Live Every Moment--10 Days in Disney

benji2012

Mouseketeer
About a year and a half ago, the love of my life, was diagnosed with cancer (multiple myeloma) after months of misdiagnosis. The diagnosis came after a 3 am ambulance trip to the emergency room followed by emergency surgery to remove a spinal tumor. (One of his vertebrae had to be replaced because it had turned to "peanut butter".) We've been through a lot. Induction chemo, ICU, sepsis, rehab, returning to work, leaving work.

We had no idea what that would mean for our life at that time, and we began to think that returning to Disney may never happen.

But it did, we've been three times since then. It hasn't been easy. While he is somewhat mobile, he has limitations. Taking 30 plus pills a day affects everything about your life.

On our latest trip in October, my love said he wished we could come for a longer time so he could enjoy Disney more. He can usually manage four or five hours in a park, and then needs a full day of rest. When you are only there for 5 days, that doesn't leave room for much fun.

So the dream was born...and I booked a 10 day trip for February. We are DVC owners, and the places available were OKW, Saratoga Springs, and AKL Kidani. We chose Kidani. Since I may leave DBF at the resort, I want him to at least be able to get a place to get drinks/snacks in his electric wheelchair if I'm away. SS and OKW are too spread out for us.

The next post will be reserved for Table of Contents....followed by our plans so far...

Our plans thus far....

Initially we booked our trip Thursday, Feb. 9-Sunday, Feb. 19. And then this week I went to book our flights...and it was significantly cheaper to arrive on Feb. 8 and leave on Feb. 18. Duet to DBFs pain issues, it's easiest to book first class if we can afford it. We got lucky and it was only a $50 difference per person difference between Economy plus and First class. DBFs adult son will fly in with us, but leave after 5 days or so. Hopefully his adult daughter will join us the first weekend, but she is in school, so it's up in the air.

Day 1

Arrive at MCO around 6:30 pm
Check-in to Kidani Savannah view
Dinner at Sanaa
Go to Sleep!

Day 2
DBF Rest Day
Magic Kingdom Day
Lunch Reservation at Jungle Navigation Company

Day 3
DBF Fun Day
Hollywood Studios Day
Early Dinner Reservation at 50's Primetime

Day 4
DBF Rest Day
Animal Kingdom Day/Morning (?)
Grand Floridian Tea with my best friend (One of my best friends is supposed to move to Orlando at the first of the year due to her husbands work, and we love the tea, so hopefully we can make it happen.)

Day 5
DBF Fun Day
Epcot Day
Dinner Reservation at Tokyo Dining (DBFs son loves it here and would love to share with his dad)

Day 6
DBF rest day
Hollywood Studios Day
Lunch reservation for 1 for Dining with an Imagineer

Day 7
DBF Fun Day
No current reservations, but I am hoping for a CRT reservation at lunch or dinner. This is valentines day, and I have never eaten at CRT. We should be alone at this point

Day 8
DBF rest day
Epcot
No reservations

Day 9
DBF Fun Day
Animal Kingdom
No Reservations

Day 10
DBF Rest Day
Dinner reservation at Jiko...by far our favorite reservation in all of Disney

Day 11
Departure day
DBF will rest all day....for our 8 pm flight.

I am really excited about the Epcot Arts fest that was just announced...but that may affect a number of plans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter