw our waiter Sachin! :rotfl: So this night I think we were in Parrot Cay, and we could see the sunset through the big round windows as we dined. Loved It! I think it was that night we decided to bring Grandpa to dinner. Who you say? Since Grandpa does not a. like hot or cold crowded places, b. is claustrophobic, c. doesn't not leave the confines of San Mateo County, we blew up his picture and pasted it on cardboard, with stick attached to the back. We took pictures with "Grandpa" all over the ship! Grandpa swimming, Grandpa drinking diet Coke, Grandpa with waiters! Sofatella decided not to eat her chicken fingers for the 4th night in a row, and fell asleep. So, I moved her back to the room, to get her in her Mickey Pj's for the Goofy sleepover in the Club. That night, DH said, "Did you bring Grandpa back from dinner?" For the love of Tonya Harding, No, I was a little pre-occupied with helping a sleeping child get back to the room to make it to a slumber party! Thursday morning, Grandma was looking for Grandpa everywhere! :confused3

So, Thursday DH and I had breakfast in bed, while Grandma and Auntie took the kids to Lumeire's. Dani (asst. Server) had found and saved Grandpa! :cheer2: The Romantic escape at sea package was fun, would do it again. We had a wine and cheese in Vanessa and John's room (suite- whoo hoo!), and met some more DISer's. Forgot to mention, I met Mrs. Mork in my hallway, and Jordan and LBGraves in the 7th floor laundry room! Loved it! Jordan and I discussed the Lighter Fare Chicken on the menu. For the love of Brian Boitano, Stay away from the lighter fare chicken (you non- seafood ) people! It was not like buttah! It was dry, and boring!!!!

Friday, my favorite day I think. Castaway Cay was beautiful, weather wise and scenery wise. The kids played with new friends, and I could read my Jennifer Weiner book, Good Night Nobody, Loved it! Couldn't have been any nicer! DH did comment that I had not technically swam, this entire trip, but I protested that I went in "thigh high!".

Final thoughts: Disney did everything well. Loved the sailaway, Pirate party, Chronicle of Narnia, servers, room steward, massage, Palo...

Wish they could change the time of the 10:45pm movie, the club closes at midnight, so DH or I had to stay with kids so one of us could see Flight Plan, Shop Girl etc.

Oh! On the last night (tip night), DH hung Jack Sparrow's velcro monkey from the ceiling in our room, and put the tip envelope in the monkey's hands. Mario (room steward), told us "I got the envelope from the monkey", clasps his hands together and made a bowing motion, while saying thank you. So they love the little stuff too! :Pinkbounc

Linda

So my kids loved the spy night in Studio Sea. If I hear "Secret agent man" sung one more time! Also loved the family dance activities.

Also, I tripped on the cobblestone in a shopping alley in St. Thomas! For the love of Nancy Kerrigan, I'm trying to injure my own knee! :p

Linda

At least you didn't try walking off the pier. ;) A cobblestone trip was much easier to cover up I am sure. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter