Live from HHI (04/14)

If you are interested in seeing some photos of the trip - go to my Facebook Photos link below and look in Mobile Uploads. Sorry for the poor quality, these were taken with my iPhone and it is a older model.

Keep it coming WolfpackFan! You've almost got DH convinced to go to HHI to see the golf tournament next year! He's wanted to go, but we always thought the island was super crowded for that. Me, I'd go anytime, so this is great!

Hey, so glad you are at HHI this week and can gather all the info for those of us who wish we were there or are planning to be there next year :lmao::lmao:

I asked DH about this a week or so ago and he thought going next year would be a good idea. so my "please can you find out...." for me is

dates for next year's tournament. Is it always the week after the Master's??
and if I'm allowed two questions, did you get your passes before you left home?

thanks - have a great time.

I don't want to make a big deal about this - but one random comment I do have is the landscaping around the resort doesn't seem as pretty as I remember in the past. Walking around I've seen lots of bare, washed out looking areas. Plus lots of areas with nothing planted. Just not as nice looking as I remember. I also haven't observed any landscape workers either except one fellow with a blower who has been blowing the same area right below our balcony for an hour now :lmao:. I did see Mike, working as a lifeguard.

for next year's tournament. Is it always the week after the Master's??
and if I'm allowed two questions, did you get your passes before you left home?

thanks - have a great time.

The Heritage is always the week after the Masters. Now there is one problem, Verizon is no longer going to be the sponsor and right now they don't have a new sponsor lined up. They are optimistic they will find a new one, but until they get one you can't be sure there will be a tournament. As far as passes I bought mine online. If you buy before January you get a price discount. I got the weekly grounds pass and it seems to me that it was around $125. They don't sell single day passes. I tried to buy one because DW wanted to go just one day.

Friday 8:30 update -

Well I'm back in room watching Deadliest Catch, while DW is at campfire. It was a little too buggy and silly for me. I was at the golf tournament most of the day. Followed Tim Clark around most of the time, since he is a fellow Wolfpacker. Came back to resort and DW and myself went down to the beach for a while. It was a little windy but still nice. After we came back to room we decided to go to Hudsons for dinner. I had a half bucket of steamed oysters and they were very good. DW had steamed shrimp. Now I'm just resting my aching feet from walking so much over the last two days. I think tomorrow I'm going to just take a chair and plant myself next to the 18th hole and let the golfers come to me :).

Friday 8:30 update -

Well I'm back in room watching Deadliest Catch

We love that show also! I got a Deadliest Catch t-shirt for DH for his birthday. DVC rooms are so much like home that we often end up spending time in our villa doing some of the same things we do at home.

We love that show also! I got a Deadliest Catch t-shirt for DH for his birthday. DVC rooms are so much like home that we often end up spending time in our villa doing some of the same things we do at home.

It was so sad to see that Phil Harris died. I wonder how they will handle it on the show.

It was so sad to see that Phil Harris died. I wonder how they will handle it on the show.

We wonder the same thing. Last year's shows were pretty straight-forward in describing his health issues. The show is a real eye opener. I love crab but have mixed feelings about ordering it.

Unfortunately, when I go to that Facebook link, it won't let me see the pictures. What am I doing wrong? I loved the HHI pictures in your other link. I want to see more pictures!

Unfortunately, when I go to that Facebook link, it won't let me see the pictures. What am I doing wrong? I loved the HHI pictures in your other link. I want to see more pictures!

I moved the pictures to the album labelled Hilton Head Island - April 2010. See if you can get into it.

Saturday, 5:00 update -

Man, you could not ask for better weather. It is absolutely gorgeous down here. This morning we got up and had breakfast at Stacks and then rode over to Bluffton. We love the area next to the river where the Church of the Cross is located. The flowers and azaleas are beautiful. We just kind of took it all in and thought for about the thousandth time, we sure wish we lived down here. We then returned to the resort and I headed to the golf tournament after dropping DW off at Beach House. The traffic to the parking in Sea Pines was terrible - bumper to bumper and crawling. Finally made it to Harbour Town though. My plan was to not do much walking because I've got blisters from the last two days. So I just hung out at the 18th and watched the golfers finish.

Did that until I was ready to leave and am now back at resort watching the end of today's round on TV while DW is out on balcony reading. Plan for dinner is San Miguels.

WolfpackFan - thanks for the info on the tickets and such. too bad they don't sell a one day ticket. I like going for one or two days, but probably not all the days. We've been to the tournament at WDW several years and one/two days is good for me.

I'll keep that in my plans for next year. It seems several tournaments are losing their big sponsors. :confused3

I watched a little bit of the tv coverage and the weather did look splendid.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

WolfpackFan - thanks for the info on the tickets and such. too bad they don't sell a one day ticket. I like going for one or two days, but probably not all the days. We've been to the tournament at WDW several years and one/two days is good for me.

I'll keep that in my plans for next year. It seems several tournaments are losing their big sponsors. :confused3

I watched a little bit of the tv coverage and the weather did look splendid.

Enjoy the rest of your trip.

Yeah, but I can hear DH now-"I would have bought tickets for only a couple days, but now I just HAVE to go every day since that's all I could buy.":rotfl: Well, we've already made plans for HHI in April 2011, so we'll just have to hope that's when the tournament is.

Wolfpack Fan! San Miguels is our must do, actually our must do several times when we come to HHI! Love the food, the live music and of course the margaritas!
Can't wait to be back at HHI in June!
Enjoy the remainder of your trip :)

Sunday night -

Well it's our last night here before heading home tomorrow morning. It has been a full day. I spent most of the morning and a good part of the afternoon at the tournament. What a finish and I'm so excited Jim Furyk won. After getting back, I took some pictures of the resort with DW's camera and will post them to Google Photos when I get home tomorrow. For dinner tonight we went to Kingfisher. I doubt we will go back. We just don't like the menu. They used to have great Shrimp and Grits but for some reason they took it off the menu. We much prefer Old Oyster Factory. Just an observation - you can usually tell when a restaurant is going downhill, when they bring the clowns and magicians out.

Well that's about it for this trip. Sadly it won't be until August of next year before we will have the points to return. How sad.

Oh one final hint. I found out they change the WiFi password every Saturday night. I couldn't get on this morning and kept trying for several hours. When I got back from the golf, I tried again and it still didn't work. So I went down and asked and they told me the password had changed. Just something to keep in mind.

Final update -

Well we're back home now :sad1:. We had a great trip down to HHI and I really enjoyed seeing the golf tournament. DW was a great sport, letting me go off to the tournament while she just spent a lot of time in the room reading. I wish the weather had been better so she could have gone out to the beach more. We had some great food. Our favorite restaurant this trip was Old Oyster Factory. Our least favorite (and we won't be going back) was Kingfisher.

I have uploaded all the photos I took (not that many really) to Google Photos (see link below). I did take some good pictures during a quick walk around of the resort yesterday late and for some one wondering what the resort looks like, it would be good album to view.

Unfortunately, it will be August of next year before we can return. Our points are taken up with a trip this October to WDW (VWL) and next April we're taking a cruise on points.

Thanks for following me a long, hope it wasn't too boring.

Enjoyed your TR & photos. What a great place to get away to :thumbsup2 and it sounds like you had a perfect trip relaxing & soaking up some sights & events too. On our next trip to HHI we plan to give Old Oyster Factory a try, haven't tried it as of yet or Dye's Gullah Fixins although we've been to HHI many times. Glad to hear you've gotten diabetes back under control; DH has type2 and sometimes despite best efforts it gets out of whack. Best wishes :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter