Live from Kidani Village and Bay Lake Tower!!!

popstar7867

Amy Fam!
Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow I will be checking in to Kidani Village and Bay Lake Tower! I will be updating live with lots of photos during my trip! I'm traveling solo. My last get away before the year starts up at my Dance Studio! I Can't wait to try out the two new resorts which is the primary reason for this trip! Get ready for lots of details!

Have a wonderful time and looking forward to your posts and photos! :)

Tagging along for the ride. popcorn:: I love live trip reports, and I'm interested to hear about your BLT portion. We're waitlisted right now for there in February.

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I didn't update sooner! I arrived at MCO this morning at 10:00 AM and there was absolutely NOBODY in the Magical Express Line! I didn't even have to check into the counter lol They just had us go right to the person at the beginning of the lines! I got to Kidani around 11:00 and unfortunately my room was not ready! I was sooooo tired too! I could have used a cat nap lol Is it me or does it seem the rooms are never ready early at AKL?? When I check in at every other resort the rooms always seem to be ready early...but not here...maybe because I have the savannah view ???

Neways, so I'm not as impressed with Kidani as I thought I would be. It's a beautiful resort of course and I'm so happy to be here...I just prefer Jambo. I think the layout of Kidani is a little confusing. It took me awhile to figure out where my room was once it was ready (at 3:30 PM) and I couldn't figure out where the pool was either lol Maybe I'm just really really tired today!

I don't have much time to add pictures right now! I'm getting ready for a 7:00 Cali Grille reservation! It's my first time eating there! So excited!!!

I promise pictures later!

AMY :)

Hello Everyone,

Sorry I didn't update sooner! I arrived at MCO this morning at 10:00 AM and there was absolutely NOBODY in the Magical Express Line! I didn't even have to check into the counter lol They just had us go right to the person at the beginning of the lines! I got to Kidani around 11:00 and unfortunately my room was not ready! I was sooooo tired too! I could have used a cat nap lol Is it me or does it seem the rooms are never ready early at AKL?? When I check in at every other resort the rooms always seem to be ready early...but not here...maybe because I have the savannah view ???

Neways, so I'm not as impressed with Kidani as I thought I would be. It's a beautiful resort of course and I'm so happy to be here...I just prefer Jambo. I think the layout of Kidani is a little confusing. It took me awhile to figure out where my room was once it was ready (at 3:30 PM) and I couldn't figure out where the pool was either lol Maybe I'm just really really tired today!

I don't have much time to add pictures right now! I'm getting ready for a 7:00 Cali Grille reservation! It's my first time eating there! So excited!!!

I promise pictures later!

Thanks for the update Amy, glad to hear you're there! It sounds like you took the early flight from Boston - I have a similar setup in Feb, requires us to be on a plane around 6am but we have a layover in ... woah, chicago? (Hey, that's west guys!) oiy. Anyway - up and out at 3:30 am is not my idea of a good start to anyone's vacation. I hope you get some rest soon!

Give Kidani time & I'm sure it will grow on you. I felt the same when we first arrived too... just a bit underwhelmed. But we loved all the places to hide away and absolutely did not want to leave at the end.

If I may, I request pics of kyle being a brat (he's the tall male giraffe, we're not supposed to know their names but it's hard not to miss the keepers yelling them out LOL) Keep your eye on him and you'll catch him teasing the other giraffes with twigs and stalking the workers.

Hello Everyone,

I got to Kidani around 11:00 and unfortunately my room was not ready! I was sooooo tired too! I could have used a cat nap lol Is it me or does it seem the rooms are never ready early at AKL?? When I check in at every other resort the rooms always seem to be ready early...but not here...maybe because I have the savannah view ???

This just happened to us on Friday.... (We stayed at Kidani for our last two nights of a 10 night stay) We went to check in at 10:45am, yes I know we were early, but we left so our THV could be cleaned for the next members. When we checked in, they said the room was not quite ready. Checked back at 2:00, room was cleaned, but the carpet was not dry. With 4:00 LTT reservations b4 MNSSHP, looming, we asked if we could at least get our bags, and put our stuff on the non carpeted area. With hesitation, they allowed us to at 2:50. We finall got the text around 3:45 that our room was ready for us to use.

It's tough to not compare to Jambo with the ammenities (Counter service and pool not across parking lot!) However, we loved our room, it was much larger than the one we had at Jambo. My DS and DD have requested to stay there when we come back next year!!! Have a great stay.

We were underwhelmed with Kidani's look as well. Pool is nice, but too small. No SAB, that's for sure. Menu by the pool needs MAJOR expanding, and none of this "private dining" inflated prices stuff.

I'd happily stay at Kidani IF I have a car and I want a more relaxing vacation.

But we really, really enjoyed being in the thick of it at Jambo last week.

Have a great trip!

Oh I love hearing about people complaining about flights:lmao::lmao: We will have been flying for 20hrs when we arrive at MCO at about 11pm:upsidedow

In any case. I'm looking forward to the updates!!! We will be staying in Jambo this time but I'm curious about Kidani as well. And of course BLT which we will be staying at as well:woohoo:

Have an amazing time!!!:cheer2:

popcorn::

Hi Everyone!!!

Thanks for your replies!! Just got back from viewing the fireworks from the obersvation deck at California Grille! It was amazing! The food was great. I got the wheat linguini with squash. The squash was like a popper filled with gooey yummy cheese. Since I'm flying solo this week I requested to sit at the sushi counter. It was fun watching the chefs prepare all the sushi and they were very friendly and talkative. I also was seated right away.

I'm planning on taking a pool/exploration of kidani break tomorrow and I will also try to get some pictures up here! There seem to be a lot of Giraffes here! I saw 5 all together and I will definitely keep an eye out for the mischievous one!

I'm also eating at sannaa for lunch tomorrow so I will update you on how it is! I'm sure it will be great much like everything else here in the happiest place on earth!

Gnight!!!

P.S. Bay Lake Tower looks AMAZING!!! I was envious walking by looking at everyone sitting on their balconies overlooking the castle! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter