Live from SSR!

slk537

<font color=red>Sigh...other than WDW, if I could
Good afternoon!

We checked in last night (this morning??) about 1:30 am and we were so overwhelmed that I just had post! I had requested non smoking for med reasons (DH has asthma) and the person from MS had asked if I had anything else. I told him, "sure...DTD view as high up as possible". I absolutely did not for one moment believe we had a prayer of getting anything other than the non smoking. WELL!!!

We are in Congress Park, on the fourth floor and the first thing we saw through the sliding glass doors when we opened the door to the room was Cirque!! GORGEOUS! Our view is of a courtyard, the "quiet" pool and Pleasure Island.

We just love VWL and BCV and have enjoyed OKW. We had really hoped last night and tonight would give us a good impression of our home resort - SSR. We are not those who "buy where you want to stay" we are those who "bought where we could buy from Disney." But I am so thrilled that I think we did end up buying where we'll want to stay.

The landscaping is filling in, the room decorations are so elegant...the resort is just so very beautiful! Yes, it's big, but we just love it! I am almost disappointed that we are checking out tomorrow to head over to the Dark Side (Universal) for two nights.

We've taken some gorgeous photos from the balcony and I hope to post them as soon as we download them from the camera. This is one unbelievable view!!

We had wondered if staying at SSR would be "settling" and we are so excited that it is not that at all!

Steve and Jenn

Thanks Steve and Jenn - we love hearing reports about our home at SSR. We're going for the first time at the end of the month - can't wait!
--Mike

Thank you Steve and Jen for the heart warming report. Everytime I read someone first visit home report to SSR it brings me back to our first visit.
The only thing better to think about is all the many many trips home to come in the future.

You guys have a grand time while you're there. Wish you had longer to stay and really get to relax and enjoy but non the less, HAVE A MICKEY MAGICAL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A BLAST NEIGHBOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

~DW

Sweet! :thumbsup2
Have a wonderful time and enjoy!!! :sunny:

Thanks for your live report!

My wife & I stayed at SSR in February during our wedding trip. It's not bad! (Would love to see more plants and flowers around the hotel ).
Terence

i'm so glad you are having a wonderful time at SSR! :Pinkbounc i can't wait for my first trip home.... :moped: can't wait to see your pics! enjoy your vacation! :thumbsup2

So glad things turned out well - and that you didn't get any under-the-bathroom-sink surprises ;)

Be well!

SteveandJen, thank you for posting :sunny: Have a great vacation :goodvibes
We love congress Park also :love:

Oh how I wish my DH and I were there! :rolleyes: H-mmmmmm How can I get some time off to go and visit our home? We love it at SSR. We bought there because that is what was available, but we have loved it from the very beginning. We love the fact that we can relax after a long day at the parks. We love to walk to DTD and eat at Earl of Sandwich. So glad to hear that you found everything to your liking. Enjoy and tell Mickey Hi!

From someone who wishes Illinois was closer to WDW! pixiedust:

:sunny: :thumbsup2 :wave:
Glad your enjoying your vacation...
I can't wait for photos to post and show the changes
in the resorts beauty!
Last time DW & DD and I were there was in 4/05...
I'm sure it's come a ways since then.
Say hi to the Mouse for us!
:banana: :goodvibes :cool1:

We'll be arriving tonight at SSR for our first trip "home" - we're really looking forward to it. We're getting a studio. Hopefully we'll be as lucky as you!

DH is running in the 15K on Sunday.

All of these wonderful reports on SSR are making me even more excited. We asked for the Congress Park area as well and are keeping our fingers crossed. We bought here sight unseen so are wondering...do any of the balconies face the parking lots? I am a water baby from way back so any water view to me will be the greatest.

I'm glad that you had a great stay at SSR. That is our home resort!!! I know things will look much better as time goes by. We haven't been there since Nov 2004. I'm sure a lot has changed since then. :love:

Hearing all these SSR reports makes it where I can hardly wait to get home!
I will be there May 13-21 :cool1:

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay :) We've had a wonderful time each visit to SSR--can't wait to try the new restaurant there our next visit. (not till November, unfortunately)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter