Live from Kidani Village and Bay Lake Tower!!!

Regarding Kidani vs. Jambo - I guess the thing I really like about Kidani is that it's "ours". I know it's smaller, the pool isn't quite as nice as we hoped, no CS restaurant - but then again for the most part the only people you will see are DVC members. To me, it just makes it seem more like home rather than a converted hotel. Like someone else said, I could see us going to Kidani and spending the entire week there and not setting foot in a park.

Regarding Kidani vs. Jambo - I guess the thing I really like about Kidani is that it's "ours". I know it's smaller, the pool isn't quite as nice as we hoped, no CS restaurant - but then again for the most part the only people you will see are DVC members. To me, it just makes it seem more like home rather than a converted hotel. Like someone else said, I could see us going to Kidani and spending the entire week there and not setting foot in a park.
I completely agree!! It's more of a little community :)

So I'm going to attribute my disorientation yesterday to the fact that I was exhausted! Kidani is growing on me today! I feel like there are more animals on the savannah and that there are better odds of seeing the animals roam by on this savannah opposed to the main savannah at Jambo.

I also ate at Sanaa today and it was sooo good! Animal Kingdom Lodge definitely wins the award for the best restaurants on property!! You can't go wrong with Jiko, Boma, or Sanaa.

I started with the bread service. I got Roti, Paratha, Paneer Paratha bread with red pepper hummus, mango chutney, and cucumber raita. The paratha and roti breads were my favorite and the mango chutney was amazing!!! I ordered the tandorri chicken for my meal and it was also very very yummy.

I know I keep promising pictures, but I'm having way too much fun here in the happiest place on earth to stop long enough to upload them!! I'm sure you can all understand! I promise the second I get back to good old Boston they will be up here :)

This is my second solo trip and it's going great! It's kind of nice to be able to do what you want to do and come and go as you please. I did most of my Disney vacationing with my boyfriend...and he hated the shows and parades and always wanted to nap mid day or go to the gym! I love the shows and parades and am always way too excited to nap despite the fatigue that sets in mid week! lol So I guess the single life isn't too bad :)

Let me know if you have any questions about Kidani!

Will you be staying in the same room catagory at BLT as you're currently in at AKV? Just looking for a direct comparison of your reviews of both. We have stayed at the AKL and CR, and like them both, for their own merits.

Looking forward to your review, from a fellow "Bay Stater".

I will be staying in a studio at BLT and am in a studio SV at AKV. Unfortunately I'm in a standard view room at BLT! I wish I could have gotten an MK view! The studio is A ok for me since it's just me :) The AK room was very clean and it actually seems a little bit bigger than most other studios I've stayed in. The bathroom counter and sink are HUGE!!!

So...I'm completely brain dead! I forgot the cord to load my photos onto the computer and was actually going to try to do some of that tonight! I'm telling ya...I'm losing it at the ripe age of 23!!

I did Epcot tonight after lunch at Sanaa. It wasnt very crowded at all! Got on Soarin in a 25 minute wait at 4:00!!! Gotta love the fact the kids are in school! Spent most of the night wandering around the showcase :) I ate at yakitori house in Japan for teh first time and the terryaki chicken was good :) Also saw the acrobats in China! Last time i saw them it was a troupe of girls and then the girl who balances the cups on her nose. This time it was a troupe of boys and then the girl who balanced the cups. The boys were UNBELIEVABLE!! I have lots of video!!!

When I got back tonight I ordered the bread service from Sanaa!! Thats how much I loved it!!! Although I'm a big bread person! lol

I'm off to bed! Hollywood Studios in the morning, Jiko for dinner, then either Epcot or MK!

Gnight!
Amy

Add me to the interested parties about both AKV KV and BLT. We own at both so I am looking forward to hearing all your thoughts.

Sounds like you're having a great time! Thanks for the report, and I'll be looking forward to seeing your pictures!

really enjoying your TR!! I think i would love to go solo one day! DH wouldn't care but my boys would freak out if i went without them. go figure. Can't wait to see pics and hear more about your AKV and BLT comparisons. Especially as a young woman! I have offered some points to my brother (30) and his girlfriend (i hope will be fiance soon) for a honeymoon if they desire it when they get married. He thinks it won't be romantic or exotic enough. If you could give me your thoughts from a younger perspective that would be great!!

Thanks and enjoy!!

Looking forward to your review of BLT SV Studio. IMO, when we stay at BLT we will have a SV room. It saves on points, and the view is not a deal breaker for us, for we do not spend much time in our rooms. Having had a MK view at CR, it was nice but will not be a must for us. After all, they have that exceptional viewing area a top BLT.

Hi Amy!!! I was writing to you on facebook...:yay:
Can't wait to hear all about BLT! That is our home resort, going for the first time in May.

Loving the review! I am planning two trips next year at the same resorts so I am tuned in! :surfweb:

Tinks "SS";33504528 said:
really enjoying your TR!! I think i would love to go solo one day! DH wouldn't care but my boys would freak out if i went without them. go figure. Can't wait to see pics and hear more about your AKV and BLT comparisons. Especially as a young woman! I have offered some points to my brother (30) and his girlfriend (i hope will be fiance soon) for a honeymoon if they desire it when they get married. He thinks it won't be romantic or exotic enough. If you could give me your thoughts from a younger perspective that would be great!!

Thanks and enjoy!!
I think disney is a great wedding/honeymoon location! I would love to do both some day (fingers crossed). I think its very romantic! Whats more romantic than watching wishes with a loved one! :) I got engaged here last september and it was extremely romantic and cute. He did a very very good job. We got engaged at the crystal palace since that's the first place we ever ate at together in disney. He had winnie the pooh bring me a bouquet of roses that looked like a pillow with the glass slipper on top and in the glass slipper was a rose with the ring in it. The disney florist and cast made it very very special for us....unfortunately we broke up two and a half months later :( He started dating one of his clients....how quickly things can change. Now i just watch the happy couples with envy roaming the parks... lol But I'm gonna stay positive and someday I will get married here in disney! lol

....unfortunately we broke up two and a half months later :( He started dating one of his clients....how quickly things can change. Now i just watch the happy couples with envy roaming the parks... lol But I'm gonna stay positive and someday I will get married here in disney! lol

I hope you kept the ring!!! :lmao:

You are in a good place. Stay positive. One day you will meet your "prince" and all will be right with the world.

I hope you kept the ring!!! :lmao:

You are in a good place. Stay positive. One day you will meet your "prince" and all will be right with the world.
Nope he asked for the ring back....pretty big jerk huh??? O well more disney rewards for to support my shopping habit on vacation now! lol It's way easier if I joke about it...but I won't lie...got a little choked up watching wishes last night....Although whether i was with him or solo and even when i was here with my dance company students in april I'm a big crier during wishes lol

Hi Everyone!

Today has been the best day so far!!! Woke up super early (not part of the best day ever lol) and checked out of Kidani. I gotta tell you...that resort definitely grew on me over the last three days. It is kind of nice and exclusive feeling. Never crowded, busese empty until Jambo, and good little community feeling. Check out ended earlier than I thought so I decided to go for a stroll over to Jambo to catch the MK bus there. It took me about 10minutes. It's not a bad walk at all :) I headed over to the MK and did some shopping and got some breakfast before checking in for the Keys to the Kingdom Tour!

Let me tell you...this is one of the best things I've ever done at Disney!! The tour started at 8:30 and we ended at 2:00! I had Debbie as a tour guide and she was fantastic! We got to hope the line on 3 rides, jungle cruise, pirates and the haunted mansion and on each Debbie gave us a lot of fun facts and insider info about the attractions. We also went backstage to the warehouse where the parade floats are housed and saw the dwarfs rehearsing for the parade! We also got to go to the underground tunnels and check out down there! Lunch at columbia harbour house was included!!! I found out so much fun information about disney that I never knew about! Definitely worth checking out!

After the tour I was starving from all the walking so I grabbed lunch at Tony's! That restaurant gets a lot of bad reviews but I think its one of the best restaurants on property! The food is always tasty and the staff is soooo friendly!

After lunch I caught the celebrate today parade which was a lot of fun! I always get a little teary eyed during the new celebrate today song too! I'm such a disney dork lol

After I headed over to BLT to check in! You have to check in at the contemporary and then I took the skyway bridge over to BLT! The skyway bridge is awesome. It's all open which is nice and a great spot to view the fireworks!

So would you like to know my first thoughts on BLT......???

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! DVC Definitely did it right with this resort!! The decor is so classy! My studio is amazing! I think one of the best set ups I've ever seen for a studio. I have a room on the first floor over looking the pool area which is a great view!! I don't think you can go wrong with any view here!

I have some great photos that I can't wait to share with all of you!

OK I'm off to dinner at my FAVORITE disney restaurant - O'hana. Thought of skipping it...I felt like i was wasting food eating alone and a family style restaurant...but It wouldn't be a complete vacation without stuffing myself at ohana!!!

You are having my November vacation- well, sort of. I'll be with my family- first at Kidani, then at *COUGH* HRH *COUGH!* And then on to BLT. :thumbsup2 Really excited about all of it!! So glad Kidani grew on you- we walked around there in May and thought it was very nice- my DGF & I LOVED Sanaa- that bread service is DA BOMB DIGGITY!!!!:yay: :yay: :yay:
And the big giraffe is Kyle? I had forgotten his name- we were staying Concierge and did the sunset safari- he IS a troublemaker!!! But most of the animals at AKL are- that's why they're there and not still at AK! Really!

Hope you had a good time at Ohana- looking forward to more!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter