Live from BCV

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
Checked into BCV late on Thursday. View not the greatest and we are located 2 rooms from the end of the building near the parking lot. Staying in a studio. Room is very nice, perfect for the 2 of us. Love the entryway with the wallshelf and pegs for lanyards, visors, jackets, etc. Bathroom seems larger than BWV, but obvisuly smaller than OKW.

View is mostly of trees. See Tower of Terror to the right over the Swan and Dolphon. See France to the left, and can see "smoke" from Illuminations, but no fireworks, can certainly hear it though. All CM's encountered very pleasant. No problems of any kind.

One thing, cannot set thermostat lower than 68 and room gets a little warm at night, warmer than the hallways.

Glad to answer any questions.

Thanks for the live report!! How long did it take you to get into EPCOT on Friday :(? How long did you wait in likes :(? Nat & Raul & others reported long lines. Hope things went better today! Maybe it is nice to go "home" to the BCV to relax!

didn't take any time to get into EPCOT thru International Gateway. I didn't have any problems with breakfast, mozied on over to get my pins and stood in line from about 9:20 until 2:45. :eek: :eek: :eek: Honest, no potty break, no food, no drink, it was absurd.

refused to do it today. So I did the Conquer the World Challenge. It made me decide I will never do another Pin Event............................................ I got a lot of great pins, but it is not worth the time. :(

Worst experience I have had at Disney in my many, many, many trips.

Hi
Thank you for the trip reports. We just returned from BCV on Monday (9/16), it was our first trip home and we really loved it. We really liked the studio that we stayed in, I agree that those hooks by the door are very useful.

I just wanted to know how you felt about the water pressure in the shower. Both my DH and I found ours to be ridiculously weak. Maybe its different depending on what room your in, who knows. That was my only complaint.

Jemima

Originally posted by Jemima
Hi
I just wanted to know how you felt about the water pressure in the shower. Both my DH and I found ours to be ridiculously weak. Maybe its different depending on what room your in, who knows. That was my only complaint.

Jemima

That was my only real complaint at BCV - the water pressure!!!
I have shoulder length, THICK hair, and it was brutal trying to rinse the conditioner out!
I realized just how bad the pressure was when we checked into the YC after BCV, where the pressure was great!

We are in 549, and yes water pressure is pitiful.....................

Off to EPCOT, last full day here. ANymore questions will gladly answer.

RweTHEREyet, I wondered if it was easier/less time consuming to get into EPCOT via the International Gateway - a definite plus to staying at BCV! I understand your thoughts on pin events. Enjoy your stay at "home!"

I would say it is easier to get to EPCOT than driving or dealing with WDW Transportation. However, if you are in the rooms closest to the parking lot of the BCV, then you have yourself a little hike. I have mixed emotions about Beach Club:

loved the decor
studio was perfect size for me and hubby
if on 5th floor the lights outside don't go out and shine in over the curtains
walking down the long corridor makes you feel like Alice in Wonderland.
elevators are really fast
bathrooms are bigger that BWV studios

learning to navigate the building takes some time. Not all exterior "public" door have access from the outside. Meaning, just because you went out that door at the end of the building does not mean you can get back in it. Also, just because there is a sidewalk along the building between the access road does not mean there is a door that will let you gain access. you must go to the front side of the building and enter that way.

I think at heart I still prefer OKW, but I am very glad to have ownership at BCV, too. Wondering if my expectations were to high.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter