• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from BLT..

murraylieb

Earning My Ears
While taking a break from the fun for a rainstorm, decided I'd try a mini trip report while sitting on our balcony watching the lightning.

This was our first post-divorce vacation for me, dd11 and ds8. I was a little nervous that I'd be going stir crazy for adult interaction but so far so good. We booked BLT since we had never stayed here before and we got a 2 BR lakeview for 7 nights...I was pretty excited.

Day One...We drove down late (had to wait for kids to finish soccer games) and got to BLT about 9:30. Check in was at BLT...only problem was it took forever to get bell services. Front desk even called for them 3 times. We're used to bell services being there waiting when you pull in. The front desk was not able to give me a north end room ending in 02 like I had requested but they did put us on the 16th floor. At first I was disappointed but later realized it was great for 2 reasons...1)It made us feel special to have to use keycard to go to our floor and 2)We were literally 3 doors down from the lounge so I could put kids down or leave them for a few minutes and go grab a drink, especially nice for sitting on my balcony after kids went to sleep. We are also loving that we can go watch the fireworks on the balcony in pjs. Our view is pretty nice too. We are the last room on the south side overlooking the pool and lake. It was a late night getting kids settled in so I was hoping for a late morning as well. With kids, not happening...

I can not wait to hear more about your vacation! I'm not sure when my girls and I will be able to get back, we miss it so much!

Live from BLT...Day Two

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day Two

Even though I didn't get to bed until after 1am, kids were up by 6:30. Hopped on monorail and headed to Poly for breakfast at their food court. Then headed back to BLT for pool time. We spent about 5 hours out at the pool. Kids stayed in the water but I tried to relax on a chair until dd was practically dragging me in. We played a lot of the pool cames where I'm embarrassed to say I did the chicken dance in my swimsuit...sorry if you were there and saw me.

We then headed to room and cooked dinner and then caught a bus to DTD for dessert. Then took a bus to AoA to see the Cars theme and the Lion King theme. This new resort is pretty awesome for kids. I was expecially impressed by the cars section...it seems so realistic. My ds would love to stay there. Then took the bus back to MK and walked back to BLT for the fireworks and then to bed. My dd loves being able to walk down the hall after the fireworks while everyone else is waiting for the elevators. It was a pretty good, relaxing day. Next up...Seaworld

Day Three

Today we decided to use as an off-site day and go to Seaworld. We got up and baked some cinammon rolls (love having a kitchen) and headed out. We were at SW by 9:00. We rode Manta, Kraken and Journey to Atlantis multiple times with no wait. Also did all the shows and visited the dolphins several times. I think I spent more of the day in wet clothes than in dry but we had a blast. Closed down the park at 6 and headed back to BLT where we cooked dinner and headed down the hall for the nightly fireworks.

Up next....MNSSHP....we can't wait!!!

Your location sounds wonderful! Hope you are having a super fun time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter