Live from HH

WebmasterDoc

Administrator
Administrator
There is a lot going on at the HH resort right now. Occupancy is low this week (but will pick up dramatically for the next few weeks) and they are doing a lot of rehab work.

They are replacing carpeting in several buildings and replacing landscape timbers all over the resort and along the boardwalk. The marsh shore around the lodge is being refurbished with large rocks to deter erosion. It now matches the rest of the shore along that lagoon area. There have been several carpet cleaning trucks parked outside the buildings all week too.

Many of the paved walkways/bike trails are being redone to remove the uneven areas created by tree roots. The Recreation Center is also being rehabbed.

This week, HH logo merchandise is on sale - 50% off. This merchandise is being replaced with a new logo - coming soon!

The temps have ranged from the upper 50s to upper 70s and the pool and hot tub have had steady use even with the cooler temps. (It's humorous to see the kids in swimming while parents sit huddled up on the lounge chairs. :) )

There are paint crews all over the resort, giving a fresh coat to many areas. The resort does look great and will look even better once the rehab is done. I'm sure they are trying hard to complete these tasks before the crowds pick up.

We've enjoyed eating at San Miguels, Parrot Cove and just had an "early bird" meal at the Ocean Grille (formerly the Harbourmaster).

Here are few photos from today (click on any image for a larger view):

Thanks for the update Doc! :goodvibes We are driving from Pa overnight Friday night and are staying in a studio for Saturday night and then Sunday our friends join us Sunday for the week in a 2 bedroom. The kids are DYING to know....is our favorite CM Rich still there????

Are you coming over Friday for the St. Pat's Parade? The weather is suppose to cooperate for it this year. Too bad I have to work.

Having read what you said about the 50% off has lead my wife and I to talk of riding over on Saturday to do some shopping. Don't buy everything!

Thanks for the update and images!! We are so looking forward to our return to HHI in June!! :)

I guess the HHI folks are preparing for out first visit Memorial week. How thoughtful! ;)
Have fun, Doc!

Thanks for the update Doc! :goodvibes We are driving from Pa overnight Friday night and are staying in a studio for Saturday night and then Sunday our friends join us Sunday for the week in a 2 bedroom. The kids are DYING to know....is our favorite CM Rich still there????

We are driving from PA too! Driving Thursday and staying at HH in a studio Friday and Saturday.

Webmasterdoc- thanks for the updates. I am looking forward to seeing this resort. Never been to HH.

Are you coming over Friday for the St. Pat's Parade? The weather is suppose to cooperate for it this year. Too bad I have to work.

Having read what you said about the 50% off has lead my wife and I to talk of riding over on Saturday to do some shopping. Don't buy everything!

Can you tell lme about the festivities? We want to head over on Saturday and will be eating dinner at the Pirate house. Is that a good place to go?

Love those pictures, and love HHI!!!!!!!....thanks for the pick-me-up;)

Thanks for the update. We will be arriving on Easter for our first trip. We can't wait to be there! Loved seeing the pictures.

We will be there for a weekend visit the end of this month for our first DVC trip home since joining. :yay: We return again during spring break a couple of weeks later in April. Sounds like things will be looking great by the time we arrive. :goodvibes

Can you give us an update on any current activities being offered and any specials or discounts for the resort or surrounding businesses, please???? popcorn::

We are driving from PA too! Driving Thursday and staying at HH in a studio Friday and Saturday.

Webmasterdoc- thanks for the updates. I am looking forward to seeing this resort. Never been to HH.

Are you driving during the day or doing the overnight thing? I am trying to plan the "Travel Forecast" using the major cities we would go through and the estimated times we would be there. Looks like we may hit rain from home through Richmond.:guilty: We find the overnight drive works best for us, I am not a good passenger so I usually sleep the first 6 hours and then we switch. I just get so nervous and the rain will make it much worse for me. :scared1: On the drive home we leave Friday and drive all day, but I do most of the driving until we get to Fredericksburg, VA where we stop for dinner and then DH takes over because DC Beltway :scared1: !!! Where are you driving from in PA and how long will you be there?

Have a great time and maybe we will see you there!!!:goodvibes And you will LOVE this resort. When we joined DVC, we thought we would NEVER go to HH and we tried it in 03 and it is the greatest!!! This will be our 3rd year going the week before Easter.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and there were trucks with new appliances on them-refrigerators and stoves- parked outside of the buildings facing the marina. Are these the same units that you saw work at, WebmasterDoc? Just curious.

We were there a couple of weeks ago and there were trucks with new appliances on them-refrigerators and stoves- parked outside of the buildings facing the marina. Are these the same units that you saw work at, WebmasterDoc? Just curious.

They seem to be finishing up work on those buildings, but the carpeting was being removed from bldgs 18 and 22. #31 and #20 also had some work going on inside the buildings.

The walkway by the shuffleboard court is all torn up - replacing the blacktop there as well as along the parking areas outside #25,28,30.

The activities and discounts are pretty much the usual list - with nature hikes, Dolphin watch tours, kayak tours, craft programs all available as usual. There are discounts (10%) for most of the nearby restaurants (Kingfisher, Scotts, Giuseppis and many others).

BTW- check out the "Hidden Mickey" in the 3rd photo posted above. There are a number of mickeys all over the resort - so be sure to look for those. You can even get a list of "things" to look for at the front desk. There are also Hidden Mickeys in some of the villa decor - so look for those too! (Some are pretty tough.) Also look at the "decor" inside Big Murgie's Den - there is some interesting memorabilia on the walls and shelves in there - even some Disney family decor.

BTW- check out the "Hidden Mickey" in the 3rd photo posted above. There are a number of mickeys all over the resort - so be sure to look for those. You can even get a list of "things" to look for at the front desk. There are also Hidden Mickeys in some of the villa decor - so look for those too! (Some are pretty tough.) Also look at the "decor" inside Big Murgie's Den - there is some interesting memorabilia on the walls and shelves in there - even some Disney family decor.

Very cool Doc - thanks for pointing that out! Enjoy your stay!

They seem to be finishing up work on those buildings, but the carpeting was being removed from bldgs 18 and 22. #31 and #20 also had some work going on inside the buildings.

The walkway by the shuffleboard court is all torn up - replacing the blacktop there as well as along the parking areas outside #25,28,30.

The activities and discounts are pretty much the usual list - with nature hikes, Dolphin watch tours, kayak tours, craft programs all available as usual. There are discounts (10%) for most of the nearby restaurants (Kingfisher, Scotts, Giuseppis and many others).

I have quite a few of the signs that are on the buildings! I thought about framing them in my sons room. Just kinda neat. :)

So have we seen Rich at Campfire or any other activities?:rolleyes1 I honestly think that is what the kids are looking forward to the most, seeing him. Last year at the Shrimp Boil, they were doing face painting and my DS had someone paint Rich on his cheek and then Rich went and got one painted of DS on his. I have a neat picture we wanted to print out and bring down. :)

Thanks for the updates! Keep 'em coming!!!:woohoo:

Hey Doc....
Any word on the new hot tub that's supposed to be going in at the Beach House?

Thanks for the report and pictures. Did you buy anything good at the logo sale?

It's good to see they are replacing carpet and appliances. Last summer we were in building 29 (I think), and the carpet was stained in many places, and the stove was in bad shape.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter